• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

UKonservatives/Torykip - King Nidge using recent successes as leverage to form new Nationalist Pact?

Dublin 4

UKonservatives / Torykip - King Nidge using recent successes as leverage to form new Nationalist Pact?

Nigel Farage, the leader of the UK Independence Party, held a private dinner with Rupert Murdoch earlier this week in which he suggested he would form an electoral pact with the Conservatives if the Prime Minister stepped down.

Farage suggests Conservative pact at secret dinner with Murdoch - Telegraph

How much of this is just conjecture?

The Tories are losing Members & some are going to the Yookys.

The Tories also recently picked up a Maverick Yooky.

What is going on between the 2 Parties?

Are the Yookys going to grow massively during this Financial/Eurozone Crisis like Sinn Fein did during the Peace Process? :shock:

Last edited:

storybud1

Nigel hits home runs when he gets on the TV, there is no denying how he appeals to the average John Bull and this scares the hell out of the Millibands/Cleggs/Camerons who cannot get out of their lefty constraints.

The fact that they try and tar the UKIP crowd means they are worried,

Dublin 4

Nidge is a powerful orator alright - personality counts & he's more fun than the others.

Sync

1. UKIP have no seats in parliament.

2. If we know UKIP are going to go in with the Tories then they're destroyed as an "Anti-political" political party, and all those people who voted Lib Dem for a change who have migrated to UKIP float away.

3. UKIP have no seats in parliament.

4. It's a first past the post voting system. What sort of pact can you have? If Cameron goes you're not going to run candidates in any of the constituencies the Tories are? So.....all of them?

5. UKIP have no seats in parliament.

devonish

Can't see the advantage to the tories, they were stuffed when they moved to the right and let Tony's Labour occupy the centre. Come the general election the message to the right of the tory party will be simple - a vote for UKIP & you get a labout govt.
Murdoch, you couldn't like him if you reared him.

stopdoingstuff

UKIP are legends. All the other parties are total spas.

A view from England

2. If we know UKIP are going to go in with the Tories then they're destroyed as an "Anti-political" political party, and all those people who voted Lib Dem for a change who have migrated to UKIP float away.

4. It's a first past the post voting system. What sort of pact can you have? If Cameron goes you're not going to run candidates in any of the constituencies the Tories are? So.....all of them?

UKIP may or may not win seats, but they can cost the Tories seats and this is the nub. All Cameron has to do is dump the leftist metropolitan agenda and turn back to the centre right : EU referendum in this parliament, major crackdown on immigration and welfare fraud, build a few new prisons and lock up more of the track suited class and the 2015 election is in the bag. Anything less and Milliband will be the next PM, either with Labour in a majority or a Lib/Lab coalition.

stopdoingstuff

They don't need seats to bargain though. They just need to convince Dave that they can stop him from winning seats. They could conceivably do some sort of deal but both sides would have a lot of explaining to do. But I think the Tories would look much weaker by doing a deal than UKIP would.

devoutcapitalist

the tories would want to be completely stupid to even consider an electoral pact with ukip, they would once again become completely unelectable.

TheLastLazyGun

I enjoyed watching Diane James, the UKIP candidate who finished second in Eastleigh, on BBC Question Time last night, which was broadcast from a ferry terminal in Dover. Her and the Daily Mail's Melanie Phillips were the only two on the panel who talked any sense, because the others were Left Wingers (also on the panel were Tory Lefty Ken Clarke, speaking his usual drivel; Stephen Twigg, the Labour MP for Liverpool West Derby; and union leader Bob Crow who, of course, couldn't go the entire show without mentioning Cuba).

There was an obnoxious young lady in the audience with a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp who started slagging off poor Diane, calling UKIP "disgusting" and saying that they only "pray on vulnerable people." She was quickly slapped down good and proper, though, by Melanie.

She's just angry that UKIP wiped the floor with Labour at Eastleigh

Just after the show there emerged an interesting developing regarding this girl. She apparently works for the Labour Party and spoke to Twigg on Twitter before the show: http://kebabtime.blogspot.co.uk/

I never thought I would say this: I actually agreed with something Bob Crow said on the show. He said that he has never been in favour of Britain's membership of the EU and wants Britain out of it. He believes there should definitely be an EU in/out referendum, whoever wins the next election.

Last edited:

A view from England

I enjoyed watching Diane James, the UKIP candidate who finished second in Eastleigh, on BBC Question Time last night, which was broadcast from a ferry terminal in Dover. Her and the Daily Mail's Melanie Phillips were the only two on the panel who talked any sense, because the others were Left Wingers (also on the panel were Tory Lefty Ken Clarke, speaking his usual drivel; Stephen Twigg, the Labour MP for Liverpool West Derby; and union leader Bob Crow who, of course, couldn't go the entire show without mentioning Cuba).

There was an obnoxious young lady in the audience with a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp who started slagging off poor Diane, calling UKIP "disgusting" and saying that they only "pray on vulnerable people." She was quickly slapped down good and proper, though, by Melanie.

Just after the show there emerged an interesting developing regarding this girl. She apparently works for the Labour Party and spoke to Twigg on Twitter before the show: Kebab time

I never thought I would say this: I actually agreed with something Bob Crow said on the show. He said that he has never been in favour of Britain's membership of the EU and wants Britain out of it. He believes there should definitely be an EU in/out referendum, whoever wins the next election.

If I recall correctly it is not the first time that the BBC had been caught putting Labour staffers in the audience for QT.
I stopped watching it many years ago. It has become nothing more than a BBC/Labour leftist propaganda show.

TheLastLazyGun

If I recall correctly it is not the first time that the BBC had been caught putting Labour staffers in the audience for QT.
I stopped watching it many years ago. It has become nothing more than a BBC/Labour leftist propaganda show.
They do it every show. The BBC fills the audience up with as many Lefties as they can, so even when the show comes from a diehard Tory area any Tory MP in the panel is always heckled and patronisingly giggled at by the crowd, whereas any Labour MP is always given a huge round of applause whenever they utter a word. This gives the impression that the people in the town support Labour and hate the Tories, even if though it's a diehard Tory area.

UKIP has spooked the Tories, no question about it - and Labour to an extent as well. Thus the emphasis on restricting immigration by both parties.

BUT. UKIP is Farage. Without Farage they are a mess. I suspect that the old phenomenon of Tory voters using UKIP as a protest vote or as an 'up yours' in EP elections still stands. And I think the Tories know this. I would not hold my breath expecting UKIP to pick up more than a handful (if that) in any Westminster election.

Socratus O' Pericles

Those leftie Tories frighten me :shock2:

Ribeye

Nice OP Deef, and King Nidge is defo gonna stick, nice work,

I love the way people keep saying, "UKIP have no seats" when it's clearly only a matter of time, fools:)

I missed QT last night, but I'll hopefully get it on YouTube,

Nidge is great, who else could get away with that Chesire Cat grin,

Ireland desperately needs an anti EU party,

c.25% of the electorate, right of the bat,

An Independent Ireland, with friendship and trade with all countries who want likewise:)

Simples eh:)

livingstone

They do it every show. The BBC fills the audience up with as many Lefties as they can, so even when the show comes from a diehard Tory area any Tory MP in the panel is always heckled and patronisingly giggled at by the crowd, whereas any Labour MP is always given a huge round of applause whenever they utter a word. This gives the impression that the people in the town support Labour and hate the Tories, even if though it's a diehard Tory area.
That's just not the case. Do you not remember the roasting that Margaret Beckett got when she appeared - it's gone down in history. You will also usually get applause from sections of the audience when someone does the whole 'look at the mess Labour made' spiel. It's completely myopic to suggest that QT is universally favourable to Labour. I don't know how often you watch QT but your depiction is simply not accurate.

livingstone

Just after the show there emerged an interesting developing regarding this girl. She apparently works for the Labour Party and spoke to Twigg on Twitter before the show: Kebab time

That only works if you assume that BBC knew she worked for Labour AND that Dimbleby picked her to comment knowing her connection.

I've been in the audience at QT. It's very random - there's no assigned seating, and the only audience members who Dimbleby knows about are those who ask questions. So when Dimbleby called on her to comment, he would not have known who she was or what view she was representing (unless you believe that he knows every Labour staffer by sight).