Ukrainian hacker behind billion euro robbery arrested in Spain

statsman

https://www.thelocal.es/20180327/spain-arrests-ukrainian-cyber-criminal-mastermind

Spain and Europol on Monday announced the arrest of a Ukrainian man dubbed the mastermind of a gang behind hundreds of cyberattacks that have netted around a billion euros from banks
It seems 'Denis K' targetted Russian banks via ATMs in Madrid where accomplices were able to withdraw up to half a million euro at a time. Some of the takings were then laundered via cryptocurrencies.

The arrest seems to have been the result of international cooperation between state agencies and private security firms, which is hopeful.

Last edited:

Jack Walsh

https://www.thelocal.es/20180327/spain-arrests-ukrainian-cyber-criminal-mastermind

It seems 'Denis K' targetted Russian banks via ATMs in Madrid where accomplices were able to withdraw up to half a million euro at a time. Some of the takings were then laundered via cryptocurrencies.

The arrest seems to have been the result of international cooperation between state agencies and private security firms, which is hopeful.
Huge score for law enforcement
The Achilles heel of hugely talented IT people is often their incredible arrogance, believing their niche expertise extends to all areas
That's when they get sloppy

Unsurprising to see cryptocurrencies front and centre yet again

statsman

Huge score for law enforcement
The Achilles heel of hugely talented IT people is often their incredible arrogance, believing their niche expertise extends to all areas
That's when they get sloppy

Unsurprising to see cryptocurrencies front and centre yet again
Reminds me of some I've seen posting on here.

Cruimh

but, but, but - this means he is white .... not a Nigerian or a Traveller or a Joo ....

Let us hope he turns out to be ghay .....

stopdoingstuff

Is this like drugs? I mean if you claim that the money was just for personal use, do you get a reduced sentence?

brughahaha

We've done away with trials now have we ....I know statsman has strong fascist tendencies but surely the mods might request the word accused is used in the title , rather than a factual assertion pre trial

Cruimh

We've done away with trials now have we ....I know statsman has strong fascist tendencies but surely the mods might request the word accused is used in the title , rather than a factual assertion pre trial
You should contact the Local about the headline in the linked article "Mastermind behind €1 billion cyber bank robbery arrested in Spain"

It'll be interesting to see if the mods try to cesnor the OP.

brigg

but, but, but - this means he is white .... not a Nigerian or a Traveller or a Joo ....

Let us hope he turns out to be ghay .....
...Because members of the Travelling Community are well known for their computer literacy and advanced I.T. skills.

statsman

Yes, I've declared the First Irish Reich and the Gaystapo will be around your gaff tonight to disappear you.

statsman

You should contact the Local about the headline in the linked article "Mastermind behind €1 billion cyber bank robbery arrested in Spain"

I'll be happy if they just fix my typo.

statsman

I'll be happy if they just fix my typo.
Looks like I fixed my own typo.

Popular Threads

Most Replies