UK's 'biggest stag' Exmoor Emperor shot dead

cozzy121

I would never consider myself in favour of animal rights etc, but this story makes my blod boil.

BBC News - UK's 'biggest stag' Exmoor Emperor shot dead

A giant red stag, thought to have been the biggest wild land animal in the UK, has been shot dead.....A licensed hunter rather than poacher is thought to have killed Emperor.......He said that although the shooting was legal, deer lovers were becoming increasingly worried about the number of rich sportspeople coming to Exmoor to shoot its finest stags as trophies.
Some rich bastard shooting this creature, no doubt with the help and support of trackers, beaters etc..
grrrrr:mad:

Asparagus

Cormac O Conachur

I would never consider myself in favour of animal rights etc, but this story makes my blod boil.

BBC News - UK's 'biggest stag' Exmoor Emperor shot dead

Some rich bastard shooting this creature, no doubt with the help and support of trackers, beaters etc..
grrrrr:mad:
Cozzy
Don't get upset about a trivial issue. You can see the article stated the stag was 135kg. Its obviously written by someone not so authoritive . Probably got mixed up with the weight of the Hunter, most likely a big fat tycoon, smoking cigars, and owning an oil well in Texas. In keeping with my thinking that all these issues raised are by persons with an anti fieldsport/animal rights agenda, I have painted the typical sterotypical hunter that we all love to hate, and we can enjoy our hatred all the more for our fellow man.

It might have been a bushman of the Kalahari that did it, chasing him for 24 hours or more until the animal can't run anymore to save himself, and dispatching him with crude spears. Some people would admire this, I do.

Its all about perception and balance, and this taking of a stag is not an issue in the wider view of the World.

You could, if you like , given your penchant for the ridiculous, create a law stating that it is illegal to shoot the largest deer in England, as you seem to be insensed by the fact that it was the biggest.
There is probably 100's of deer stalked every day in England during the Hunting season, what has size got to do with it?

Get some perspective, or at least be consistent.

No offense intended.:)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies