UL becomes a University of Sanctuary

The_SR

What a nasty bilious thread.

How dare those pesky immigrants be smarter than the bedwetting brigade.

Felixness

What a nasty bilious thread.

How dare those pesky immigrants be smarter than the bedwetting brigade.
Where does it say they are smarter? What about Irish kids from poor backgrounds who can't afford university, get out of it you clown.

ergo2

Is UL the place that was paying three presidents at one time?.

Any of the money overpaid refunded?

Are they being generous here with tax payers' funds?

Last edited:

The_SR

Where does it say they are smarter? What about Irish kids from poor backgrounds who can't afford university, get out of it you clown.
They apply for the thousands of scholarships out there. Or work their way through college, which asylum seekers can't do.

It's not zero sum

Felixness

They apply for the thousands of scholarships out there. Or work their way through college, which asylum seekers can't do.

It's not zero sum
No, asylum seekers get a free roof over their heads, 3 meals a day, they're clothed, educated and receive free medical treatment all at the expense of taxpayers, many of whom can't afford to put their own kids through university. Nice try but no cigar.

The_SR

No, asylum seekers get a free roof over their heads, 3 meals a day, they're clothed, educated and receive free medical treatment all at the expense of taxpayers, many of whom can't afford to put their own kids through university. Nice try but no cigar.
Because the state takes up to 8 years to process them. They should put their kids potential aside because of our disfunctional system?

There are plenty of options avariable to poorer families in terms of education. This does not impact on that.

Felixness

Because the state takes up to 8 years to process them. They should put their kids potential aside because of our disfunctional system?

There are plenty of options avariable to poorer families in terms of education. This does not impact on that.
No it does not. There are thousands in Direct Provision for more than 5 years because they are allowed to make failed claim after failed claim for years on end. They should be back living on the huge continent of Africa, not running to Ireland with a begging bowl and a fake sob story, I've no sympathy for lying benefit tourists.

Roll_On

I thought UL was going to declare it's self a sanctuary for whistleblowers in light of recent financial irregularities. Obviously not, the whistleblowers are on the dole at the min and the senior staff continue to dish out contracts to their pals/themselves willie nillie.

The_SR

No it does not. There are thousands in Direct Provision for more than 5 years because they are allowed to make failed claim after failed claim for years on end. They should be back living on the huge continent of Africa, not running to Ireland with a begging bowl and a fake sob story, I've no sympathy for lying benefit tourists.
But they aren't, are they.....

What does this matter to you anyway? You clearly aren't university material.

razorblade

There were around a thousand new Nigerian citizens this year. How? Nigeria is so far away.

Genuinely curious why we seem to get so many members of one specific nationality when there is no geographical explanation.
Apparently its ok for these scammers to just show up and claim asylum with no questions asked like how they managed to end up here, it makes me furious that no one is willing to do anything about it, it's a free for all for whoever wants it and we're all supposed to sit down and be happy about it, what a fukking joke.

The_SR

Apparently its ok for these scammers to just show up and claim asylum with no questions asked like how they managed to end up here, it makes me furious that no one is willing to do anything about it, it's a free for all for whoever wants it and we're all supposed to sit down and be happy about it, what a fukking joke.
Again, just not true. Loads are turned away at the airport or deported. But you just keep howling at that moon

Hitchcock

She's from an African country and was shocked at how easy it was to scam the system. The hotel is part of a chain. The city was Dublin.

In this case they were Nigerian. One man, three women and seven children. Remember we have NO mechanism for checking people who have left the country. I don't care what colour or religion you are but I do not want people in this country who are scammers or who won't integrate. Copying Switzerland will at least put an onus on people here to make an effort to integrate. Unlike the likes of Mr. Halawa up in Clonskeagh who can't speak English having been here for 15 years or the wives of the chaps at the local Indian who sit at home never going out isolated. But that is ok with you.
She's from an African country and was shocked at how easy it was to scam the system. The hotel is part of a chain. The city was Dublin.
Grand, so it's the testimony of one woman.

In this case they were Nigerian. One man, three women and seven children.
So these 4 adults were allegedly involved in fraudulent activity and from that you felt compelled to this
They book a hotel online with a credit card
?

Felixness

But they aren't, are they.....

What does this matter to you anyway? You clearly aren't university material.
Ahh diddums, I blew your argument(not that you really had one) out of the water and now you resort to insults. How very typical.

Felixness

In an episode of Stop Search Seize last year I saw an African woman with her kids arrive at Dublin airport and as she handed over the passports she admitted she and her family were traveling on fake passports. As usual, she claimed to be a political refugee and the good aul lads at Dublin airport were only tripping over themselves to get her to the full asylum package that day. The correct response would be to take her and her kids aside to a holding area and pop them on the next flight back to where they came from. Not put them up here.

dizillusioned

Again, just not true. Loads are turned away at the airport or deported. But you just keep howling at that moon
Yes proper Refugees SHOULD be allowed into any country. Economic migrants should not, in my opinion. The Tax Payer is ultimately going to have to pay for people.

Why should anyone be entitled to live anywhere they want? There are rules to follow. No one should be able to abuse any system to get ahead in this life. Yes, the argument can be made that the "west" has all the resources and employment. That should not mean that anyone should be allowed to live there.

Eg. If 1 million Nigerians decide to make Ireland home, should we welcome them with open arms? Would it be "racist" to complain that proper vetting of ALL those deciding to come here take place? It is the same for any country...

The tax payer ultimately foots the bill.

Limericks ability to use money from the tax payer is actually IMHO stealing...

The_SR

Ahh diddums, I blew your argument(not that you really had one) out of the water and now you resort to insults. How very typical.
You haven't blown anything. All you are doing is whinging that a group of kids aren't being excluded from education any more. Because of false stories about the system and general bigotry.

The_SR

Yes proper Refugees SHOULD be allowed into any country. Economic migrants should not, in my opinion. The Tax Payer is ultimately going to have to pay for people.

Why should anyone be entitled to live anywhere they want? There are rules to follow. No one should be able to abuse any system to get ahead in this life. Yes, the argument can be made that the "west" has all the resources and employment. That should not mean that anyone should be allowed to live there.

Eg. If 1 million Nigerians decide to make Ireland home, should we welcome them with open arms? Would it be "racist" to complain that proper vetting of ALL those deciding to come here take place? It is the same for any country...

The tax payer ultimately foots the bill.

Limericks ability to use money from the tax payer is actually IMHO stealing...
So we agree the system is the issue. Blaming everyone caught in it is plain daft.

Felixness

You haven't blown anything. All you are doing is whinging that a group of kids aren't being excluded from education any more. Because of false stories about the system and general bigotry.

Either you are extremely naive or just a troll, I haven't decided which.

Popular Threads

Most Replies