• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Ulster Mum jailed for links to the "Islamic State".

GDPR

She was raised Protestant so there is every possibility that she grew up in a house hold poisoned by the influences of the Orange Order leading her on her conversion to Islam to drift towards the most violently sectarian expression of that Religion. Hopefully this will cause people to reflect but I wont be holding my breathe. The other woman from Northern Ireland who ran into troubles with the forces of Law due to her involvement with Jihadism was also from a Protestant background. It could well be said that the Orange Order is the Muslim Brotherhood for Ulster Prods.

"Lorna Moore, originally from Omagh in Co Tyrone, was brought up as a Protestant but converted to Islam in 2002.

The 34-year-old was planning to take her three young children to the war zone - including an 11-month-old baby.....

Sentencing at the Old Bailey, Judge Charles Wide described Moore as a "very strong character" and said she "knew perfectly well of your husband's dedication to terrorism".

RTÉ Mobile - Omagh woman jailed over links to Islamic State

drummed

IS promote a very family orientated vision of society which leads us away from western decadence and capitalistic self indulgence and individuality. Such things have led to a general decline in our moral and ethical standards. I suggest promoting these values is exactly what Europe needs right now to return to the path of true spirituality.

As a renowned heretic and egotist I am not surprised the OP'er rejects these basic values.

D

Deleted member 17573

She was raised Protestant so there is every possibility that she grew up in a house hold poisoned by the influences of the Orange Order leading her on her conversion to Islam to drift towards the most violently sectarian expression of that Religion. Hopefully this will cause people to reflect but I wont be holding my breathe. The other woman from Northern Ireland who ran into troubles with the forces of Law due to her involvement with Jihadism was also from a Protestant background. It could well be said that the Orange Order is the Muslim Brotherhood for Ulster Prods.

"Lorna Moore, originally from Omagh in Co Tyrone, was brought up as a Protestant but converted to Islam in 2002.

The 34-year-old was planning to take her three young children to the war zone - including an 11-month-old baby.....

Sentencing at the Old Bailey, Judge Charles Wide described Moore as a "very strong character" and said she "knew perfectly well of your husband's dedication to terrorism".

One can only hope that Cruimh does not follow her down this road.

ardsman

Another Orange Order slagfest from Ratio then....Quelle surprise...

drummed

As a militant secularist Ratio is scared of the growing trend towards traditional values. We can all see how he wants to undermine goodness and spiritual wellbeing in favour of self-centred narcissism.

Irish-Rationalist

I'm failing to make the connection with the Orange Order and ISIS. Jeez, the ornj are composed of narrow-minded, sectarian, pseudo-religious, bigots, but I've yet to hear of one of them hacking an infidel's head off with one of their swords. The impressionable young Protestant women who've swallowed Islam are just that; naive and impressionable, and foolish.

former wesleyan

The Auld Wahabbi flute.

We'll kick the Crusaders and Zionists over Dollys Brae.

Ramadan's over, why don't you go home.

Stumps across the water.

GDPR

Ratio, that's a ridiculously bigoted intro.
I can understand why you typed that but in all honestly I have read "Milestones" as well as a volume of his poetry in translation by Sayyid Qutb and was honestly found them very impressive. You can recognize virtues in people and still hold them as enemies. Of course the Muslim Brotherhood are miles ahead of our own trash but that does not negate their similarity in essence which has increased as they have fallen ever more under influences stemming from the Gulf states.

GDPR

The Auld Wahabbi flute.

We'll kick the Crusaders and Zionists over Dollys Brae.

Ramadan's over, why don't you go home.

Stumps across the water.
Not only do ISIS objectively serve the interests of the Zionist colonial project but they have openly stated they regard the Shia as a greater enemy than the Zionists; in fact many people refer to them as the Israhelli Secret Intelligence Service.

http://yournewswire.com/donald-trump-accuses-israel-for-funding-isis/

http://www.globalresearch.ca/israel-supports-isis/5492807

You just have to love the Donald dont you? A big part of me doesnt want him in win because I fear he might actually make America great again but on the other hand that witch Hilary might actually kick off WWIII....

Last edited:

devonish

Jumping to wild conclusions there, now the last time the OO gave any indication of their numbers they said they had around 34,000 members. If you take the protestant population (or those from protestant background) at say 700,000 then the probability of someone at random from the protestant background being a member of the OO is about 1 in 20 or 5%, not what you would call "every possibility".

Glaucon

Jumping to wild conclusions there, now the last time the OO gave any indication of their numbers they said they had around 34,000 members. If you take the protestant population (or those from protestant background) at say 700,000 then the probability of someone at random from the protestant background being a member of the OO is about 1 in 20 or 5%, not what you would call "every possibility".
You're employing reason when dealing with Bill. There's your first error.

GDPR

You will note that I said there is every possibility that she grew up around their influences rather than saying their membership.

Emily Davison

No idea why you're only showing us two protestants, for a bit of balance how about you introduce us to some other wing nuts from say Catholicism. You're living in the South now Ratio I think, trust me, there's been plenty down the years. It's not exclusive to the North, to Orangies or to Protestants.

As a starting point and to point you in the general direction listen to Christy Moore. About who he won't get into a jacuzzi with the morning after the night before.

GDPR

Must be trolling.
I sometimes mildly exaggerate to make a point but I never troll.

Anybody acquainted with the history of ideas and religion cannot fail to notice the eerie similarity between Salafi Islam and Ulster and Scottish Protestantism; the politicial theology of ISIS and that of Richard Cameron are practically identical, than you the nihilistic iconoclasm, contempt for reason, un-nuanced and idolatrous essentially approach to Scripture, contempt for religious hierarchy, seeing hatred as a spiritual virtue, love of violence, etc, etc.

GDPR

No idea why you're only showing us two protestants, for a bit of balance how about you introduce us to some other wing nuts from say Catholicism. You're living in the South now Ratio I think, trust me, there's been plenty down the years. It's not exclusive to the North, to Orangies or to Protestants.

As a starting point and to point you in the general direction listen to Christy Moore. About who he won't get into a jacuzzi with the morning after the night before.
I have met English, French, Swiss and it goes without saying Scottish Catholics who were basically nuts. I have yet to meet an Irish one who is though. In fact Irish Catholics in general could do with a bit more extravagance.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies