Una Mullally's Irish times article 27/4/2015

daithimac

Twitter
@daveyawesome
Una Mullally has an article in todays Irish Times which had me as a 30 year old grown man fighting tears on the train this morning.

She begins by describing going for a test in Hospital with her partner Sarah and having issue with refering to her as her girlfriend even though she is completely out and has spoken on national media numerous times on gay civil rights issues.

She then goes on that the test results ended up confirming that she has a rather serious cancer which requires agressive treatment and is three weeks into cemo to overcome it and the role her partner is playing in this.

Her writing is much more eloquent than mine and moved me deeply. it can be found here: Una Mullally: It

It also makes me question how anyone could be heartless enough to vote no and have the nerve to interfre with the relationships of others in such an intimate way and how sex is in many ways a minor aspect of marriage as opposed to the nurture and support and I'm left asking myself why anyone would wish to deprive someone of the rights, recognition and support they deserve in the most stressful of times for any couple.

Wishing Ms Mullally a very speedy recovery.

ne0ica

If you don't vote Yes you hate people with cancer now. The Yes side are getting desperate.

Last edited:

Clanrickard

Boo hoo hoo! A load of tosh! She was embarrassed to say "girlfriend". Somehow given her student union type rants and her cocky demenour I doubt that to be true.

ne0ica

Boo hoo hoo! A load of tosh! She was embarrassed to say "girlfriend". Somehow given her student union type rants and her cocky demenour I doubt that to be true.
Yeah I found that hard to believe as well. She strikes me as the type who would have loved it if the nurse or hospital had done something she considered as a slight against her alternative lifestyle choice.

Roll_On

Yeah I found that hard to believe as well. She strikes me as the type who would have loved it if the nurse or hospital had done something she considered as a slight against her alternative lifestyle choice.
Jeeze you really do hate the gays don't ya. maybe take up painting, set yourself free.

artfoley56

i read the article this morning. it was a missed opportunity to be quite honest; it could have been a very poignant article about her cancer, her treatment and her hopes for a yes vote.

however, the tagline "it's hard to accept yourself when your country doesnt" and other quotes left a bad taste in my mouth. as someone who's wife is currently undergoing treatment for cancer i know what's I can understand to an extent what a partner can bring to the table

Betson

Una Mullally has an article in todays Irish Times which had me as a 30 year old grown man fighting tears on the train this morning.
It does not take much to reduce you to tears.

She writes overly political correct nonsense most of the time.

But it is good that the cancer is not terminal and I do wish her a full speedy recovery. Chemo is an awful treatment to go through.

ne0ica

Jeeze you really do hate the gays don't ya.
No I don't. What I hate is being lectured constantly by the likes of Ms Mullaly and a drag queen. You want respect, stop being such cry babies and drama queens.

artfoley56

i read the article this morning. it was a missed opportunity to be quite honest; it could have been a very poignant article about her cancer, her treatment and her hopes for a yes vote.

however, the tagline "it's hard to accept yourself when your country doesnt" and other quotes left a bad taste in my mouth. as someone who's wife is currently undergoing treatment for cancer i know what's I can understand to an extent what a partner can bring to the table

cozzy121

She begins by describing going for a test in Hospital with her partner Sarah and having issue with refering to her as her girlfriend even though she is completely out and has spoken on national media numerous times on gay civil rights issues.

She then goes on that the test results ended up confirming that she has a rather serious cancer which requires agressive treatment and is three weeks into cemo to overcome it and the role her partner is playing in this.

Her writing is much more eloquent than mine and moved me deeply. it can be found here: Una Mullally: It

It also makes me question how anyone could be heartless enough to vote no and have the nerve to interfre with the relationships of others in such an intimate way and how sex is in many ways a minor aspect of marriage as opposed to the nurture and support and I'm left asking myself why anyone would wish to deprive someone of the rights, recognition and support they deserve in the most stressful of times for any couple.

Wishing Ms Mullally a very speedy recovery.
Excellent O.P. And great to see all the pond scum it has dragged out ..

If you don't votes Yes you hate people with cancer now. The Yes side are getting desperate.
Is this about cancer of marriage?
If ever you needed any further evidence of how pathetic the no side is....

Roll_On

No I don't. What I hate is being lectured constantly by the likes of Ms Mullaly and a drag queen. You want respect, stop being such cry babies and drama queens.
I don't want your respect. You're a nasty person.

ne0ica

as the old saying goes, if they had brains they'd be dangerous. If she wasn't so blatantly canvassing it would have illicited genuine sympathy.

Nudavongs

Once again the 'no' side shows its true side with a bunch of anonymous bullies sneering at a true and honest story.

Posters lying about surrogacy and sneering at lone parent families is their style .

It's the same on TheJournal. Is it possible that we share a country with such a loathsome bunch of people? Or are they extreme conservatives bussed in from Hicksville, TN to boost number?

Mercurial

Nobody wants your respect, ne0cia. You are a vile human being.

Destiny's Soldier

As a No voter I respect Una for her article. It is a personal situation.

Who want's to hear they've Cancer at 32?

Her situation was that she felt embarrassed for a while for having to say she had a female partner as her next of kin. She was angry with herself for being like that in the situation with the nurse.

The issue I have is that the LGBT groups want to redefine marriage to validate their own sexual orientation issues. The Hetero community however do not have to redefine marriage to facilitate them.

Rewriting marriage into the constitution presents too many unknowns. Ultimately the electorate will recognise this and will vote No.

A Gay relationship can never be equal to a Heterosexual one no matter how it is presented under the guise of equality.

Why is a referendum needed anyway?

What do gay couples need that requires changing the constitution?

Nudavongs

Excellent O.P. And great to see all the pond scum it has dragged out ..

If ever you needed any further evidence of how pathetic the no side is....
Screenprint those posts and send them out on Twitter, Facebook everywhere. We can't reveal who these cowards are but we can reveal the true face of the 'no' side.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom