Understanding the current elections in the Zionist state.

Golah veNekhar

These elections which are generally being ignored outside of Palestine itself are probably the most important ones in the history of the Zionist State. They arose out of Avidor Liberman who brought on the last elections which failed to form a government by withdrawing support for Bibi out of his refusal to carry out yet another round of slaughter in Gaza refusing to join Likud coalition unless laws were passed forcing Yeshiva students to serve in the IDF. Liberman who advocates for the indigenous minority within the Green Line to be stripped of the vote if they don't accept the Nabka as being a beautiful thing and Jewish supremacism more generally is of the Hard Right however he is of the secular Hard Right and is now openly stating that he will join with the centrists in order to attack the Religious. Rather than for the centrists to go into coalition with the "Arab Parties" which is people like the 972+ collective were dreaming of (sometimes they are brilliant and sometimes they are utter gobshytes- I have to say though that the Mizrahi members come across as a lot more down to earth than the European Jews in them- maybe this comes down to class, maybe it comes down to ethnicity, maybe a little of both).

Due to the fact that there is not much antagonism between Religious and secular Jews outside of Palestine possibly people over look just how the bitter and intense the division between them is in Palestine- and American Jews in particular when they encounter this mutual hatred often find it deeply disturbing (I continue to be surprised about just how little supporters of the Zionist project actually know about it). With the indigenous population now more or less completely crushed with Gaza soon to be unable to sustain human life it is only natural that Jews in Palestine both secular and Religious will move on to dealing with what they see as the more important matter of dealing with each other. It could very easily lead to a civil war and in fact one of the leading Rabbis in Palestine,Yaaqov Medan has stated this and even come up with proposals to avoid such a conflict with some Tel Aviv secular academic.

You even have Jews like the brilliant Rabbi Menacham Froman who would be quite happy to rule alongside Palestinian Muslims (Christians in general they are not so sure about) but would like to suppress secular Jews (I do sympathize with their argument that if people want to be Western they should go and live in the West)- which if you think about it is not as crazy as it sounds at all when you think about it (there are hardly any Jews of this type living in the West).

Israel's deepest divide | +972 Magazine

Ariel Center for Policy Research (that link is particularly illuminating).

American Jews are Protestants, Israeli Jews are Catholics

Lapid backs Liberman’s call for Likud-Blue and White unity government

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Oh. I thought you were going to say with reference to the elections in Israel that 'it helps if you are a jewish candidate'. But I see you've gone the analytical route rather than the instinctive.

james toney

Why is this not classed as racist or anti semitic by the hasbara trolls,Israeli government,and their fascist supporters?....Ethnic cleansing...racism and anti semitism is okay it seems.....once it comes from zionists.....I wonder why it is supported?
It's just one of many reasons they are having a hard time lying and selling israeli Apartheid/racism.

Netanyahu taps far-right leaders as education, transportation ministers

Last edited:

james toney

Another hasbara troll that defends israeli fascism,racism..and anti semitism.
It's very kind of you and many others to reinforce my point.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies