RahenyFG

Yawn

neiphin

ya
its all enda"s fault
flop of troll

TommyO'Brien

not very liberal on social issues.
Yeah, so socially conservative that it was the first Dáil party to adopt a policy supporting civil partnerships and committed to introducing civil partnerships in its 2007 manifesto! :rolleyes:

TonyBird

Thoughtful post , Dolores . Given that there is good chance of an FG led government , it is only right that the personnel and the politics are given more scrutiny . To be honest I dont see any significant differences between them and FF .

Edo

God - Im trying to think the last time we were called anything as cool as an enigma!

As regards what we stand for - you could always go over to www.finegael.org if you really want to know - which i suspect you don't - given the tone of the post.

neiphin

Yeah, so socially conservative that it was the first Dáil party to adopt a policy supporting civil partnerships and committed to introducing civil partnerships in its 2007 manifesto! :rolleyes:
can i grow my weed tommy ?
without been a criminal ?
or do i have to go to some scobe ?

Holy Cow

FG have gone along with the IMF sellout. For that reason alone, they will suffer.

FG = Diet FF.

ocoonassa

They're basically the same hereditary corrupt incompetent gombeens as the others

If they're so hot how is it that they didn't manage to raise the alarm about what was happening to the economy? Why weren't they shouting about the deregulation of the financial sector and predicting the disaster?

They're useless failures like FF and should just give up and stop trying to fool people.

TonyBird

God - Im trying to think the last time we were called anything as cool as an enigma!

As regards what we stand for - you could always go over to www.finegael.org if you really want to know - which i suspect you don't - given the tone of the post.
I would suggest the OPs tone is fine . Afterall on last sundays 'week in politics' Leo Varadker suggested that his political opponents were mentally ill ,he called the 'united left alliance' , "the looney left alliance" . Hows that for 'tone' ?

GDPR

If they're so hot how is it that they didn't manage to raise the alarm about what was happening to the economy? Why weren't they shouting about the deregulation of the financial sector and predicting the disaster?
did the FF government give its figures to anyone ? All I know is FG left government with the country in sound financial health whereas FF was the government for a decade and destroyed the country and not for the first time but this time they put the country onto its knees. Theres nothing anyone can say thats going to make us hold FF in higher or equal esteem than any other party at this stage.

Cael

FF \FG \ Labour are one and the same thing. There is no need for an election, as FF\FG\Labour will win it again - and continue to be the cowardly footmen of the ruling class - the landed oligarchy and their bankers.

TonyBird

did the FF government give its figures to anyone ? All I know is FG left government with the country in sound financial health whereas FF was the government for a decade and destroyed the country and not for the first time but this time they put the country onto its knees. Theres nothing anyone can say thats going to make us hold FF in higher or equal esteem than any other party at this stage.
Indeed . Fair point . I cant help wondering however , how different things would be if they had won the last election . My feeling is , not very different . Tho I accept the FF damage had well and truly been done by that stage .

Cael

Indeed . Fair point . I cant help wondering however , how different things would be if they had won the last election . My feeling is , not very different . Tho I accept the FF damage had well and truly been done by that stage .
FG had every opportunity at the last election to oppose the property bubble - they didnt. Indeed, a lot of FG members were up to their neck in the corruption and fraud.

devnull

... we can see Labour taking the country towards a Nordic social model. ...
And people in the Fuehrerbunker could see a model of what Albert Speer was taking Berlin towards.
It's irrelevant unless our more pressing problems can be resolved and Gilmore's contradictory answers on whether or not he'll reverse cutbacks are of far more importance.

Cael

If the only criticism for YFG is the t-shirts then we must be doing something right :)

Although I'd agree Michael Collins is fairly irrelevant for recruitment!
The only criticism of FG is that you are Fianna Fáil with a different name. Both FG and FF work for the native landed oligarchy - against the Irish people.

ocoonassa

Sure it didn't need to give figures to anybody lots of political economists were making the correct predictions, none of them worked for FG or FF that's all I'm drawing attention to. They don't know what they're talking about. Clearly they aren't as culpable as FF but that's no reason at all to elect them.

GDPR

FF always saw themselves as the ''party of power'' . I heard that line directly from a FF minister at a public meeting once. They are more power hungry than FG/Labour and this leads to corruption and decisions not in the national interest. They see power as its own end. Running the country properly comes second to this end. And this self fulfilling prophecy determines the calibre of their candidates, hangers on and party members who all want to put their nose in the trough while cynically projecting their own faults onto others who are blameless with the tired old line of ''sure theyre all the same better the devil you know.'' I'd rather look to the track record.
If FF had lost the last election we wouldnt be guaranteeing stock market gamblers, the figures about the damage FF had done would be readily apparent and we probably wouldnt have the ridiculous situation where Anglo wont give its unencrypted files to the state which owns it. The boring grey media perception of Enda Kenny gives me a lot more faith in his lack of corruption and honesty. Thats exactly what we need. We dont need someone flashy and arrogant. We need someone who will do the job of serving the country and protecting our national interest. My feeling is any other government than a FF one would have been in general more honest and less corrupt. Only time will tell but if I was betting on a horse I wouldnt bet on the one which loses every race. Time to stop gambling our taxpayers money on the losing nag that is FF.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies