Unification or Relocation

bang bang

When the inevitable happens and our country is reunited should the Irish and British
governments offer a relocation package to those who are not so enamoured with this outcome.
I presume there are those particularly in the unionist community who may if offered take up this option.
What do you think?

former wesleyan

" reunited " implies that there was once a single political entity.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
When the inevitable happens and our country is reunited should the Irish and British
governments offer a relocation package to those who are not so enamoured with this outcome.
I presume there are those particularly in the unionist community who may if offered take up this option.
What do you think?
What would be wrong with the refugee centres already in existence? It would be discriminatory against all others applying for asylum in the UK to draw a distinction between some groups of refugees and not others.

Northsideman

What do you think?
The Brits are a tolerant type of folk why would the want a load of KKK marching bands relocating over there?

PBP voter

Most leave anyway.

Native Irish are being replaced by immigrants.

Most of our medical professionals have left to be replaced by immigrants.

Most of our engineers and architects have left. Loads of our teachers are leaving

Of course the law crowd won't. Nobody else would have them!

Fritzbox

" reunited " implies that there was once a single political entity.
Ireland was a 'single political entity' for literally hundred's of years before 1921, if I'm not mistaken?

blinding

What do you think?
Arlene will be leading the way .

firefly123

I don't imagine there will be a last helicopter out of Saigon scenario with reunification.
I doubt it will happen in a short period.
Certainly the Irish government will want a transition period and let the British pay for the initial bonfire fest that will happen.
If people really feel strongly about it I'm sure something can be arranged. The vacant property would help cool the markets I suppose. Belfast could find itself a boom town to counter overcrowded Dublin especially if a Google or Facebook tech firm sets up.
I'd rather they stay and make a go of it for their kids but if they want to leave then we should assist.

The one thing that shouldn't be tolerated is them staying and attempting to undermine. Then I'd deport their arses.

Spirit Of Newgrange

i might move North, convert to proddie whatever, take a payday. Move to Kilburn for 6 months, and then return to county Clare. Considerably richer.