Unionist consent to constitutional change

Paddyc

We'll just keep things the way they are or ideally without Stormont and Direct Rule.
When there’s a nationalist majority in Stormont and a nationalist majority of MPs and a Secretary of State for NI can’t call a border poll quickly enough?

How exactly will you “ keep things the way they are”?

The clock is running down on the six county state. Most people from a PUL background will get on with their lives in peace. Regretfully, it may be necessary to smack down a few recalcitrant troublemakers.

bang bang

You'll just have to wait and see. Your Father and grandparents all contributed to your DNA as well.

No one knows why anyone lives whatever length of time they do.

I have a friend whose Mother is 92 fit active and mentally sharp and smokes 40 a day.

We've all encountered the fit 30 year old who drops dead.

It's all a mystery.
For once, you're right😁

bang bang

They don't have to fight or obtain weapons.

As I said, a Drumcree style situation would destroy the Republic. They simply could not deal with it. 2 or 3 of them and then what?

Not being dominated by Irish republicans will be more than enough to fight for.

If you know anything about Ulster unionists you would know that.
In a 32 county Ireland you wouldn't be dominated by Irish republicans. I'm sure you're well aware of this.

Ireniall

We have our own country,it's called Northern Ireland.
The map you produced in your post no. 76 actually shows that Northern Ireland was inevitable,time to end your 100 year huff that you didn't get everything your own way.
True. That is an unfortunate fact. It would have been better if the success of the NE economy had been extended to the whole island or that it wasn't there at all or even just that it didn't coincide so much with the tribal boundaries. It has now left us all in a shocking situation of division and I agree that there was something inevitable about partition. The manner of how it was done however had within it the seeds of its destruction

Ireniall

Your favourite pipe dream................... I suspect that Jamie Bryson entertains himself in his idler moments (that's most of them I'd guess) with the same notions. :)
The idea that any organisation could mount a campaign like the Provos did from 1970 till 1996 is sheer fantasy.
The world is a different place now. Unlike then, there are no countries left who'd be prepared to help to arm such a group. There would be no sympathy in the USA or anywhere else. There would be no British Army to steal weapons from.
But more than that. There would be nowhere for unionists to go. The UK wouldn't want you. Why on earth would they? You could try independence of course, but you'd be an illegal state, another Transnistria or South Ossetia on the western edge of Europe, a rogue, friendless mini-state. The EU, USA and even the UK would not support you, or even trade with you.
In other worlds, not only would you have nothing to fight with, but, more importantly, you'd have nothing to fight for.
I doubt such a state would be tolerated by the international community. Inevitably it would include a large Catholic minority or else it would have been responsible for removing them from their homes. The Serbs would be the right ones to ask about that.. Whatever happens I don't think that is likely at all.

Newrybhoy

When there’s a nationalist majority in Stormont and a nationalist majority of MPs and a Secretary of State for NI can’t call a border poll quickly enough?

How exactly will you “ keep things the way they are”?

The clock is running down on the six county state. Most people from a PUL background will get on with their lives in peace. Regretfully, it may be necessary to smack down a few recalcitrant troublemakers.
Who's going to do this slapping down?

Newrybhoy

You can't even keep a flag up a pole on Belfast City Hall on your own terms such is your incapacity and impotence.

You are no longer in a position to dictate to anyone least of all the 6 million Nationalists in Ireland.
You are a minority in Ireland.
You are a minority in Ulster.
You are a minority in the North.

Game's up - a Re-United Ireland is inevitable and there is absolutely nothing you can do to prevent it.
You'll be safe and sound down in the sticks, don't worry yourself.

McSlaggart

They don't have to fight or obtain weapons.

As I said, a Drumcree style situation would destroy the Republic. They simply could not deal with it. 2 or 3 of them and then what?

Not being dominated by Irish republicans will be more than enough to fight for.

If you know anything about Ulster unionists you would know that.

Would you be doing this Drumcree style situation before or after the British army have left?

NMunsterman

- DT 123 **AKA Newrybhoy

** the poster who gloated that Dublin deserved to be bombed.

If you want to pick a fight with 6m Nationalists in Ireland as part of the minority 850K Unionist community in Ireland you should bear the following in mind first :

- be sure you fully understand that Britain has already dumped on the largest Unionist party in the North in public - and they will not be backing Jamie and his gang this time around.

- be sure you can count on Unionist stakeholders -> middle-classes, farmers, business and commercial interests - to back up Jamie and his gang before you lunge into the fire. Moreover, be sure you fully understand that these same Unionist stakeholders may well see that their best interests are served by doing a deal with Nationalist Ireland as part of a Re-United Ireland within the EU rather than embarking on a mission with Jamie and his gang - in which case Jamie and gang will be on their own (Combat 18 and the British National Front may offer some support, I grant you).

- be sure you fully understand that Ireland has the backing of both the EU and the US - Jamie and his gang will not have the support of Britain.

A Re-United Ireland is inevitable - and there is absolutely nothing you or anyone else can do to prevent it.

It's all good.

Newrybhoy

- DT 123 **AKA Newrybhoy

** the poster who gloated that Dublin deserved to be bombed.

If you want to pick a fight with 6m Nationalists in Ireland as part of the minority 850K Unionist community in Ireland you should bear the following in mind first :

- be sure you fully understand that Britain has already dumped on the largest Unionist party in the North in public - and they will not be backing Jamie and his gang this time around.

- be sure you can count on Unionist stakeholders -> middle-classes, farmers, business and commercial interests - to back up Jamie and his gang before you lunge into the fire. Moreover, be sure you fully understand that these same Unionist stakeholders may well see that their best interests are served by doing a deal with Nationalist Ireland as part of a Re-United Ireland within the EU rather than embarking on a mission with Jamie and his gang - in which case Jamie and gang will be on their own (Combat 18 and the British National Front may offer some support, I grant you).

- be sure you fully understand that Ireland has the backing of both the EU and the US - Jamie and his gang will not have the support of Britain.

A Re-United Ireland is inevitable - and there is absolutely nothing you or anyone else can do to prevent it.

It's all good.
Oh dear starting to flap already?

Jamie is the least of your worries

NMunsterman

1. Oh dear starting to flap already?

2. Jamie is the least of your worries

1. Naw - just marking your card for you.

2. You mean 6m Nationalists should worry about the likes of "Hord Mon" DT 123 and his "Hord Mon" buddy "Sgt. Bilko" ?

You're all wind.

A Re-United Ireland is inevitable - and there is absolutely nothing - nothing - you, Jamie or Bilko can do to prevent it.

It's all good.

Newrybhoy

1. Naw - just marking your card for you.

2. You mean 6m Nationalists should worry about the likes of "Hord Mon" DT 123 and his "Hord Mon" buddy "Sgt. Bilko" ?

You're all wind.

A Re-United Ireland is inevitable - and there is absolutely nothing - nothing - you, Jamie or Bilko can do to prevent it.

It's all good.
You are completely ignorant of NI and it's people,clueless in the extreme. You spout Irish republicanism from a barstool in Ballygobackwards.

I'm not threatening anything, I'm just educating those with no clue about the unionists of NI, what they can expect.

NMunsterman

You are completely ignorant of NI and it's people,clueless in the extreme. You spout Irish republicanism from a barstool in Ballygobackwards.

I'm not threatening anything, I'm just educating those with no clue about the unionists of NI, what they can expect.

Like I said, you're just all wind.

AhNowStop

Like I said, you're just all wind.
The moron still thinks its 1950 ffs

Just reading his posts and idiotic insults confirms this .. freaks like newrybholl1cks & wee tiny toes seamy bwyson will always be nothing more than hot air and bluster .. they dont and wont count

ffs bwyson couldnt even get a fweg back up the fweg pole .. its wedicuwous :oops:

NMunsterman

The moron still thinks its 1950 ffs

Just reading his posts and idiotic insults confirms this .. freaks like newrybholl1cks & wee tiny toes seamy bwyson will always be nothing more than hot air and bluster .. they dont and wont count

ffs bwyson couldnt even get a fweg back up the fweg pole .. its wedicuwous :oops:

DT 123 thinks it's 1914 more like when the British establishment was actively aiding, abetting and supprting Unionist terrorism.

2019 and the British establishment hangs the the largest Unionist party out to dry in public.

Game's up.

Paddyc

Who's going to do this slapping down?
The forces of law and order with the support of all right thinking people including those members of the PSNI who wish to stay in gainful employment. All we have to do is have a peek at Special Branch informer payment sheets and we'll know who to deal with.

Special Branch on the other hand will have a long period of gardening leave while we get on with the business at hand.

Do you really think that (for example) the people working in Wrightbus / Bamford Bus Co are going to go rioting after work to create a 'lesser ulster' that nobody will recognise or trade with?

Last edited:

New Threads

Most Replies