unionist culture :

McSlaggart

I honestly do not get it?

I would go to parades and see the bands as preforming a good function in society. Teaching people music and showing them how to function as part of a team has merit. The need for this to be carried out though the filter of sectarianism is destructive of the people taking part and the long term viability of their wish to march in public places.

https://www.commonspace.scot/articles/11289/police-scotland-investigating-racist-famine-song-singing-glasgow-orange-parade

I understand the appeal of a fire, but why does unionism not get the scouts to teach how to have them such that its safe and does not cost the environment or local tax payers?

Council staff to give evidence anonymously in bonfire pallet storage probe - Belfast Live

theloner

That 12 minute scene in Trainspotting II sums it up. A truly unique odd bunch of weirdos.

vivabrigada

McSlaggart

That 12 minute scene in Trainspotting II sums it up. A truly unique odd bunch of weirdos.
[video=youtube;b01vWHau4ZY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b01vWHau4ZY[/video]

I never did see the movie.

theloner

[video=youtube;b01vWHau4ZY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b01vWHau4ZY[/video]

I never did see the movie.
'So could you recommend any films that would give me a better idea of what loyalism/unionism is all about?'

'Sure, Trainspotting just about nails it'.

:lol:

McSlaggart

It's about supremacy plain and simple.
It may be in the northeast but it Tyrone its verging on tragic. In Omagh for one of the recent 12 parades the flags went along the "unionist" part of town and then ended at supervalue for the rest of the main street. It was strange and one had to wonder at the mindset/fear of people putting up the flags. In Fintona for one 12 they apparently put the flags up in the middle of the night???? In either case I dont think the people of either town particularly cared about their flags as long as they took them down in a reasonable time frame.

McSlaggart

vivabrigada

Talk Back

I honestly do not get it?

I would go to parades and see the bands as preforming a good function in society. Teaching people music and showing them how to function as part of a team has merit. The need for this to be carried out though the filter of sectarianism is destructive of the people taking part and the long term viability of their wish to march in public places.

I understand the appeal of a fire, but why does unionism not get the scouts to teach how to have them such that its safe and does not cost the environment or local tax payers?
You'd find more culture on a Petri dish.

theloner

The wreath thief strikes again. He is a busy young man.

vivabrigada

A DUP leader accuses SF of seeking cultural supremacy!

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-féin-seeking-to-assert-cultural-supremacy-in-north-foster-claims-1.3141713

You really couldn't make this sh!t up.

theloner

'The oddest group of people you could imagine'

:lol: It's funny because it's true.

vinoboy

Must be getting near the 12th - the annual P.ie Prod hate fest has started -or just a continuation with a slight variation .
Makes me want to support the ILA and watch River Dance or some bad Irish c and w music .( surely there are no Oirish hill billies in Oireland) .:D

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies