unionist culture :

GDPR

Must be getting near the 12th - the annual P.ie Prod hate fest has started -or just a continuation with a slight variation .
Makes me want to support the ILA and watch River Dance or some bad Irish c and w music .( surely there are no Oirish hill billies in Oireland) .:D
Country and Western actually has Irish along with Scottish roots.

vivabrigada

Must be getting near the 12th - the annual P.ie Prod hate fest has started -or just a continuation with a slight variation .
Makes me want to support the ILA and watch River Dance or some bad Irish c and w music .( surely there are no Oirish hill billies in Oireland) .:D
It's unionists who get their anti Catholic blood up come July. Ffs the DUP can't do a political deal in July because they know an ILA would ruin the twalf for bigots like you.

vivabrigada

Ardillaun

They seem doomed to chase their diminishing membership downmarket to oblivion.

Mickeymac

Loving fenians in July will get you kicked out of the lodge.

Some years back, in Co.Doire, I believe, a Protestant Minister brought his congregation on Christmas Day across the road to the Catholic Church to wish everyone a Happy Christmas.....a week or so later he was despatched to some far off Ministry in Scotland....nuff said.

all the best

'So could you recommend any films that would give me a better idea of what loyalism/unionism is all about?'

'Sure, Trainspotting just about nails it'.

:lol:
Very very funny scene from quite a good film,though it was those of irish Catholic descent who were the thieves,drug addicts and violent psychopaths.

between the bridges

Lmfao, ladies just ye stick to Riverdancing, ball slapping and sticking shillelaghs up yer aras...

Se0samh

Se0samh

all the best

Trainspotting is a very decent film which I chuckled at all the way through and laughed my arse off at the scene in the loyalist club and nearly died laughing when they put 1690 as the passcode into the atm and mostly it worked,it was a cleverly written scene,but you have to wonder how far from Scotland and Ireland the humour would travel,also it is a scene which shows the importance of suspending disbelief to fully enjoy a film for what it is ,it was only a couple of days later when I was having a quiet chuckle to myself about the scene that it struck me that the patrons of the club were solid citizens with jobs,bank accounts and money in the bank,the hero's of the film were scumbags.

Se0samh

Trainspotting is a very decent film which I chuckled at all the way through and laughed my arse off at the scene in the loyalist club and nearly died laughing when they put 1690 as the passcode into the atm and mostly it worked,it was a cleverly written scene,but you have to wonder how far from Scotland and Ireland the humour would travel,also it is a scene which shows the importance of suspending disbelief to fully enjoy a film for what it is ,it was only a couple of days later when I was having a quiet chuckle to myself about the scene that it struck me that the patrons of the club were solid citizens with jobs,bank accounts and money in the bank,the hero's of the film were scumbags.

Oh that's what they were................and here was me thinking they were sectarian wannabe thugs.......:cool:

all the best

Oh that's what they were................and here was me thinking they were sectarian wannabe thugs.......:cool:
They were actually actors playing a part,please remember not to suspend disbelief for longer than the film lasts or you will think every film you see is a documentary and people will think you are mental.:D

belfast1981

I'll reply in more detail when I have the chance (travelling the next few weeks :D) but I have to point out. It is more Loyalist culture than Unionist. The OO numbers are shrinking and less and less seem to care on the Unionist side.

Maybe its just me, I sometimes feel pigeonholed when someone says it is Unionist culture and I have to say I'm Unionist and it isn't my culture.

Though it doesn't help that the main parties on the Unionist side all have links to the OO.

New Threads

Most Replies