• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Unionist Forum already running out of steam according to PUP's Hutchinson.

theloner

PUP leader Billy Hutchinson has said he expects to lodge a challenge next week to the decision taken by Belfast City Council to fly the flag on designated days.

Billy also feels the new talking shop called the Unionist Forum has already run out of steam. This is actually quite a dangerous development as the DUP-UUP led project could possibly lose leadership and fall into the wrong hands as some far right groups from Britain have been keen to exploit the situation in relation to the Union Flag.

Billy also believes it's hard to keep track of the protests and where and when they taking place. “Now I am hearing reports of more major protests being planned – it is very hard to keep up with what is happening – but claims that paramilitaries are behind this are wrong.

“From what I can see on Facebook, they are being organised by ordinary people.

“I firmly believe that the decision to take down the flag was wrong, and the focus should be on Sinn Fein''.

Perhaps the focus should be on SF with this is not the case. Obnoxious protests, disruption of ordinary people regardless of class and creed certainly failed to focus the attention on SF, it's clear where the traders' anger and civic society's frustration lies - the protesters draped in Union flags blocking roads and disrupting daily lives. Billy is still being coy about his master-plan and admits even he isn't sure what this challenge will entail, 'there are just a few minor details which need to be checked', he said.

It is also slightly worrying due to the fact a prominent worker said Christmas retarded the attendances on street corners, main roads and city centres, however the pic below kinda laughs in the face of that suggestion. Seems to be more robocops than loyalist protesters.

vivabrigada

This is actually quite a dangerous development as the DUP-UUP led project could possibly lose leadership and fall into the wrong hands as some far right groups from Britain have been keen to exploit the situation in relation to the Union Flag.
It's already happening:
MAJOR flag protests are set to start again across Northern Ireland in the comings days, with plans to set up a People’s Forum to address loyalist fears.
Flag protests resume as People

Unionism is in complete disarray. They are looking to people like Willie Frazer for leadership ffs!
Some of their websites are nothing more than an outlet for vicious sectarian bile against taigs/the unwashed/ fenian b*stards etc. It must surely be incitement to hatred.
The front page of today's Irish News quotes one, "I think it is the politicians fault were in this mess shoot a few taigs and few pipes{bombs} lying about problem shouldn't be too long in getting sorted."
The author say's she went to an integrated school!
Another reads,"Lets show them dirty scum this is our wee country and we will fly our national flag with pride.No surrender."

Robinson said a few weeks ago the Nationalism is in crisis. If that's so (it's not) what would you call the state of Unionism/Loyalism? Nervous breakdown?

between the bridges

Billy's not at the races, both the PUP and DUP seen the flag issue as away of gaining/claiming back alliance voters in Belfast. but it has gone beyond their control simple fact is the flag decision has enraged some, across a range of views. personally i am surprised they are still going on but they certainly seemed to be organised on an ad hoc local basis with some politicians attending rather than organising...

vivabrigada

Billy's not at the races, both the PUP and DUP seen the flag issue as away of gaining/claiming back alliance voters in Belfast. but it has gone beyond their control simple fact is the flag decision has enraged some, across a range of views. personally i am surprised they are still going on but they certainly seemed to be organised on an ad hoc local basis with some politicians attending rather than organising...
The DUP/UUP wound them up with their leaflets and now can't control the monster. They'll dump them at the first opportunity, just like Paisley taught them to.

between the bridges

The DUP/UUP wound them up with their leaflets and now can't control the monster. They'll dump them at the first opportunity, just like Paisley taught them to.
partially correct but it's not just as simple as that there where no leaflets outside of Belfast (i assume?) yet the 'protest' spread, the numbers are tiny and as long as they are peaceful the less attention they get the better, a bit like the disso strip search protests that where held across the country...

vivabrigada

It's twenty to fleg time, you off to annoy motorists in a "better" way?

between the bridges

oh and not necessary a dig at loner (happy new year chara) but how many threads have there been on the tiny number that take part in a flag protest? how many threads were there on the murder of a prison officer? something to consider if anyone has any thoughts about this forum been taken seriously... if it's just a bit of bashing themuns as ye all know thats ney bother i am the man but i was going to try a bit of serious debate for my New Year's resolution!!!

vivabrigada

oh and not necessary a dig at loner (happy new year chara) but how many threads have there been on the tiny number that take part in a flag protest? how many threads were there on the murder of a prison officer? something to consider if anyone has any thoughts about this forum been taken seriously... if it's just a bit of bashing themuns as ye all know thats ney bother i am the man but i was going to try a bit of serious debate for my New Year's resolution!!!
If it is so unimportant, why are the leaders of Unionism making absolute t!ts of themselves to appease them?

between the bridges

It's twenty to fleg time, you off to annoy motorists in a "better" way?
sorry to disappoint you but i haven't and won't be protesting and i have made my views very clear to those who borrowed my 1000 Union flags...

Global Justice

Fuk off back to PULSE then

Merry new year, bridges :)

longmarch

It's already happening:
MAJOR flag protests are set to start again across Northern Ireland in the comings days, with plans to set up a People’s Forum to address loyalist fears.
Flag protests resume as People

Unionism is in complete disarray. They are looking to people like Willie Frazer for leadership ffs!
Some of their websites are nothing more than an outlet for vicious sectarian bile against taigs/the unwashed/ fenian b*stards etc. It must surely be incitement to hatred.
The front page of today's Irish News quotes one, "I think it is the politicians fault were in this mess shoot a few taigs and few pipes{bombs} lying about problem shouldn't be too long in getting sorted."
The author say's she went to an integrated school!
Another reads,"Lets show them dirty scum this is our wee country and we will fly our national flag with pride.No surrender."

Robinson said a few weeks ago the Nationalism is in crisis. If that's so (it's not) what would you call the state of Unionism/Loyalism? Nervous breakdown?
I'm a Loyalist and I'm perfectly fine. I live in a Loyalist area and when I look out my window everything seems to be fine. Ballymena is a pretty Unionist town and everything was fine last time I went shopping. Is it possible your getting all hysterical and dramatic over little?

The quotes you highlight are ridiculous and wrong. I hate to burst your bubble but looking at it in numerical value......some random quotes on Internet, a few dozen here, a hundred or so there.....you do the maths for yourself and workout what most Unionists/Loyalists are doing!

These protests should stop. They are wrong and will achieve nothing. Lets not let reality get in the way of a good old slagging session hey viva!!

Ren84

This is actually quite a dangerous development as the DUP-UUP led project could possibly lose leadership and fall into the wrong hands as some far right groups from Britain have been keen to exploit the situation in relation to the Union Flag.
Did the DUP/UUP ever have a leadership role in all this to begin with? Their "strategy", if you could call it that, has been merely to ride along the wave of discontent within unionism over this rather trivial issue. What we've seen now is the emergence of a new unionist leadership, far more extremist, that has bypassed traditional unionist parties; a rather worrying development TBH.

Mickeymac

I'm a Loyalist and I'm perfectly fine. I live in a Loyalist area and when I look out my window everything seems to be fine. Ballymena is a pretty Unionist town and everything was fine last time I went shopping. Is it possible your getting all hysterical and dramatic over little?

The quotes you highlight are ridiculous and wrong. I hate to burst your bubble but looking at it in numerical value......some random quotes on Internet, a few dozen here, a hundred or so there.....you do the maths for yourself and workout what most Unionists/Loyalists are doing!

These protests should stop. They are wrong and will achieve nothing. Lets not let reality get in the way of a good old slagging session hey viva!!

You seem to be treating these protests as irrelevant and should stop, but, I noticed you failed to condemn the attempted murder, intimidation of elected reps, arson, illegal ro******************************************s/marches etc etc attached to them.

belfast1981

You seem to be treating these protests as irrelevant and should stop, but, I noticed you failed to condemn the attempted murder, intimidation of elected reps, arson, illegal ro******************************************s/marches etc etc attached to them.
Yes, because republicans are not doing anything like that for you to condemn are they?

longmarch

The only thing irrelevant is you Mickey. Jog on you joke.

vivabrigada

longmarch, Unoinists politicians are like rabbits caught in headlamps. They are supposed to be the leaders and have abdicated their responsibility, leaving people like Winkie Ervine and Billy Hutchinson as spokesmen. They are waiting to see which way the wind blows over the flegs.
Some leadership, eh?

vivabrigada

oops, double post???

Mickeymac

Yes, because republicans are not doing anything like that for you to condemn are they?

If they did, it would be more effective (from their point of view).............ie, destroying what's left of a weak economy, stretching law enforcement to the limit, taking leadership of their elected leaders..........need I go on?