Unionist Fury - they hate Catholics more than they hate corruption

GDPR

It true of a lot of Unionist households- also if you want this to stay out of the zoo you need to give some comment on the link.

If I had been brought up in England the fact is that I would have converted to Catholicism in my teens and not in my twenties. It is horrible to think about but if I had never met my better half and his family I might have remained a Prod for all my life.

between the bridges

Mr Honeyford later deleted the tweet, posting: "I apologise without any reservation for any offence caused by my previous tweet relating to unionists. It was a serious error in judgement and does not reflect either my views or the views of the party. Alliance is comprised of people from all political backgrounds and serves everyone in the community without fear or favour."

An Alliance spokesman said Mr Honeyford has now resigned from the party Executive.

"Alliance is comprised of people from all political backgrounds and is committed to building a society where everyone, regardless of their views and aspirations, feels valued and respected," the spokesman said.

"Regardless of what he intended, David's tweet was inappropriate and offensive. It was made in a personal capacity and does not reflect either his own views or the views of Alliance, nor the tone of debate we seek to promote.

hollandia

Mr Honeyford later deleted the tweet, posting: "I apologise without any reservation for any offence caused by my previous tweet relating to unionists. It was a serious error in judgement and does not reflect either my views or the views of the party. Alliance is comprised of people from all political backgrounds and serves everyone in the community without fear or favour."

An Alliance spokesman said Mr Honeyford has now resigned from the party Executive.

"Alliance is comprised of people from all political backgrounds and is committed to building a society where everyone, regardless of their views and aspirations, feels valued and respected," the spokesman said.

"Regardless of what he intended, David's tweet was inappropriate and offensive. It was made in a personal capacity and does not reflect either his own views or the views of Alliance, nor the tone of debate we seek to promote.
that makes no sense. If he tweeted in a personal capacity, who's views was he representing?

Marcella

I think unionism being called out for what it is should be applauded. Much like Mary McAleese, Honeyford has now been shouted down in fury. His initial honesty cut too close to the bone for some.

former wesleyan

that makes no sense. If he tweeted in a personal capacity, who's views was he representing?
It's the oldest trick in the book. Make an outrageous statement and then apologise for it. By the time the apology is made the base is energised.

between the bridges

Meanwhile CNR completely trust and love their PUL nieghbours, something we see expressed on an hourly basis on here...

GDPR

I never hated the CNR community- I did though fear them and see them ipso facto as an existential threat.

GDPR

It's the oldest trick in the book. Make an outrageous statement and then apologise for it. By the time the apology is made the base is energised.
Most of the people who vote for the Alliance as Prods and Unionists. If it had been a Shinner or a Stoop who had made the statement you might be on to something.

Therightroad

Israel - Northern Ireland Unionists- Klu Klux Klan

Which is the most hate filled group?

take your pick??

NMunsterman

Its true of a subset of unionists, but he shouldn't have generalised to the whole lot of them.
Seems to be a disproportionately high number of a particular subset of Unionists on this Forum - you know, the subset who constantly claim they want a North of equals but who simultaneously vent their disrespect of all that Nationalists hold dear - the GAA, Irish culture, the Irish language - among other aspects, on a regular basis.

former wesleyan

between the bridges

Seems to be a disproportionately high number of a particular subset of Unionists on this Forum - you know, the subset who constantly claim they want a North of equals but who simultaneously vent their disrespect of all that Nationalists hold dear - the GAA, Irish culture, the Irish language - among other aspects, on a regular basis.
Happy early valentines day sweetie...

Strawberry

This forum is disproportionately populated by weirdos of all types. Just look at the Blueshirt element on here, they're way worse than the PULs.

GDPR

Fenians - by a country mile.
Unlike Eagle who hides her Unionist background I have always been open about my Loyalist one and I outside of Southern Irish Libtards such as Callas and Freemasonic Quakers such as O'Sullivan Bere I have never encountered flack over that reality on this forum. Ask theloner and Truth.ie the Anti-GFA Republicans on this forum as to whether they hate me.

New Threads

Most Replies