• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Unionist Posters

Swords Hoopster

Since I've been reading this Forum I've noticed a very strange anomaly which I'd like to get to the bottom of. How is that whilst nationalist posters are quite content to disagree with one another and "call out" someone that has said something fanatical or out of order, Unionist posters never do likewise amongst their own? In all the time I've been posting on this Blog, not once can I recall an instance where a Unionist poster, many of whom would claim to be moderate and reasonable people, has condemned a bigoted or sectarian rant from the likes of Covenanter, Bilko etc.

Right now, as we speak, there are arguments between moderate and more radical "CNR's" on another thread. I myself have had it out with a number of radical republicans in the last few days and its a pattern that's repeated regularly on this Site. Why then do Unionists not seem to disagree with any of their fanatical nut cases? Is is because in reality they really agree with these people? Are all Unionists really just haters and supremacists beneath the surface? I personally don't believe that they are but there has to be a reason why they keep rolling in behind one another regardless of the extremist content of some of the material from certain "PUL" posters who contribute to this forum.

It really doesn't show that community in a good light when it appears that they refuse to speak out for what is right when one of their own is expressing downright sinister, dogmatic attitudes.

Tommythesash

Unionists have always made it easy for nationalists to occupy the moral high ground.

Swords Hoopster

Lol.You have way too much time on your hands.
Seriously Legolas, when was the last time you personally checked a fellow Unionist poster for saying something untoward?

Surely what the Republicans keep telling us - "all Unionists are bigots" etc - isn't really true?

Legolas

Seriously Legolas, when was the last time you personally checked a fellow Unionist poster for saying something untoward?

Surely what the Republicans keep telling us - "all Unionists are bigots" etc - isn't really true?
You're a Republican are you not? keep telling yourself that if you want.

I haven't seen any sectarianism so far from Unionists.... Link me too it please, I've seen half hearted condemnation from you towards the inflammatory posts by GJ..... You're the only 'Nationalist' who's complained about any such statements. I haven't seen such inflammatory comments from Unionists on here.

Mickeymac

I haven't seen any sectarianism so far from Unionists.... Link me too it please, I've seen half hearted condemnation from you towards the inflammatory posts by GJ..... You're the only 'Nationalist' who's complained about any such statements. I haven't seen such inflammatory comments from Unionists on here.

Oh Boy:shock:

J

Johnny Boy

No of course not......but then it would be practically impossible for an admirer of a convicted loyalist murderer such as yourself, to understand what the word sectarian even means......
"Billy is a good man!" lol..........................

http://www.politics.ie/forum/northern-ireland/198093-pups-annual-party-conference-ongoing-uvf-lvf-feud.html#post5898909

Last edited:

drummed

Ah lads, next to nobody cares about ye lot and ye're endless petty bickering. Someone start a sensible thread please.........:shock2:

Tir Eoghain

Ah lads, next to nobody cares about ye lot and ye're endless petty bickering. Someone start a sensible thread please.........:shock2:
go and play with the traffic ................... THEY TOOK OUR FLEG ,

Tommythesash

I haven't seen any sectarianism so far from Unionists.... I haven't seen such inflammatory comments from Unionists on here.
My God, we all know unionists are not known for their sense of humour but that one's a classic! Next they'll be telling us that the Nazis weren't really anti Semetic!!!!!

drummed

Can't all you lads not feck off and start a site for yourselves? Your really getting on my wick with this stupidity.

Drogheda445

I've already highlighted this on several other threads, and in fairness, many on the "green" side are often reluctant to condemn who they perceive as fellow republicans. In a debate, or indeed any argument, those on the opposing side will always be seen critically from those on your side and anything out of order only strengthens or adds to that criticism. Those on your own side, however, will often be perceived as natural friends no matter how far over the line they go, and criticism of someone on one's own side might be perceived as a weakness. Although I do think this is very much a part of human nature, we are perfectly capable of being impartial and calling posters out when they go too far, which I think is often forgotten in Northern Ireland due to the sectarian attitude of certain people.

J

Johnny Boy

Ah lads, next to nobody cares about ye lot and ye're endless petty bickering.
I suspect that in terms of the petty bickering that goes on between FF and FG supporters the feeling from northerners is much the same. Now clear off and resume playing with your willy....................:shock:

Mickeymac

My God, we all know unionists are not known for their sense of humour but that one's a classic! Next they'll be telling us that the Nazis weren't really anti Semetic!!!!!

Leg less is renowned for such ridiculous statements and not known for a sense of humour:D

Tir Eoghain

I suspect that in terms of the petty bickering that goes on between FF and FG supporters the feeling from northerners is much the same. Now clear off and resume playing with your willy....................:shock:
I think west brits are worse, they try and patronise some Nordies.

I wonder did they Commemorate Dominic McGlinchey whose Anniversary occured this weekend ..............I doubt it.

drummed

Ya, them lads are fairly dense as well i agree. Still ye take the biscuit when it comes to sheer tedious repeititive and downright brainless threads and posts. The collective intelligence is not too impressive. Does anyone in Nordie land have anything worthwhile to say? About anything?

Drogheda445

Now really Legolas, in all fairness, there has undeniably been plenty of sectarianism from both sides on this forum before.

Republic32

Swords,
We call it "sneaking regard". They won't come out publically and praise Loyalist murder and British collusion,but their delight in it is never far from the surface.

Sammy Wilson on the UDA killing of Eddie Fullerton in Donegal in 1991"

"Would this council be prepared to congratulate all those who have done a good job on two sides of the border?

Rhonda Paisley who was a DUP Councillor at the time after a UVF bombing spree in Dublin in 1991 said that the bomb attacks the previous day by the Ulster Freedom Fighters (UFF) were "perfectly understandable" given the "betrayal" of Northern Ireland by the British government.

As i said before,I have no problem with loyalists who only supported paramilitaries or supported collusion because at least you know where you stand with them even if you completely disagree with them . Now i would like to make it clear that there are a great many unionists who abhor violence of all types and i would never try and label an entire community as supporting murder,but there are scum elements within Unionism whose sneaking regard for bloody murder which i detest. There are a number of posters whom fall into that category in this section, two notable ones with whom you have "problems" with.
You can just see the bigotry oozing out of them in every post.

Last edited: