• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Unionists Call For Inquiry Into State Collusion

between the bridges

“I had hoped that we could turn to the future, but those in Sinn Fein who want to rewrite history are intent in stirring things up and sadly are being allowed to do so,” Lord Empey told the News Letter.

“It really is quite intolerable that we continue to face this one-sided demand for inquiries when there is obvious culpability in Dublin for action they took and actions taken by what was a ‘government within a government’ in the late 1960s and early 70s.”
DUP MP Nigel Dodds said: “It is high time the Government started to press the Irish government about an inquiry into the role of Dublin in the creation and funding of the Provos and the deaths that resulted from the Republic’s refusal to allow proper extradition of terrorists to Northern Ireland for decades.”
Reg Empey hits out at Finucane inquiry calls - Latest - Belfast Newsletter

I am sure this proposal will meet with cross community support, (especially on p.ie) after all the state must be above suspicion and uphold the lawful and moral rules of a civilized society...

Just Jack

I am sure this proposal will meet with cross community support, (especially on p.ie) after all the state must be above suspicion and uphold the lawful and moral rules of a civilized society...

I doubt it.

Unionists have made it clear they do not want any inquiries.

Well… apart from those which suit them.

vivabrigada

between the bridges

Are you having a laugh?
The best Trimble came up with was that Northern Ireland was a cold house for Catholics.
moi? i will have you know i am extremely serious and i go to great lengths to view all discussion on here at the same high intellectualism plateau as i do your insightful comments...

vivabrigada

moi? i will have you know i am extremely serious and i go to great lengths to view all discussion on here at the same high intellectualism plateau as i do your insightful comments...
The British army sat and watched as a friend of mine was murdered because he was a Catholic, they then decided to kill the gunman. The gunman's mother died when she heard that her son was dead. If that's not British state terrorism I don't know what is.

between the bridges

The British army sat and watched as a friend of mine was murdered because he was a Catholic, they then decided to kill the gunman. The gunman's mother died when she heard that her son was dead. If that's not British state terrorism I don't know what is.
Given that one can assume that you support calls for inquiries into British state collusion? do you also support calls for inquiries into Irish state collusion?

vivabrigada

Given that one can assume that you support calls for inquiries into British state collusion? do you also support calls for inquiries into Irish state collusion?
Aye, but do you accept that the British state murdered people they claimed as their own citizens? If you do the IRA campaign was fully justified in trying to get British state violence out of Ireland.

between the bridges

Aye, but do you accept that the British state murdered people they claimed as their own citizens? If you do the IRA campaign was fully justified in trying to get British state violence out of Ireland.
i believe all murders were wrong regardless of the 'justification', do you?

Global Justice

Wow, wow wow, trollsy. The thing is SF call for an independent truth commission, and would support ALL inquiries/controversies into the conflict. Unionists only want inquires into the miniscule-mythical free state collision, which is a deflection from the horrors and brutal state terrorism and imperialism which their state committed in Ireland and around the globe.

between the bridges

Wow, wow wow, trollsy. The thing is SF call for an independent truth commission, and would support ALL inquiries/controversies into the conflict. Unionists only want inquires into the miniscule-mythical free state collision, which is a deflection into the horrors and brutal state terrorism and imperialism of their state in Ireland and beyond
will geraldo the magician* who was never in what never went away or martyr the fly fisher of the year 74-81, be at this 'truth' commission...

*magician definition... someone who makes things disappear...

Global Justice

will geraldo the magician* who was never in what never went away or martyr the fly fisher of the year 74-81, be at this 'truth' commission...

*magician definition... someone who makes things disappear...
It'll be of to the Hague with your lot

vivabrigada

i believe all murders were wrong regardless of the 'justification', do you?
I'm opposed to violence from any source. Do you oppose the murders celebrated every year by the Orange Order?

between the bridges

I'm opposed to violence from any source. Do you oppose the murders celebrated every year by the Orange Order?
is that a have you stopped beating your wife question or would you care to be more specific? we can debate or you can try and score points and i will revert to taking the p*ss, up to you i am happy in either medium...

Global Justice

is that a have you stopped beating your wife question or would you care to be more specific? we can debate or you can try and score points and i will revert to taking the p*ss, up to you i am happy in either medium...
Do you oppose imperialism? colonisation? starving your citizens?

vivabrigada

No, it's not. Do you support the killings celebrated every year by the Orange Order?
Yes or no would do.

between the bridges

No, it's not. Do you support the killings celebrated every year by the Orange Order?
Yes or no would do.
back to the panto style debating i see...look out he's behind you...

vivabrigada

Global Justice

Any chance you could move into the 21st Century with your debates?
:lol:

Says an Orange order enthusiast and fetishist of draconian and medieval unionism.

Irish republicanism was/is a justified reaction to British imperialism in Ireland. You just can't detach that fact at will.

between the bridges

Is that a yes or a no? The Orange Order celebrate killings every year.
I laid out the options, you made your choice and i replied accordingly, ask an adult to help you work it out...