Unionists object to planned NIE takeover

Amach na Casca

Just when you think unionism couldn't get any more ridiculous..........

Cruithnig

Arlene Foster, DUP Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Investment thinks it would be a good idea. It would bring more foreign investment to Northern Ireland.

The only fear of ordinary Unionists is that jobs and investment will go south of the border. Does that make them bigots to some people for having completely rationial thoughts considering the times we are in?

One more foreign nation owning our electricity wouldn't make a difference as France, Spain, Germany and Finland all own power companies in England. We could do with a bit more competition.

devnull

Aside from the political implications and the general principle that there should be economies of scale,
does anybody have any idea whether or not the proposed purchase price would make commercial sense?

johndodger

The only fear of ordinary Unionists is that jobs and investment will go south of the border. Does that make them bigots to some people for having completely rationial thoughts considering the times we are in?
No, as long as it was not just becasue those jobs and investment were going to Ireland, instead of say France or Germany.

Scipio

Look at BC squirm. He knows he can't blame 'nationalists' for this. So he's at a loss, usually he'd tried and turn this around but he knows he can't make excuses for what is old fashioned unionist bigotry, could you imagine people down her getting bothered if a british company bought the ESB.
The reaction of just about everyone outside a certain section of Northern Irish Unionism to this is something along the lines of:

WTF is wrong with these people. :confused:

fluffykontbiscuits

Arlene Foster, DUP Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Investment thinks it would be a good idea. It would bring more foreign investment to Northern Ireland.

One more foreign nation owning our electricity wouldn't make a difference as France, Spain, Germany and Finland all own power companies in England. We could do with a bit more competition.
Legitimate fear, no one wants to lose their jobs

dazzler

Yeah right. This is typical unionist bigotry. They cannot hide their hatred of anything Irish

fluffykontbiscuits

Yeah right. This is typical unionist bigotry. They cannot hide their hatred of anything Irish
Did you scream blue murder when BT bough ESAT all them years ago? I can see yer a shinners supporter think hatred is a two way street then in that case...

Cruithnig

When I said south of the border, I didn't just mean there was a problem because jobs where being lost to the South, I meant because NI jobs where being lost full stop no matter where they where going to. It just so happens in this case that they are going south.

Cruithnig

ESB going north, wont take them long with the new seamless road going between the two Irish counties of Louth and Armagh.

Pay your bills to Dublin, starting with this one.

Tick tock, Tick tock.
Won't be long before we all have to pay our bills to Brussells, making all of these arguments obselete.

Portstewart

ESB going north, wont take them long with the new seamless road going between the two Irish counties of Louth and Armagh.

Pay your bills to Dublin, starting with this one.

Tick tock, Tick tock.
F@ckin right man.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y59pBx7pXns]YouTube - Tick Tock - Ke Lyrics[/ame]

Cruithnig

Why wouldn't we make our island's infrastructure sounder? We should take advantage of it's small size in any way we can. Would you prefer all roads ended at the border?

SevenStars

I see. By orangies I assume you mean Protestants? You have such a way with words :rolleyes:.
He is probably a Loyalist troll trying to discredit the Irish national liberation struggle by making out its some sectarian scrap.

Portstewart

I dont listen to "Black Music", my favorite song is the SAM song by The Irish Brigade, its about SAM missiles taking down Brit helicopters.

You people have no culture so you have to resort to posting the incoherent ramblings of a black gang rapper "snoopy doggie" or "Mother F-er bad ass boy" from bronx to make your point.

DIRECT DEBIT OR AN POST POSTAL ORDER WILL DO, BE SURE TO PAY ON TIME OR WE WILL CUT YOU OFF, GOOD BOY.

TICKITIE TOCK, TICKITIE TOCK.
LMFAO Did a black man steal your sense of humour?

Shag your wife?

Is the black man and his music a bigger threat than the insidious Protestant threat? petunia

PS Kesha is white :eek:petunia

jackryan

In one way I don't blame them (don't agree with them though) Lets just say Aer Lingus was to be taken over by British Airways?? (Oh Yea and BA wasn't privatised but still in british government hands)

Cruithnig

Better than your leftie, prod loving nonsense (no surprise given you admitted you are from a family of them).

They'll be outbred, panic and leave.

Tick Tock.
You hate lefties too? You should take a leaf out of David Cameron's book and "Hug a Hun" petunia

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies