Unionists praise SDLP councillors for removing AK47 IRA sign

McSlaggart

Firstly
Is it legal to take down signs that you did not put up?

Secondly
Should unionist politicians take down flags/signs put in places that nationalists do not want.

Lastly
Is it legal to put up signs on public property?

Mickeymac

Firstly

Secondly
Should unionist politicians take down flags/signs put in places that nationalists do not want.

Lastly

Crazy stuff....but....no one said flegs would not be an issue on the road to Irish unification.:lol:

death or glory

McSlaggart

Is there a prize for starting the most pointless threads?

When quite towns like Omagh want Unionists to take down their flags of the A5 to stop the loss of trade to the town you know the world has gone mad. This sort of flag madness has a chill factor for passing trade to the towns that suffer from it.

(note: for some reason Unionists do not put up similar flags in Strabane?)

Calls for removal of lingering Loyalist flags in Omagh - Ulster Herald

‘Loyalist flags creating chill factor in Omagh’ - MLA - Ulster Herald

theloner

'Excuse me D and co. I am not a fan of your art, may I take them down?'

Good luck and I suggest going with a halfer in your back pocket.

vivabrigada

To our laptop loyal.
Do any of you believe sricking 1912 on a UVF fleg distances it from the current UVF gunmen and drug dealers?

hollandia

Firstly

Secondly

Lastly
1 - No idea - but it should be if the sign is illegally placed, for a variety of reasons including public decency, causing offence and interference with traffic sightlines.

2 - Yes, if causing offense

3 - no it is not legal.

McSlaggart

3 - no it is not legal.
If its not legal why does the PSNI not take action on those people who are breaking the law? If they are not going to take action on people putting the flags up then they should not take action if someone else takes them down,

Tir Eoghain

If its not legal why does the PSNI not take action on those people who are breaking the law? If they are not going to take action on people putting the flags up then they should not take action if someone else takes them down,
'PSNI' are part of the problem, always were
Old habits die hard with them , they used to tear down Republican election posters and Tricolours without a second thought from atop of their landrovers.

Tir Eoghain

The Stoops had no right taking down anyone's emblems without permission.

Who do they thimk they are, Daniel McCeossan?

It's frightful what non entities will do for publicity.

Last edited:

McSlaggart

'PSNI' are part of the problem, always were Old habits die hard with them.
They urgently need to sort out their approach on this issue as it doing them tremendous damage. When shops cannot get flags taken down one is left to ponder the effectiveness of the rule of law.

death or glory

They urgently need to sort out their approach on this issue as it doing them tremendous damage. When shops cannot get flags taken down one is left to ponder the effectiveness of the rule of law.
Funny McFLy,
I was through Omagh today and the only flags I seen from the main road were Republican ones in three different areas.
There was even an IRSP flag on the entrance to Gortrush Industrial estate, WTF.
Tricklers and the usual RA stuff opposite the entrance to ASDA. I'm sure ASDA as a major British shop don't want all them offensive flags and posters opposite their store.
Even more tricklers on view up by the entrance to Pat Kirks
I'm sure these are the flags you are concerned with or have you been diagnosed with selective flag blindness.

McSlaggart

Funny McFLy,
I was through Omagh today and the only flags I seen from the main road were Republican ones in three different areas.
There was even an IRSP flag on the entrance to Gortrush Industrial estate, WTF.
Omagh has a large growing population of dissident republicans and that is why one can find an IRSP flag. Do you agree that all flags on public property should have no rights to stay up. I think the PSNI should allow anyone to take such flags down without any need to prove that you put them up in the first place. Do you agree?

Popular Threads

Most Replies