Unionist's Racist Slur, Another Mocks Councillor's Disability in BCH

theloner

John Taylor, a former Ulster Unionist politician, described Taoiseach Leo Varadkar as “the Indian”. Varadkar is Ireland's youngest Taoiseach and was born and bred in Dublin. Alliance Party deputy leader Stephen Farry described the tweet as racist as well as political reps from across Ireland.

He tweeted: “Simon Coveney is stirring things up. Very dangerous non statesman like role! Clearly hoping to undermine the Indian.”

1. The first lie Taylor came up for his Tweet was that he couldn't spell Leo Varadkar, despite spelling it perfectly a few Tweets previous.

'(Leo Varadkar) has an Indian name which I am still trying to spell!'

2. The second lie was that 'the Indian' was shorthand for 'Leo', 'Varadkar', 'Taoiseach', 'Irish PM', 'PM' due to Twitter's character limit.. Except, 'the Indian' took up more characters than ALL the alternatives. His 116 character Tweet did not even come close to approaching Twitter's 280 character cap.

"In Twitter one is restricted to a limited number of words and so for shorthand I used the term Indian for the new PM in Dublin," he wrote.

Someone then removed his big shovel/barge pole from his grasp and deleted the racist Tweet.

UUP councillor teases SF councillor about his disability in Belfast City Hall

Belfast City councillor David Browne called a disabled Sinn Fein representative a "one-armed bandit" last night. During a committee meeting at City Hall on Friday, the UUP man made a comment about councillor Ciaran Beattie. The UUP man has been slammed for mocking disabilities in a workplace and the comments have been reported to the Local Government Ombudsman.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/belfast-councillor-in-apology-after-onearmed-bandit-row-at-meeting-36350351.html
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-northern-ireland-42103510

Last edited:

vivabrigada

I see he apologised...........
For "lowering himself to Sinn Fein's level".
Unbelievable.

Levellers

Unionists can't help themselves. Their whole world outlook is based on hatred for something.

between the bridges

Absolutely disgusting and indefensible, no wan should ever lower themselves to scum flakes level...

tokkie

I don't really see why anyone should be surprised. They are not a people famed for enlightenment, progression or inclusion.

If anything watching these lads squirm is a good laugh.

The Herren

John Taylor, a former Ulster Unionist politician, described Taoiseach Leo Varadkar as “the Indian”. Varadkar is Ireland's youngest Taoiseach and was born and bred in Dublin. Alliance Party deputy leader Stephen Farry described the tweet as racist as well as political reps from across Ireland.

He tweeted: “Simon Coveney is stirring things up. Very dangerous non statesman like role! Clearly hoping to undermine the Indian.”

1. The first lie Taylor came up for his Tweet was that he couldn't spell Leo Varadkar, despite spelling it perfectly a few Tweets previous.

2. The second lie was that 'the Indian' was shorthand for 'Leo', 'Varadkar', 'Taoiseach', 'Irish PM', 'PM' due to Twitter's character limit.. Except, 'the Indian' took up more characters than ALL the alternatives. His 116 character Tweet did not even come close to approaching Twitter's 280 character cap.

"In Twitter one is restricted to a limited number of words and so for shorthand I used the term Indian for the new PM in Dublin," he wrote.

Someone then removed his big shovel/barge pole from his grasp and deleted the racist Tweet.

Belfast City councillor David Browne called a disabled Sinn Fein representative a "one-armed bandit" last night. During a committee meeting at City Hall on Friday, the UUP man made a comment about councillor Ciaran Beattie. The UUP man has been slammed for mocking disabilities in a workplace and the comments have been reported to the Local Government Ombudsman.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/belfast-councillor-in-apology-after-onearmed-bandit-row-at-meeting-36350351.html
Well we have all agreed that Dail Eireann is packed with cowboys so having an Indian in the top job is a welcome change.

The Herren

Unionists can't help themselves. Their whole world outlook is based on hatred for something.

they don't have to look far though when you think about it for a split second.

vivabrigada

they don't have to look far though when you think about it for a split second.
So mocking the disabled is OK then?

Look what they made him do, eh?

Franzoni

Can't spell an Indian name eh....?

Afternoon tea and crumpet and the days of the Raj are truly over so.....

Someone should give Taylor an old VCR they have in the attic so he can look at his box set of the Jewel in the Crown....

Round tower

I am not on twitter, but his first one which he claimed was affected by the amount of words he could used had 19 words, in his second tweet he had 41 words

DexterGreen22

Second or third generation white Europeans in India would be considered European and not Indian.

If Eamon de Valera moved to India with Sinéad in the 20's and there children were born in Delhi I'm sure the Indians would consider those children just as Indian as Gandhi.......

New Threads

Most Replies