• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Unionists seethe with rage at Martin McGuinness' headstone

Ó Ghabhainn

Says the guy supporting a serial killing ,paedo protector,child killer , director of terrorism .:roll:
Was that "terrorism" (I don't deny the damage it caused outside of professed intentions) or was that "terrorism" not a result of aforementioned carnage?- i.e. employment inequality, voting inequality, housing inequality, etc.

There is a point here that can be reached: that the IRA caused a lot of damage, death, misery and heartache. But also that their emergence could have been avoided in a fair society.

vivabrigada

Was that "terrorism" (I don't deny the damage it caused outside of professed intentions) or was that "terrorism" not a result of aforementioned carnage?- i.e. employment inequality, voting inequality, housing inequality, etc.

There is a point here that can be reached: that the IRA caused a lot of damage, death, misery and heartache. But also that their emergence could have been avoided in a fair society.
A fair society wasn't available.

vivabrigada

Says the guy supporting a serial killing ,paedo protector,child killer , director of terrorism .:roll:
I have never supported Maggie Thatcher in my life.

vivabrigada

Nelson McRedsky is on Nolan.
When asked about Willie McCrea meeting and supporting Billy Wright. He said he didn't know the details.
He's a lying bastard.

michael-mcivor

Unionists are cross again at Vol Martin McGuinness freedom of SAN Francisco award from the Mayor for his military achievements to the Irish Struggle / IRA Peace Process-

michael-mcivor

Did he get a special mention for a Claudy and Enniskillen?
Nope- he got a award for his military actions for removing the RAF and the armed brit army from patrolling our streets- you support the armed Brits no matter how many Civilians they killed on bloody-Sunday etc- you still support RAF bombings in Syria etc today that kill Civilians- so you have learnt nothing barbarian-

Newrybhoy

Nope- he got a award for his military actions for removing the RAF and the armed brit army from patrolling our streets- you support the armed Brits no matter how many Civilians they killed on bloody-Sunday etc- you still support RAF bombings in Syria etc today that kill Civilians- so you have learnt nothing barbarian-
Did being behind the civilian murders in Claudy and Enniskillen help you and Marty's unification project, or hinder it?

Newrybhoy

I see the Mayor of SF has already apologised for giving Marty this award.

Apparently this particular brain dead Yank was unaware of all the innocent blood on McGuinnesses hands.

Paddyc

Not exactly.

She's apologised for the wording, not the award.

"As part of San Francisco's annual St Patrick's Day festivities, the Mayor of San Francisco has traditionally provided Certificates of Honor to the Honorary Grand Marshalls selected by the United Irish Societies of San Francisco," she said.

"San Francisco values mean respect for the democratic process and non-violent political actions.

"The language on the Certificate of Honor should have taken more care to apply these values when reflecting the history of Mr McGuinness's life towards peacemaker and his role in the peace process that resulted in the Good Friday Agreement."
Do pay attention.

Newrybhoy

Not exactly.

She's apologised for the wording, not the award.

Do pay attention.
I couldn't care less what some American says, it is Irish republicans who are forever seeking approval. Apologising is losing.

Roll_On

Apologising is losing.
That's an interesting insight into the loyalist mindset. I have long suspected it is the case. I would say that SF would be more respected by loyalists if it was less about olive branches and more about Tiochfaidh ar la. Sacking the eejit with kingsmill bread on his head was probably a mistake, the UDA/DUP probably would have more respect for Michelle O'Neil if she done nothing, as they would do.

Newrybhoy

That's an interesting insight into the loyalist mindset. I have long suspected it is the case. I would say that SF would be more respected by loyalists if it was less about olive branches and more about Tiochfaidh ar la. Sacking the eejit with kingsmill bread on his head was probably a mistake, the UDA/DUP probably would have more respect for Michelle O'Neil if she done nothing, as they would do.
There is not an ounce of respect for Sf/IRA within the unionist community. They are despised, nothing more There is no concept of respecting the perpetrators of Enniskillen, Omagh, Kingsmills, Darkley etc etc etc. There is no concept of respecting people who smear their own shit on a wall or disappear Mother's of 10.

Roll_On

There is not an ounce of respect for Sf/IRA within the unionist community. They are despised, nothing more There is no concept of respecting the perpetrators of Enniskillen, Omagh, Kingsmills, Darkley etc etc etc. There is no concept of respecting people who smear their own shit on a wall or disappear Mother's of 10.
I disagree, you said it yourself, 'apologising is loosing'. If SF apologised for all those things, you'd think even less of them, you'd rather they were belligerent towards you. You need an enemy to exist, without an enemy you're just paranoid hill people burning flags (this is how the outside world sees you anyway, but you can still internally self-justify, for now).

Glaucon

I couldn't care less what some American says, it is Irish republicans who are forever seeking approval. Apologising is losing.
That is, of course, why people like you whinge incessantly when Americans honour Irish Republicans. Either you don't care about it (and ignore it) or you do and start whinging. It's obvious which is which.

LondonGreg started crying about the KIA Provo not so long ago for goodness sake. :ROFLMAO:

between the bridges

I disagree, you said it yourself, 'apologising is loosing'. If SF apologised for all those things, you'd think even less of them, you'd rather they were belligerent towards you. You need an enemy to exist, without an enemy you're just paranoid hill people burning flags (this is how the outside world sees you anyway, but you can still internally self-justify, for now).
If someone blew up or put a bullet in the back of a member of your family, and then 20 years later said "I'm sorry", would you really think much of the apology?...

between the bridges

That is, of course, why people like you whinge incessantly when Americans honour Irish Republicans. Either you don't care about it (and ignore it) or you do and start whinging. It's obvious which is which.

LondonGreg started crying about the KIA Provo not so long ago for goodness sake. :ROFLMAO:
Simple question do you agree with MMcG getting an award for 'courageous military service'?...

Roll_On

If someone blew up or put a bullet in the back of a member of your family, and then 20 years later said "I'm sorry", would you really think much of the apology?...
I'd welcome the apology first of all, not saying we'd be best buddies, but I'd try to move forward and I'd respect them more as a person than I would otherwise. I'd certainly prefer that than further belligerence from that person.

2lazy

Likely not - which is why the killers of civilians in Derry need to face justice - Cameron's sorry did not cut it.