Unionists - what economic crisis?

Pat Mc Larnon

The whole world is shuddering under the economic crisis that has swept the planet in the past two years. However, it seems that not all political parties are concerned with such trivial matters. Have a look here and read a modern day version of Nero fiddling while all around is going up in smoke.

Arracht

How does that compare with a Sinn Fein Councillor being Jordan's minder Pat ?
Address the OP or start a new thread with your whataboutry.

Cruimh

It does address the silly OP - which is in itself whataboutery .....

Pat's Party would have had us in the same poop as the unfortunates over the border ......

Of course I could have gone back through SF behaviour over the past 12 months and posted something along the lines of

The world is in economic crisis and SF are worrying about X, Y or Z ......

Robo

The Economic Boom that didn't happen for a lot of us and the following crisis is view as house prices returning to within the reach of the working class. Its not all bad and is far from a crisis an overly inflated economy is not in anyone's long term interest.

Scipio

Pat's Party would have had us in the same poop as the unfortunates over the border ......
You are in the same crisis, 40 per cent of Northern Ireland's exports go South. Two of your major banks are Irish-owned. The United Kingdom is inextricably tied into Irish banking debt. Any hope of getting the 70 plus per cent of the Northern Irish economy off the public teat hasn't much hope of succeeding if the U.K.'s 5th biggest trading partner (and Northern Ireland's number 1) goes down the drain.

On this occassion, SF (and the SDLP) are right. This is nothing more than typical showboating from the DUP as regards a highly divisive sectarian figure.

Anglo Celt

Lord Craigavon was the first PM and it's only natural that they'd mark it. Would the republic not mark the 1916 rising if it fell around this time? Of course they would, with probably with even more green flags and more fanfare than we've ever seen before. Pot meet kettle.

Cruimh

You are in the same crisis, 40 per cent of Northern Ireland's exports go South. Two of your major banks are Irish-owned. The United Kingdom is inextricably tied into Irish banking debt. Any hope of getting the 70 plus per cent of the Northern Irish economy off the public teat hasn't much hope of succeeding if the U.K.'s 5th biggest trading partner (and Northern Ireland's number 1) goes down the drain.

On this occassion, SF (and the SDLP) are right. This is nothing more than typical showboating from the DUP as regards a highly divisive sectarian figure.
Don't be silly Scipio.

We don't have the IMF .... and that is because People like Jordan's Minder and Conor Murphy and Raymond MaCartney and MMG couldn't terrorise us into the ROI

If Pat gave a damn about anything except "whatabout Unionists" then surely he would have started a thread about ..... the economic crisis :oops:

And - why did SF and the Stoops waste time objecting to a perfectly proper motion commemorating the 70th anniversary ? :oops:

Cruimh

And of course - a quick look at Stormont showed that Sinn Fein's F Molloy took up time this month of international crisis asking about Rare Breeds of Irish cattle and the Stoop's Dolores Kelly asked the Minister for Culture if he will be attending the Ulster Orchestra's free Christmas Cheer concert in December ......

Last edited:

Arracht

Lord Craigavon was the first PM and it's only natural that they'd mark it. Would the republic not mark the 1916 rising if it fell around this time? Of course they would, with probably with even more green flags and more fanfare than we've ever seen before. Pot meet kettle.
A more apt comparison would be if the Dáil marked the 40th anniversary of the death of WT Cosgrave in 2005?
Not sure if it did or not. I'd guess probably not though, I don't think it would've been a divisive thing if they had, despite his very prominant role in the civil war.

Arracht

And of course - a quick look at Stormont showed that Sinn Fein's F Molloy took up time this month of international crisis asking about Rare Breeds of Irish cattle and the Stoop's Dolores Kelly asled the Minister for Culture if he will be attending the Ulster Orchestra's free Christnmas Cheer concert in December ......
Add that to the DUPs grass cutting motion and it shows that they've little enough to be doing up there.

How much does a MLA earn? Might run myself as an Independant Monarchist/Republican/Independance for Ulster candidate. That should be populist enough to get on the gravy train :lol:

Cruimh

Add that to the DUPs grass cutting motion and it shows that they've little enough to be doing up there.

How much does a MLA earn? Might run myself as an Independant Monarchist/Republican/Independance for Ulster candidate. That should be populist enough to get on the gravy train :lol:
Indeed - we don't face the same disaster as the poor sods over the border - no thanks to Pat and his party.

Really was rather foolish of Pat to draw attention to this.

SlabMurphy

Website
www.dublin.ie
Indeed - we don't face the same disaster as the poor sods over the border
Well not yet anyway - but I wouldn't bet on it :lol:

- no thanks to Pat and his party.

Really was rather foolish of Pat to draw attention to this.
Pat and his party will probably be the ones to gain most politically from the mess down here in the next 8/10 years - and that is something that doubtless not far from the minds of the Pat and his party - and no one more so than the unionists ;)

I actually welcome the Gombeen state coming to this. The sheep otherwise known as the electorate of this rotten state had to get such a gigantic kick up the behind to make them wise up to FF and co.

Darren H

Well not yet anyway - but I wouldn't bet on it :lol:

Pat and his party will probably be the ones to gain most politically from the mess down here in the next 8/10 years - and that is something that doubtless not far from the minds of the Pat and his party - and no one more so than the unionists ;)
Or, as it is a foreign state, they may not pay much heed to it.

vinoboy

Well Slab , look forward to paying my £300 to keep the failed political entity of ROI alive .
Do agree with you , shock horror , that FF alongside the corrupt governance (ha ha) with developers was/is an unholy alliance that has sucked in the Irish people in to this morass.Mind you , the euro is built on sand.
At least , the Germans are helping you out ,pay back for WW2 support .(only joking)
The ironies.

Pat Mc Larnon

How does that compare with a Sinn Fein Councillor being Jordan's minder Pat ?
After all these years I still chortle at the knee jerk, thanks for that.

Pat Mc Larnon

I'm still chortling at you reminding us that no thanks to your party we are not up sewage creek without a paddle ;)

Doubtless as a patriot you'll be moving house to the ROI so you personally can help shoulder the financial burden Pat !

Or maybe not ;)

Stop it now, it was a wee experiment that paid off in spades. The attempt at whataboutery with Jordan had me in stitches. The six county forum has been de-coupled from the rest of the site and after this effort it should remain so for quite some time. I'm off so have the thread to yourself, good luck with that.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies