Unionists wreck £40 Million greenway area with tires for July Bonfire. In March

clonard marxist

Website
www.irsp.ie
Bonfire tyres dumped on £40m Connswater Community Greenway - BBC News

Belfast City Council is coming under pressure to remove bonfire material which has been dumped on a new multi-million-pound greenway in the city.
Dozens of tyres and pallets have been left in the middle of the recently opened pathway in the Connswater district of east Belfast.
The pathway forms part of the £40m Connswater Community Greenway project.
The council said bonfire issues were "complex" and it was working with communities to address the matter.
The greenway project includes a number of new bridges, cycle paths and walking routes.
'Cleaning up rubbish'
It also features a new civic square with sculptures of characters from Narnia - in tribute to author CS Lewis who grew up in the area.
On Wednesday, about 500 people attended the official opening of a new greenway bridge, dedicated to Z Cars actor, James Ellis.

The investment was aimed at improving the urban environment by creating open public spaces and cleaning up rubbish from neglected riverbanks.
For weeks, complaints have been lodged with the council about the discarded tyres and pallets.

McSlaggart

Belfast City Council is coming under pressure to remove bonfire material which has been dumped on a new multi-million-pound greenway in the city.
Dozens of tyres and pallets have been left in the middle of the recently opened pathway in the Connswater district of east Belfast.
The pathway forms part of the £40m Connswater Community Greenway project.
Its not the twats that want to do it that annoys me but those who let them. They should act like Strabane and Derry in relation to saying "Down with this sort of thing!"

"Speaking at the scene, he said: “I got a phone call shortly after eight and when I came here there was a large number of PSNI officers, members of the Tactical Support Group - heavily harmed, some carrying rifles - had formed a cordon round where the wood was being stored.

“As I attempted to speak to workers who were removing the items I was told go away or I would be arrested for breach of the peace.

“When I eventually got to speak to one of the workmen, he told me he was working on behalf of the owner and the PSNI immediately said this operation was happening on behalf of Derry City and Strabane District Council."

https://www.derrynow.com/news/bogside-bonfire-material-removed-in-early-morning-police-operation/110797

Just Jack

The sad thing is, most unionists who live in these areas don't want this rabble either.

Though it seems their leaderless politicians are quite happy to turn unionist areas into swamps.

Truth.ie

I've no problem with bonfires, but I do think tyres should be banned.

Derry Council only has a problem with Nationalist bonfires btw.
They funded a bonfire for the Queen's birthday and tolerated bonfire material in Loyalist areas. So don't hold them up as some kind of shining example.

mac tíre

It's a money extortion attempt. Dump loads of tyres with the threat of a fire then get community money to remove them.

Culture, Unionist style.

Commander of the North

The sad thing is, most unionists who live in these areas don't want this rabble either.

Though it seems their leaderless politicians are quite happy to turn unionist areas into swamps.
There's nothing like shítting on your own doorstep. Also it seems that their leaderless politicians enjoy this sort of Kulture

theloner

Get it lifted ASAP. Zero tolerance, any resistance by the knuckledraggers come down heavy on them. What hope is there though when unionist reps in the area can see no harm in bonfires and the absolute bollox that come with them. Provide alternatives.

theloner

Poots is a complete and utter dick head, as is his son.

Commander of the North

And then of course this can happen

vinoboy

No if's or buts -those tyres should be lifted and an agreed site that does not affect anybody should be designated/agreed .
Any deviation form the agreed site should lead to prosecution and ...........law enforcement.
In fairness the City council are trying to deal with it in a negotiated way but a "red line" should be drawn by saying if not agreed by x date then ,no bonfire.
Jim Rodgers has worked tirelessly on this matter but only so much he can do in the face of chav type activity.

vivabrigada

After the heroics shown by young nationalists in facing and pursuing an armed gunman and bomber in Miltown cemetery, Republicans decided to steer young people away from bonfires, which resulted in clashes with the British, fleadhs and festivals were introduced in the 80s.
Unionists should take note.

Se0samh

Burning tires , crazy ffs .

A few years ago a charge on the customer was initiated to help pay for their disposal, now the unscrupulous tyre dealer levies the charge and just hands the tyres over, a pound or two richer for each one..............:roll:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies