Unisex toilets and uniforms according to the INTO, the lunacy goes on

Clanrickard

Teachers want unisex toilets for junior pupils - Independent.ie

Yes the campaign to impose left wing utopia goes on. Disappointing to see the INTO drinking the kool aid and coming with this rot. There are males and females but in the loopy world of Mr. Mullan, who shockingly is teaching children in our schools, that identity is to be subsumed into a 1984 like one size fits all.

He said any discussion should include whether gender-neutral toilets be made available for all pupils, from junior infants to sixth class, so that transgender pupils can use facilities which correspond with their gender identity. This may involve the removal of stereotyping circles, triangles and stick-figure signs from bathroom doors.
And in a landmark move, Mr Mullan added that in order to foster harmony and accommodate difference, traditional male/female attire should now be replaced with a "unisex" uniform.
"It just makes sense. It would mean boys and girls won't dress any differently. That is something that all schools need to look at. They should now be looking to introduce a school uniform which caters for all children."
Thankfully judging by the poll with the piece and the comments afterwards it is clear most readers see this for the reprehensible social engineering it is.

neiphin

Maggie surrounded herself with pervs ?

slippy wicket

In a lot of schools the uniform is a tracksuit of some sort that is 'gender neutral' so thats not really an issue.
I doubt too many young girls would want to share a toilet wjt the boys due to the dirt stench and slop that is usual in boys toilets in many schools.

Lúidín

Boys and girls share the toilets in the houses of all my friends - disgusting.

silverharp

So in a country where there is a lot of schools with dodgy heating and related problems, the idea is to spend millions on redesigning toilets in every national school because of a tiny tiny number of 8 years that are confused? virtue signalling gone nuts?

Irish-Rationalist

I remember staying in a unisex hostel in Scotland. Shared dorms; male and female. I could see that the female's were uncomfortable with it, and that made the male's feel uncomfortable. It was an uncomfortable situation all round, and unisex toilets can only go the same way.

PeacefulViking

How about abolishing uniform, instead of having a unisex one? Then everyone can dress so they are comfortable.

jas376

Mr Mullan is not teaching children in our schools, shockingly or otherwise, you may be glad to here. He has been a full time INTO official for many years and works in the union's head office in Dublin.

good dog

How about abolishing uniform, instead of having a unisex one? Then everyone can dress so they are comfortable.
The uniform is a good idea, it's easier for parents to dress their kids cheaply. With the way young people are so unto their fashion these days it would put extra pressure on parents trying to dress their children in the best of clothes for school.

Boy M5

Mr Mullan is not teaching children in our schools, shockingly or otherwise, you may be glad to here. He has been a full time INTO official for many years and works in the union's head office in Dublin.
Do they have unisex toilets?

talkingshop

Teachers want unisex toilets for junior pupils - Independent.ie

Yes the campaign to impose left wing utopia goes on. Disappointing to see the INTO drinking the kool aid and coming with this rot. There are males and females but in the loopy world of Mr. Mullan, who shockingly is teaching children in our schools, that identity is to be subsumed into a 1984 like one size fits all.

Thankfully judging by the poll with the piece and the comments afterwards it is clear most readers see this for the reprehensible social engineering it is.
To be honest, in the current climate, I think this - the gender neutral toilets and gender neutral bathrooms for primary schools- is not a bad idea. There seems to a huge increase, certainly in England and the US anyway, in the number of kids at very young ages being facilitated by their parents in declaring themselves the opposite sex, and "transitioning", which I think is really worrying. Imo everything should be done to prevent children taking such a life altering decision at ages as young as 4, 5, 6, etc.

But transgender is kind of "cool" now, and parents seem to very enthusiastic about getting behind championing their "transgender kids", and, with the support of LGBT or transgender groups, making big issues with schools about bathrooms and other facilities. These gender neutral toilets and facilities would be good I think for the allegedly trans kids themselves, in making this business of being "boy" or a "girl" less of an issue in school, and keeping things more fluid while the child is young, rather than the e.g. boy opting for a rigid "identity" of being "a girl" from which there may be no coming back. They would also make it unnecessary for the parents to go on a crusade about this issue with the school, to secure the right of the kid to use the opposite sex facilities, which again avoids making a big issue of something that may just be a temporary phase for the kid.

Boy M5

To be honest, in the current climate, I think this - the gender neutral toilets and gender neutral bathrooms for primary schools- is not a bad idea. There seems to a huge increase, certainly in England and the US anyway, in the number of kids at very young ages being facilitated by their parents in declaring themselves the opposite sex, and "transitioning", which I think is really worrying. Imo everything should be done to prevent children taking such a life altering decision at ages as young as 4, 5, 6, etc.

But transgender is kind of "cool" now, and parents seem to very enthusiastic about getting behind championing their "transgender kids", and, with the support of LGBT or transgender groups, making big issues with schools about bathrooms and other facilities. These gender neutral toilets and facilities would be good I think for the allegedly trans kids themselves, in making this business of being "boy" or a "girl" less of an issue in school, and keeping things more fluid while the child is young, rather than the e.g. boy opting for a rigid "identity" of being "a girl" from which there may be no coming back. They would also make it unnecessary for the parents to go on a crusade about this issue with the school, to secure the right of the kid to use the opposite sex facilities, which again avoids making a big issue of something that may just be a temporary phase for the kid.
I don't understand any of this transgenderism as a trend (& it is).
There are transgender individuals, who are "fluid" but very rare.

As something widespread it's like Brexit - a made up problem.
I have worked with a transgender individual. Who was a biker, had teen age children - then became a woman.
The family & friends just left him, wanted nothing more to do with him. Which is tragic (& wrong on their part).

talkingshop

I don't understand any of this transgenderism as a trend (& it is).
There are transgender individuals, who are "fluid" but very rare.

As something widespread it's like Brexit - a made up problem.
I have worked with a transgender individual. Who was a biker, had teen age children - then became a woman.
The family & friends just left him, wanted nothing more to do with him. Which is tragic (& wrong on their part).
Well it's cool now, and there is so much endless publicity given to it by the mainstream media, that I think we are seeing more and more young people with the usual teenage angst, or maybe mental health issues, or who just don't conform what they see as society's expectations for their sex, latching on to "Hey, I must be transgender! That's the answer!". And they believe that "transitioning" will solve their problems, which of course in these cases, it won't.

Mercurial

The next thing you know they'll be demanding people put unisex toilets in their own homes.

Mercurial

Well it's cool now, and there is so much endless publicity given to it by the mainstream media, that I think we are seeing more and more young people with the usual teenage angst, or maybe mental health issues, or who just don't conform what they see as society's expectations for their sex, latching on to "Hey, I must be transgender! That's the answer!". And they believe that "transitioning" will solve their problems, which of course in these cases, it won't.
I'm not sure it would be possible to be more condescending and patronising if you tried.

Boy M5

The next thing you know they'll be demanding people put unisex toilets in their own homes.
Think of the cost. Think of being able to get into the bathroom when the female house mates and family members want to have a bath or do their make up.

It'll never catch on.

Boy M5

I'm not sure it would be possible to be more condescending and patronising if you tried.
Why?

Read particularly the last sentence.

talkingshop

Surprised you read that into it. Maybe it's because I'm concerned about young people who may be being pressured into opting for being transgender, but then again people like you are always only concerned that they might be pressured out of it.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies