United Ireland is granted mainstream legitimacy

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
If it is delusion one is after, the spectacle of a group of little Englanders (and they certainly aren't Little Scotlanders or Little Walians) trying to promote the idea that there is a sort of revival of an Enid Blyton Britain on the cards, then the delusions Johnson, Gove, Patel and Cummings are peddling are some of the worst delusions in recent European history.

And the strange thing is that in order to revive a long-gone Empire of sunlit uplands and jam still for tea, the UK will need to go cap in hand to the nation that actually inherited the Empire after WWII.

Westminster will be looking for a lend-lease programme with Washington while Washington would be setting the interest rate on any deal.

Given the historical record there Washington could probably demand Cornwall be handed over as a new links course for Donald and Westminster would have no other option but to consider it.

Any other view of going to the Americans for philanthropy rather than a deal they'd prefer is utterly delusional.

firefly123

We Irish know of no spectacle so disgusting as when you foreigners, given your history in our country, throw one of your hypocritical fits of morality.
I tried reading the last 8 or 9 pages to catch up. Whilst I am on the same side of the debate I believe that you are contributing nothing to the discussion at all. Just endless reams of the same abusive post.
It's the writings of a childish mind trying to formulate bigger ideas but always ending up back at square one.

You are a gift to the loyalist trolls on here. A gift that keeps on giving.
Much like the poster Shiel on the brexit threads you only have a single transferable post.
Much like Shiel you are now going on ignore as I couldn't be arsed reading the same word salad/post again and again.

redneck

I actually think the UK could attempt to take over the USA post Brexit. And also the Republic of Ireland. Especially if Fine Gael get back into power here. The UK will be looking for new markets and one of the biggest is the US. They (Britain) have a lot of influence in Washington D.C. The British lobby rivals the Israeli one in power and influence in my opinion. The US loves the Royal family for example. Also the UK will need a new doorway into the EU post Brexit. And the Republic should provide it. Expect a FFg govt to be very very close to any new British Tory regime over the coming years. The Irish EU commisioner will represent both the UK and Ireland. If FFg get back that is.
So the future is not good for Ireland, it will be just a puppet state of the UK post Brexit. And will also probably have to kowtow to the French in particular too. Given their support of our Backstop position.

Barroso

So the future is not good for Ireland, it will be just a puppet state of the UK post Brexit. And will also probably have to kowtow to the French in particular too. Given their support of our Backstop position.
Well, we've been a puppet state for the US mncs for the last thirty years, so not much change there.
The question though is how much influence Ireland would have as an overt British or US proxy in a post-Brexit EU. My own guess is - very, very little.
The special treatment given to certain US mncs is already under fire in Brussels, and will soon come to an end.
All to the good I say - we will benefit from them paying taxes to us and might be able to invest in services to our citizens as a result.

Talk Back

I tried reading the last 8 or 9 pages to catch up. Whilst I am on the same side of the debate I believe that you are contributing nothing to the discussion at all. Just endless reams of the same abusive post.
It's the writings of a childish mind trying to formulate bigger ideas but always ending up back at square one.

You are a gift to the loyalist trolls on here. A gift that keeps on giving.
Much like the poster Shiel on the brexit threads you only have a single transferable post.
Much like Shiel you are now going on ignore as I couldn't be arsed reading the same word salad/post again and again.
I'd like to buy you for what you are worth - and sell you for what you think you are worth.

SgtBilko

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ Ah look little sgtDildo's still hysterically & pathetically deflecting from the core point .. i.e. the DUP are fuked because there will be no EU or US trade deals without the WA including the backstop ....

btw little man, I'd say you were on the soup but Im sure you still remember sending me 5 unsolicited abusive messages yesterday ... how'd that work out for ya wee son ;)πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
How are we liking dem apples son. πŸ‘‡

Lovely.

AhNowStop

How are we liking dem apples son. πŸ‘‡

Lovely.
Ah here he is .. my little Stalker ...

How obsessed are you ... You got soooo irate you followed me from this site to IPO where you signed up so you could send me private messages there after you were banned form doing it here ... and what happened then little sgtDildo .. yes thats right you are now banned form sending messages on both sites πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

You're a sick little puppy who obviously needs medical attention .. here, can you not ring up the army and ask them to send a couple of lads in white coats over to help sort you out ?

btw, Bolton doesnt make tread deals you uneducated dummy .. not many "national security advisers" do :rolleyes:πŸ˜‚;)

and its CONGRESS who sort trade .. big letters so you'll remember it this time wee son 😘

SgtBilko

How obsessed are you ... You got soooo irate you followed me from this site to IPO where you signed up so you could send me private messages there after you were banned form doing it here ... and what happened then little sgtDildo .. yes thats right you are now banned form sending messages on both sites πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

You're a sick little puppy who obviously needs medical attention .. here, can you not ring up the army and ask them to send a couple of lads in white coats over to help sort you out ?

btw, Bolton doesnt make tread deals you uneducated dummy .. not many "national security advisers" do :rolleyes:πŸ˜‚;)

and its CONGRESS who sort trade .. big letters so you'll remember it this time wee son 😘
I note you've toned down the childish insults, fella. You're almost at a point where civilised, acceptable level these days. Amazing what a few warnings does, eh. πŸ˜‰πŸ‘Œ

As I've told you before, you're clueless if you think the US will scupper a multi billion trade deal over fake news about 'damage' to the GFA. As for Congress, as I, and many others elsewhere (😜) have told you...... you don't want to be reliant on them. Its not like Trump has pushed things through Congress despite his detractors trying to stop him, is it.

Lol. πŸ‘Œβ™₯

Mickeymac

Bolton is in London to ensure further disharmony between the British and EU.

AhNowStop

I note you've toned down the childish insults, fella. You're almost at a point where civilised, acceptable level these days. Amazing what a few warnings does, eh. πŸ˜‰πŸ‘Œ

As I've told you before, you're clueless if you think the US will scupper a multi billion trade deal over fake news about 'damage' to the GFA. As for Congress, as I, and many others elsewhere (😜) have told you...... you don't want to be reliant on them. Its not like Trump has pushed things through Congress despite his detractors trying to stop him, is it.

Lol. πŸ‘Œβ™₯
So how’s my little insane stalker getting on now eh little man

So where are we so far:-

I/ you get banned on this site from sending personal messages because you were sending abusive message to moi ... shackin so it is :confused: lol

2/ like some obsessed weirdo you then went to IPO, signed up with them and started sending moi messages again :oops:πŸ˜‚

3/ IPO quickly also ban you from sending me messages

4/ I see you were on yapping about your cretinous posts getting censored in IPO this evening πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Ffs take a hint you gobsh1te

You’re a strange desperate little man aren’t you ... do yourself a favour and seek help wee son ;)

Last edited:

puffin

You are a gift to the loyalist trolls on here. A gift that keeps on giving.hil
W

puffin

If I had any sense I wouldn’t be talking to you, πŸ˜‚,by the how is the weight reduction going, keep at it.

Degeneration X

It's nice that they are planning to re-introduce wolves to Ireland. Seem to recall reading the last wolf was shot back around 1912, which I always thought a bit sad.

1786 was apparently the year the last one to be killed in Ireland.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No

1786 was apparently the year the last one to be killed in Ireland.
Thanks- unfortunately I cannot recall where I read the information I had from an article best part of 30 years ago. I do recall the claim clearly, because of the sadness of it.

I suppose the 18th century would make more sense as of course the country went from having a considerable portion under forestry and cleared for farmland thereafter so the writing was on the wall long before for Mr and Mrs Wooluff.

I fear attempts to reintroduce wild animals- the farming lobby would be agin it as a financial and livelihood threat.

And that is Defcon One for that section of the rural business community.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies