United We Stand - So Why Don't We?

Looking at Prime Time and endless news programmes it dawned on me tonight how clever Our Rulers are. How they keep Us, the People, all divided. So we fall.........over each other in the race to get our particular group's point of view across.

On Primetime we had a Rep for OAPs. A Rep for high Tax Payers. A Rep for PWs. A Rep for Capital Spending, meaning whatever that means. As you know I know nothing about fiscal matters, well, nothing about much really, but I do know when I'm being led like a donkey to drink from the same dirty trough.

That is what is happening. Students demonstrate, on their own. Health Workers demonstrate, on their own. Patients Groups demonstrate, on their own. Primary schools demonstrate apart from Secondary schools. Industries demonstrate, industry by industry, never together. So we end up with these scattered showers of light drizzly demonstrations, instead of us all getting together and marching on Leinster House, en masse, and telling them, this lousy, disgusting, useless government TO GET OUT NOW.

Why are we not united as a people? And for the love of whoever, do not turn this into a Norn Iron or a Racist Thread or I'll have a stroke.

Chuck de Mawl

May I recommend a look at this?

The answers as to why we are not united could probably run to 60 pages here. But you're not the only one who thinks we should not bother lobbying for crumbs, and just get them out before they do more damage.

Have a quick look at this.

P45 Movement

Irlandesa

The answers as to why we are not united could probably run to 60 pages here. But you're not the only one who thinks we should not bother lobbying for crumbs, and just get them out before they do more damage.

P45 Movement
ooooh! ooooh!

If the black citizens of Alabama were as meek as the Irish public seem to have become during the Celtic Tiger, they would still be sitting at the back of the bus, and then going home to moan about it on Facebook.

Fecking spot on!

Chuck de Mawl

Looking at Prime Time and endless news programmes it dawned on me tonight how clever Our Rulers are. How they keep Us, the People, all divided. ---
That is what is happening. Students demonstrate, on their own. Health Workers demonstrate, on their own. Patients Groups demonstrate, on their own. Primary schools demonstrate apart from Secondary schools. Industries demonstrate, industry by industry, never together.

Why are we not united as a people?
Not going to attempt a complete analysis, but relate an anecdote of my own dealings with politicians and media.

If you are agitating about just one topic (normally the one that affects you most, ya NIMBY! or one that outrages you most, eg. Israel -Palestine,- trying to be the hero in other peoples business!) then they play the 'what about' game.
"Why do you care about issue A but say nothing about issue B?"

If you seek justice for more than one issue, then you are "jumping on bandwagons", "a serial protestor" and one of "the usual suspects". Sure, god knows they couldn't be having you taken seriously, tis impossible to make you happy.

Most Irish people are very sensitive about being labelled and also, can be unthinkingly quick to agree that other people deserve a label thrown at them.

Last edited:

Iarmuid

So we fall........
.over each other in the race to get our particular group's point of view across.
Is this anlaysis for what ails us or something else?
:confused:

'Teachers are paid too much for working seven months a year'

Friday April 17 2009

Ching! Each day for the first quarter of the year, around 100 jobs went in the private sector. Ching! Every day, this quarter, the figure is around 130. Ching! Every day, more families whose income depends on work in the wealth-creating sector face ruin. Ching!

And so it will continue, indefinitely, as the carotid of the real economy haemorrhages jobs in the greatest economic calamity this State has ever seen.

But in the unreal economy, the teaching sector, they've been spending this week weeping and wailing about how terrible things are for them, and being rude to their manager, Batt O'Keeffe.
'Teachers are paid too much for working seven months a year' - Kevin Myers, Columnists - Independent.ie

This is what I am trying to say Iarmuid and which you put so succinctly. We are liking a starving rabble fighting over the crusts. We seem to have lost all pride in nationhood, all pride in being workers. There is no People's Party because there are no longer a people. Just a gaggle of frightened sheep bleating at the unfairness of it all. As if we were powerless when we are not, but only if we unite.

P45 Movement
Okay Chuck, I'll read up on this. But immediately we have a division. Those who have been issued with their p45s, as opposed to those who have low paid work, or disputes within work because of Govenment policy or those who are unlucky enough, like myself, to be at the mercy of the HSE, or Social Welfare. Then as we said we have divisions even here. Lone parents deserve more, no, don't cut oaps, no, give Health more, no give the nurses more, no let the doctors work longer.

We are all being worked like puppets.

Chuck de Mawl

Read it one more time Lazarus.

Okay Chuck, I'll read up on this. But immediately we have a division. Those who have been issued with their p45s, as opposed to those who have low paid work, or disputes within work because of Govenment policy or those who are unlucky enough, like myself, to be at the mercy of the HSE, or Social Welfare.
P45 movement doesn't mean that the people in it have lost their jobs. The P45s referred to are the ones that people want the TDs to collect. So it's not about dividing the public into sections (other than those who want to see the back of this shower, and those who don't or won't ask them to go).

dresden8

7 million Irish people stood by and watched 1 million Irish people die.

Most of the "hands on" work that resulted in the death of the 1 million was actually carried out by Irish people at the behest of their foreign masters.

We have form for not standing united.

oggy

Looking at Prime Time and endless news programmes it dawned on me tonight how clever Our Rulers are. How they keep Us, the People, all divided. So we fall.........over each other in the race to get our particular group's point of view across.

On Primetime we had a Rep for OAPs. A Rep for high Tax Payers. A Rep for PWs. A Rep for Capital Spending, meaning whatever that means. As you know I know nothing about fiscal matters, well, nothing about much really, but I do know when I'm being led like a donkey to drink from the same dirty trough.

That is what is happening. Students demonstrate, on their own. Health Workers demonstrate, on their own. Patients Groups demonstrate, on their own. Primary schools demonstrate apart from Secondary schools. Industries demonstrate, industry by industry, never together. So we end up with these scattered showers of light drizzly demonstrations, instead of us all getting together and marching on Leinster House, en masse, and telling them, this lousy, disgusting, useless government TO GET OUT NOW.

Why are we not united as a people? And for the love of whoever, do not turn this into a Norn Iron or a Racist Thread or I'll have a stroke.
According to the latest poll 82% of the electorate are going to unite behind the ABFF so its just a matter of a few weeks or months or no more than 17 months before the good times start rolling again. Just be patient please and let the democratic will of the people in 2007 take its course. Old soldiers of destiny like me take great heart when we remember this country hadnt got a pot to pee in and now we wouldnt go to the toilet without scented paper. In fact not that long ago most people my age would be dead and not sitting with a computer on my lap reading miserable people complaining a 12% drop in their relative life of luxury

TradCat

It's the fault of the hard left that the prople aren't united. They bring idiotic violence to the demonstration and idiotic ideas to the table. We can't unite around the idea that the world owes us a living which is what the left appears to believe. They have nothing to say about the economy that isn't nonsense yet they fancy themselves as the leadership of a people that wouldn't vote for them in a fit!

The cause of unity was badly set back this week by the infantile disorder of the fringe. It was doubtless the one bright spot in an otherwise bad week for the government.

king5494

I don't think any of yee get the point . We all agree on the same thing (mostly) GET THEM OUT!!!!,

Why don't we all bloody act together to that end and then take back our country and vote for people with a bit of nationalistic gumption to enforce the changes on behalf of all our beliefs but above all bring back hope .justice and pride to a people led to believe ************************************************ over the last few decades?.

New Threads

Most Replies