• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

RelentlessApathy!

That's the definition of a civil war. Weir said as much. The only reason for not calling it such is the insistence of SF/PIRA that they harboured no sectarianism in their ranks.
Not quite, going by the request to shoot up a school the desire was to escalate things to a point where an overwhelming military response could be put in place. It's best to remember the context of the times, not too ironically the same as the war of Independence in Ireland where the British didn't want to recognise armed reisistance against the state as being anything more than criminal and thus requiring only a 'police action' as opposed to a military one meaning they would do anything but recognise it as a war of any kind.

If it's credible that British military intelligence wanted to escalate things to such a point than this suggests the presence of some extremist hawks in the British establishment, which brings to mind a certain helicopter crash around the time of the peace talks.

seanof

I was not blaming the victims and ignoring the perpetrators, i said it was shocking that those who was supposed to have being upholding the law was colluding and taking part in murders. The point i was making that allthough no excuse but u don't know what those people had gone through.
You're extraordinarily empathethic and understanding of british loyalist murderers. That sentiment wasn't evident in your attitude to people who simply attended the funeral of a friend in Belfast a while ago.

Your true colours are evident now. They're red white and blue, with a touch of black and tan.

dub14

That's the definition of a civil war. Weir said as much. The only reason for not calling it such is the insistence of SF/PIRA that they harboured no sectarianism in their ranks.
More crap. If you can drag SF into it then your job is done. That's all that matters. For anyone that didn't know it already know it the dirty British plan was clearly presented in the programme.

Meanwhile our Garda Commissioner, appointed by Charlie Flanagan, is shown appearing in court attempting to block justice for families of the victims of the Glenane gang. Care to comment on that ?

Angler

I was not blaming the victims and ignoring the perpetrators, i said it was shocking that those who was supposed to have being upholding the law was colluding and taking part in murders. The point i was making that allthough no excuse but u don't know what those people had gone through.
Just stfu , you idiot. I pity the people that are stuck sharing a car with you.

Expose the lot of them

Shocking that the people who was supposed to keep the peace and law and order were in collusion and taking part in murders but what is not knownis these people could have had family members, friends and colleagues murdered by the PIRA and was not seeing them brought to justice.
Some of them may have wanted the 2 sides to turn against eachother in a civil war
The program was about collusion by government forces in the deaths of 120 people. Why not address that rather that attempt to deflect, per your usual HQ driven posts. FG were part of this collusion, care to address that?

Gin Soaked

The program was about collusion by government forces in the deaths of 120 people. Why not address that rather that attempt to deflect, per your usual HQ driven posts. FG were part of this collusion, care to address that?
Ok, how exactly were FG or FF, whoever was in govt at the time, responsible for collusion.

They may have been ineffective, the may have been cowardly in their abandonment of NI.

But specifically, unless the Gardai or govt gave intelligence to the brits or Loyalists to assist in killing people, then you don't have collusion.

Successive Dail's won't be well judged by history on their indifference to NI Catholics, but extrapolating that into collusion is different.

All of that said, FG appointing Drew Harris is indefensible.

dub14

I won't go as far as to say that FG and other government parties were part of the collusion but I will say that that they were less then effective or enthusiastic about taking on any kind of investigation into what went on. The Dublin/Monaghan is a prime example of that. The reality is that in the main our government parties and media didn't have a clue / didn't want to know (take your pick) what was going on so they choose to ignore it. The even tried to ensure that us citizens didn't know either by introducing section 31 and feeding us agenda driven news. It is really any wonder that Regina thought that "they brought it on themselves" or that FG thought it was okay to appoint Harris as our GC.

I've been saying it for years and finally my friends are beginning to the light. A huge amount of people in the South have no basic understanding of the troubles. Programmes like last night are invaluable in that regard. As more and more of the truth comes out the tactics that FG, FF and MSM use to attack the shinners are being exposed.

Angler

Ok, how exactly were FG or FF, whoever was in govt at the time, responsible for collusion.

They may have been ineffective, the may have been cowardly in their abandonment of NI.

But specifically, unless the Gardai or govt gave intelligence to the brits or Loyalists to assist in killing people, then you don't have collusion.

Successive Dail's won't be well judged by history on their indifference to NI Catholics, but extrapolating that into collusion is different.

All of that said, FG appointing Drew Harris is indefensible.
FF, FG , LAB and others abrogated their duty in this regard , and are therefore at the very least complicit , and in some cases I believe went a lot further . It needs to be thrashed out .

Gin Soaked

As more and more of the truth comes out the tactics that FG, FF and MSM use to attack the shinners are being exposed.
I agree, FG and FF need to confine SF attacks to policy and specifics to SF positions in govt in NI, cognisant at all times of the power sharing and limited scope of SF's real power there.

The Irish govt was terrified of NI and their impotence there. And generally terrified that an honest portrayal of events would have made Blaney and Haughey a lot more mainstream.

AhNowStop

Shocking that the people who was supposed to keep the peace and law and order were in collusion and taking part in murders but what is not knownis these people could have had family members, friends and colleagues murdered by the PIRA and was not seeing them brought to justice.
Some of them may have wanted the 2 sides to turn against eachother in a civil war
fuk me .. I was wondering which moron would blame the Ra first for the British state murdering innocent people and here we have an early winner ...

what the fuk is wrong with people like you .. seriously ?

AhNowStop

Could you not please make excuses for pure unadulterated state murder, what in the ever living **** is wrong with you?

Were you actually watching the documentary, British army intelligence were trying to precipitate that civil war by murdering an entire school full of children...do you want to try and make an excuse up for that as well?
I see you got there before me ... its just incredible

AhNowStop

Its an absolute disgrace that Drew Harris is Garda Commissioner down here. He was in the RUC in 1983, when these gangs were in full force
and spent most of his last years in the PSNI stifling HET enquiries and the release of documentation ... a total disgrace.

AhNowStop

You're fuking sick

AhNowStop

You're extraordinarily empathethic and understanding of british loyalist murderers. That sentiment wasn't evident in your attitude to people who simply attended the funeral of a friend in Belfast a while ago.

Your true colours are evident now. They're red white and blue, with a touch of black and tan.
Well put

AhNowStop

Varadker,Richmond and O Donovan should be made watch this programme.
The above along with Drew Harris should be made sit in a room with the families and watch it .. shocking stuff.

james toney

You were watching the wrong programme....even you are not that stupid.

AhNowStop

I've been saying it for years and finally my friends are beginning to the light. A huge amount of people in the South have no basic understanding of the troubles. Programmes like last night are invaluable in that regard. As more and more of the truth comes out the tactics that FG, FF and MSM use to attack the shinners are being exposed.
Thats why the likes of the ubber FFGers such as Roundtower is coming out with the disgusting drivel that he is .. last nights reality check will, as you say, have enlightened a lot of people to the truth about the situation in the North so the likes of him and his FFG party friends will have a damn site harder time lying about the situation and blaming it all on those pesky shinners from now on ..
.... the FFG types, just like their loyalist friends, didnt want that show aired on RTE last night ... or any night.

parentheses

Ken Livingstone wrote an article on the glennane killings years ago. He maintained there was a British deep state agenda related to scuppering the IRA ceasefire of the time and destabilising the Labour government.

The Glenane gang were pawns in the game.

between the bridges

Unquiet Graves is produced and directed by Sean Murray, the son of senior IRA member Sean ‘Spike’ Murray, perhaps someday Mr Murray will produce a program on the Unquiet graves of the 2,152 killed by the IRA and other republican groups, but some how I doubt it...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom