• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

[update: acquitted] Overnight in a cell, morning Court for the Man in the Mixer

He3

PetevonPete said:
Gardai in Pearse St investigating an incident at Leinster House earlier this morning the 29th September 2010 have this evening charged a 41 year old male. He remains in custody until his court appearance, he will appear before Ct No 1, Criminal Courts of Justice, Parkgate St., Dublin 8 at 10.30am on Thursday the 30th Sept 2010
Has a single person appeared in Court over the biggest robbery in Irish history yet?

Last edited:

bokonon

Has a single person appeared in Court over the biggest robbery in Irish history yet?
That's not the purpose of the Irish Justice System. It's there to protect them from us.

spidermom

What are they charging him with??

Ah Well

What are they charging him with??
Saw somewhere that it might be under Section 3 of the Criminal Damage Act but not sure of that ...

Meanwhile on Planet Zog no charges are being contemplated or file being pursued when a Public Representative poked and threatened a Member of the Peace Guardians

spidermom

Thundering disgrace.
A parking ticket is all he should have..(mind you thats how we used to park in Wexford...only we put the hazards on!!)

TDs drunk in cars,intimidating gardai,obstructing a garda, drunk and disorderly...and not even a caution???

Does this mean that we are no longer protest in this country????

bazlad

The picture of him being hauled before the courts with such efficiency is in stark contrast to lack of action for years on the Anglo executives, or the delays in justice at the many planning tribunals.

bored and fussy

I feel sorry for this man, and there seems to be a lot of good people ringing in to radio programmes today saying he is a good man, but honestly if a child had been passing or got knocked down we would be talking a different story tonight,
I hope he is treated well, but the gardai did what they had to do,
if they let him go free without charge, well then what next, they cannot set a precedent for this.

Hewson

If that man leaves court with anything other than a medal of honour, I want everyone – EVERYONE – within ten miles of Dublin to blockade Leinster House.

The time for sitting back and bitching about injustice is over. Who's on for some peaceful, loud action aimed at the criminal scum behind the bars of the gates?

Hewson

I feel sorry for this man, and there seems to be a lot of good people ringing in to radio programmes today saying he is a good man, but honestly if a child had been passing or got knocked down we would be talking a different story tonight,
I hope he is treated well, but the gardai did what they had to do,
if they let him go free without charge, well then what next, they cannot set a precedent for this.
No offense, but that's a pile of elephant sh!t.

Ah Well

Talk to Joe will be busy tmro ...

"But but but Joe .. .no not you Joe, I mean Cement Lorry Joe .... this is awful Joe, what did I pay me taxes for .... we need to do something about this but who will do it for us Joe.. .could you ring the Guards and sort it out Joe?" ....

petrapig

disgusting.... the poor man ,
theres a facebook page supporting him...
really smaks of the them an us....

hawkeye33

If that man leaves court with anything other than a medal of honour, I want everyone – EVERYONE – within ten miles of Dublin to blockade Leinster House.

The time for sitting back and bitching about injustice is over. Who's on for some peaceful, loud action aimed at the criminal scum behind the bars of the gates?
x2 your right

PUFF DADDY

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyKzzpW5O7s&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Anglo Toxic Lorry at the gate-Toxic Load in the Dail[/ame]

and again !

stripey cat

The Gardaí and the DPP are being consistent. This is the sort of treatment that the anti Shell protesters in Mayo have been getting for years for similar peaceful direct action.

What always surprises me is that people like taxi drivers who block streets and that guy who chained himself to the Passport Office get to walk without facing any time in the cells.