• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Uproar over Neil Horan

NeilW

I cant believe that no-one on the production team recognised him.

ballot stuffer

Nice ratings boost for them.. The cynical side of me says they knew all along.

MsAnneThrope

Tubridy should invite him on his first LLS. God the country needs a laugh...

a LAUGH?

That man is possibly the greatest living Irish prick

If I ever met him , I would give him a taste of his own.

Malbekh

He was on Ray d'Arcy this morning. Apparently while he got through (BGT), he wasn't selected at the next thinning (which takes place behind closed doors) so you won't be seeing him again.

In fairness to d'Arcy, he said that he was embarrassed to see him on BGT and blamed the production people from letting him through. Horan reckoned he got lots of support from texts and pointed out that audience were very supportive which is true enough.

But then, they don't know him like we do. The scary thing is that this lack of vetting will only encourage him again, so expect to see him sometime soon.

Eoghan Harris has been on the LLS, so why not Horan?
i had forgotten about the patronage queen harris

still harris never stole an olympic gold medal from a dirt poor athlete...

MsAnneThrope

i had forgotten about the patronage queen harris

still harris never stole an olympic gold medal from a dirt poor athlete...
Don't get me wrong 406. I'm not condoning what Horan did. Far from it. I'd just like to see him in a serious interview (if he's capable of that) and be asked why he does all these nutter things.

Albert Aherne

He's a poor mentally ill misfortune and he's being stripped of all his dignity by being used as entertainment.For shame!

Munion

The man is obviously not well in the head.

He is however a bloody disgrace. Stupid dancing aside what he did to that Brazilian runner in Athens is unforgiveable.

The man is obviously not well in the head.

He is however a bloody disgrace. Stupid dancing aside what he did to that Brazilian runner in Athens is unforgiveable.
We find unity on an issue. Perhaps the clown serves a purpose after all?

NeilW

It invites the wider question of the duty of care shown to people gong forward for shows like this. If the production team cant weed out obvious nutters like Horan (even if you believe for a moment that none of them recognised him) then who else are they allowing through? What checks have they done to see if they'll be able to cope with the humiliation the shows' formats require from them to maintain their ratings?

Wigmore

a LAUGH?

That man is possibly the greatest living Irish prick
Barry Egan?
Gerry Ryan?
Stephen Ireland?
John Gormley?
Ger Loughnane?
Jackie Fullerton?
Inda Kinney?
Joe Higgins?
Dick Roche?

Shurley shome Mishtake...?

DerekOwens

Don't get me wrong 406. I'm not condoning what Horan did. Far from it. I'd just like to see him in a serious interview (if he's capable of that) and be asked why he does all these nutter things.
Actually, Mongrel (remember them?!) did an interview with him a few years back. He's not a well man at all, and it's quite sad to see no caregiving agency has picked him up yet.

constitutionus

twas on pat kenny this morning too.

cringe inducing stuff and i turned off. what the hell are RTE doing giving him oxygen?

orbit

Simon Cowell's gone up in my estimation, since he saw through the talentless twit within seconds.

I don't know what it says about the state of Anglo-Irish relations, the way everyone else in the place seemed to be taken in by (or felt sorry for) him. Maybe they were expecting a dancing version of Susan Boyle?

It's kind of sad actually.

Popular Threads

Most Replies