US Army convicted traitor Bradley Manning released from Prison.

ne0ica

You say all this like it`s a bad thing. :roll:
Manning should have served the full 35 being used as a human cum dumpster.

35 years too soft. No doubt a lenient sentence given Manning was such a ************************ up.

Had a Republican been in the White House Manning would have got the death penalty.

eoghanacht

Smell of wingnuts rage, enjoy the rest of your days Chelsea.

ruserious

The irony of Chelsea walking free from her abhorrent sentence on the day Trump is accused of giving Intel to the Russians. Wish her well.

ne0ica

The irony of Chelsea walking free from her abhorrent sentence on the day Trump is accused of giving Intel to the Russians. Wish her well.
Irony indeed. Liberals calling for impeachment and yet celebrating Manning as a hero.

Crazy world.

Spanner Island

35 years too soft. No doubt a lenient sentence given Manning was such a ************************ up.

Had a Republican been in the White House Manning would have got the death penalty.
You really are a scumbag.

ruserious

Irony indeed. Liberals calling for impeachment and yet celebrating Manning as a hero.

Crazy world.
Well Manning would no longer be suitable in her former job, granted. Just as Trump is grossly unsuitable for his.

gerhard dengler

Life sentence should have been the minimum sentence for Bradley Manning's treachery.

In times past, Treason carried the sentence of execution.

D

Deleted member 17573

Glad to see him free - but would a non-trans soldier have been treated with the same leniency?

Cellachán Chaisil

GDPR

I have a great deal of sympathy for Manning, because I regard her as mentally unwell and believe she was subjected to psychological manipulation from people who cynically exploited her.

We need to remember that nothing Manning leaked was Top Secret, so in the course of time would have been automatically declassified. Nevertheless, Manning did disclose details of military operations, and the identities of US allies, which you can be sure cost the lives of military personnel, intelligence agents, foreign contacts and translators.

Manning didnt even know that she was leaking to Wikileaks, nor did she realise exactly what she was stealing. I dont think her motivations were necessarily principled at all. She was most likely confused, angry and determined to take revenge on the military for some personal reason.

I think the sentence was too long, and I am pleased Obama exercised the prerogative of clemency and commuted it. But do I think Manning is a heroine? No.

PC Principle

He.

It's a 'He'.

He might want to role-play but the rest us don't have to go along with the mental illness role-play.

All traitors should be executed btw.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies