• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.
  • Politics.ie will be closed to new posting in Two (2) Minutes! while the forum software is updated. This should only take a couple of minutes. Please finish any posts in progress.

US border crisis

stopdoingstuff

Send them home, by force if necessary.
Yeah. Any sign of weakness will make it worse. If any one them so much as sneezes as the border, they should be riddled with bullets. The same should happen to those fake refugees in the Med- sink any ship that comes within territorial waters.

Jack Walsh

Ony the consopiracy addled cult devotees of Trump could getr codded by this farce.

A few hundred desperate Hondurans trying to get to the American border and ask for entry.
And this is supposedly the greatest threat to America according to Trump and his simpleton followers.

Not the trillion dollar 2018 budget deficit
The 22 trillion dollar National debt
Not the shredding of a 30 year old nuclear arms deal that made the World safer
Not climate change
Not tax cuts for the top 20%
Not the gutting of medicare and social security
Not supporting tyrants and despots Worldwide
Not the endless stream of lies and hate from a POTUS daily

To put this "greatest current threat to America" into perspective, it would be broadly the same as 20 North Africans sailing towards Ireland seeking refugee status

Dame_Enda

This is the reason the Mexican drug cartels and MS13 get a foothold in the US because of the gullibility of the liberals.

Under the Flores decree, if a family comes in they have to be adjudicated within 24 days or must be separated or released. They cannot be detained together because of that law. Bill Clinton's DOJ is ultimately to blame for this. Trump was correct that the law is to blame. And it has been reported that a majority are now bringing children with them because they know this.

LiaWatha

A few hundred desperate Hondurans trying to get to the American border and ask for entry.
And this is supposedly the greatest threat to America according to Trump and his simpleton followers.
Try getting your facts straight, it's not a few hundred. NPR among others are reporting it's over 5000 people.

Migrant Caravan Grows to 5,000 : NPR

"A growing crowd of Central American migrants is resuming its advance toward the U.S. border in southern Mexico on Sunday. The advances have overwhelmed Mexican officials' attempts to stop them at the border.

The Associate Press reports that the numbers swelled to about 5,000 overnight."

Wagmore

Try getting your facts straight, it's not a few hundred. NPR among others are reporting it's over 5000 people.

"A growing crowd of Central American migrants is resuming its advance toward the U.S. border in southern Mexico on Sunday. The advances have overwhelmed Mexican officials' attempts to stop them at the border.

Nice first post. But don't waste any time on Jack. Jack puts the Jack into Jackboot Liberal

Wagmore

Ony the consopiracy addled cult devotees of Trump could getr codded by this farce.

Not climate change

To put this "greatest current threat to America" into perspective, it would be broadly the same as 20 North Africans sailing towards Ireland seeking refugee status
" A few hundred" FFS Jack. How much is Soros paying you? Does lying your nuts off mean absolutely nothing?

O'Sullivan Bere

This is the reason the Mexican drug cartels and MS13 get a foothold in the US because of the gullibility of the liberals.
Baloney. Most Hispanics gangs are of US origin and 'imported' south, including MS-13. If Americans didn't have such a high demand for drugs and sex trafficked women and kids, then they'd take that business elsewhere. Instead they now also prey on migrants too in the process who, of course, also satisfy American desires for cheap manual labour. Meanwhile their nations get endangered, corrupted and overrun by these American demands.

Wanna fix the border? Patrol and enforce the border of course but pass responsible immigration reform that admits immigrant labour to meet actual labour requirements, target illegal hirers of illegal serf labour, stop effing around in Latin America exploiting and corrupting it with soft empire Robber Baronism, legalise cannabis that forms a bulk of the drug trade, address domestic contraband demand, etc.

Jack Walsh

A trillion dollar per year budget deficit but Trump tells us this is the best economy in history.

Borrow a trillion bucks per year and give it to wealthy people and corporations and hope some of it scutters down their legs to middle and lower waged.
wow, what a wonderful economic strategy.

Yet the cultists believe a Caravan of desperate Hondurans is the biggest crisis currently facing America.
Why?
Because their cult leader tells them so

valamhic

Not climate change

America elected Trump in accordance with their constitution. If the result of their choice of president is as bad as you claim, why is the flow of people going into America? Why are Americans not trying to flee Trump's horror story? (as you describe it).

If there is a fire in a building, the people inside try to get out and those outside stay out. Can you explain to us why Americans are not fleeing to Honduras. .

valamhic

A trillion dollar per year budget deficit but Trump tells us this is the best economy in history.

Borrow a trillion bucks per year and give it to wealthy people and corporations and hope some of it scutters down their legs to middle and lower waged.
wow, what a wonderful economic strategy.

Yet the cultists believe a Caravan of desperate Hondurans is the biggest crisis currently facing America.
Why?
Because their cult leader tells them so
Do you understand the concept of the fractional reserve? Do you understand how credit is the back bone of all financial systems. and many barter systems? If not, will you go and buy a book of economics and financial management. And read it .

valamhic

Baloney. Most Hispanics gangs are of US origin and 'imported' south, including MS-13. If Americans didn't have such a high demand for drugs and sex trafficked women and kids, then they'd take that business elsewhere. Instead they now also prey on migrants too in the process who, of course, also satisfy American desires for cheap manual labour. Meanwhile their nations get endangered, corrupted and overrun by these American demands.

Wanna fix the border? Patrol and enforce the border of course but pass responsible immigration reform that admits immigrant labour to meet actual labour requirements, target illegal hirers of illegal serf labour, stop effing around in Latin America exploiting and corrupting it with soft empire Robber Baronism, legalise cannabis that forms a bulk of the drug trade, address domestic contraband demand, etc.
There is a legal immigration system in place, Trump is it s champion.

valamhic

If it were me in charge, I would warn the advancing caravan and then selectively have the army shoot the older members as they enter the US until the rest turn back. There are plenty of communist leftie greenie libloon countries for then to go to. Jack and Rainmaker could join them

blinding

The Australians sorted their somewhat similar problem years a go .

Trump must use an American Version of this system .

The Australian system has been very successful . Any politician that will not use a variation of this system does not want to deal with the problem .

valamhic

The Australians sorted their somewhat similar problem years a go .

Trump must use an American Version of this system .

The Australian system has been very successful . Any politician that will not use a variation of this system does not want to deal with the problem .
In Australia, the migrants came in boats and were easy to shoot, how do you shoot 5,000 on land?

I presume that is the solution you talk about.

HenryHorace

Force is needed here but care is also needed. The Soros gang have put children front and centre and are hoping for some deaths to sway the public. These are truly despicable human beings.

Catalpast

The caravan has broken through the gates on the Guatemalan/Mexican border. They are now on a bridge. Some have jumped in the river to try to swim around the police. What should Trump/Mexico/Honduras/Guatemala do?

[TWEET]1053650311137648640[/TWEET]

[video=youtube;m71rYKSyt-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m71rYKSyt-A[/video]
BUILD THAT WALL!

Chapter 8

Meanwhile, with the legion which he had with him and the soldiers which had assembled from the Province, he carries along for nineteen [Roman, not quite eighteen English] miles a wall, to the height of sixteen feet, and a trench, from the Lake of Geneva, which flows into the river Rhone, to Mount Jura, which separates the territories of the Sequani from those of the Helvetii. When that work was finished, he distributes garrisons, and closely fortifies redoubts, in order that he may the more easily intercept them, if they should attempt to cross over against his will. When the day which he had appointed with the embassadors came, and they returned to him; he says, that he can not, consistently with the custom and precedent of the Roman people, grant any one a passage through the Province; and he gives them to understand, that, if they should attempt to use violence he would oppose them. The Helvetii, disappointed in this hope, tried if they could force a passage (some by means of a bridge of boats and numerous rafts constructed for the purpose; others, by the fords of the Rhone, where the depth of the river was least, sometimes by day, but more frequently by night), but being kept at bay by the strength of our works, and by the concourse of the soldiers, and by the missiles, they desisted from this attempt.
http://classics.mit.edu/Caesar/gallic.1.1.html

Julius Caesar did it

- Donald Trump should just do it!:cool:

NMunsterman

If it were me in charge, I would warn the advancing caravan and then selectively have the army shoot the older members as they enter the US until the rest turn back. There are plenty of communist leftie greenie libloon countries for then to go to. Jack and Rainmaker could join them
I always keep a large vomit-bucket handy when reading your posts - but after this one I'll have to invest in a bath-tub size one.

valamhic

I always keep a large vomit-bucket handy when reading your posts - but after this one I'll have to invest in a bath-tub size one.
What would you do if a gang were coming to take over your house and put you out. Are you suggesting Ireland should offer them entry here. How will Ireland house them? Your house I presume? I don't want to see anyone killed, but I see not other way to stop them.

What way would you deal with it?

Jack O Neill

What would you do if a gang were coming to take over your house and put you out. Are you suggesting Ireland should offer them entry here. How will Ireland house them? Your house I presume? I don't want to see anyone killed, but I see not other way to stop them.

What way would you deal with it?

You just dont want share your handouts do you ?

valamhic

You just dont want share your handouts do you ?
I am Irish and i want to own my country. I chose my government to look after it and I try to tell them how to look after it. I want to give social houses to my needy neighbours.

Ireland controlled its immigration for centuries up until the EU decided to allow everyone in. Same in America, politicians promise better state benefits to the voters, not to resident of other countries.

There is not much point in voting for benefits if they are given away to someone else, is there?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies