• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

US Embassy sponsors Muslim Business Conference

Clanrickard

Why is the US embassy sponsoring this? It may breach the US Constitution but on an Irish level why are they sponsoring one religious groupings business conference. Furthermore, Sharia-loving Imam Halawa head of the odious Council of Imams of Ireland was presented with Obama's book by the Ambassador. The last thing we need is Sharia anything in Ireland and the US Embassy should be promoting it.

U.S. Embassy sponsors Irish Muslim business conference | Irish News | IrishCentral

PAD1OH

yep, let's prevent entrepreneurship and business development.

Squire Allworthy

Why is the US embassy sponsoring this?

on an Irish level why are they sponsoring one religious groupings business conference. Furthermore, Sharia-loving Imam Halawa head of the odious Council of Imams of Ireland was presented with Obama's book by the Ambassador.http://www.irishcentral.com/news/US-Embassy-sponsors-Irish-Muslim-business-conference--104478079.html

In a wider context it may surprise you to know that many Muslims have been wondering for years about the people the US sponsors, finances and supports.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Sharia is not acceptable to the Irish people.

sue flanker

You couldn't make this up.Every level of this is surreal.though the more Ireland is attacked.people hopefully will snap out of their stupor and stop this foreign interference on all levels.

LeDroit

Why is the US embassy sponsoring this? It may breach the US Constitution but on an Irish level why are they sponsoring one religious groupings business conference. Furthermore, Sharia-loving Imam Halawa head of the odious Council of Imams of Ireland was presented with Obama's book by the Ambassador. The last thing we need is Sharia anything in Ireland and the US Embassy should be promoting it.

U.S. Embassy sponsors Irish Muslim business conference | Irish News | IrishCentral
Because violence works. Ask the 'Ra.

eoghanacht

You couldn't make this up.Every level of this is surreal.though the more Ireland is attacked.people hopefully will snap out of their stupor and stop this foreign interference on all levels.
Attacked?

Clanrickard

So - you would ban sharia-compliant financing ?
Which was what this conference was about rather than Sharia Law being introduced into Ireland.
Do you know what that means? Do you know who decides?

eoghanacht

Because violence works. Ask the 'Ra.
Are you suggesting muslim business men are violent or that they sponsor violent muslims?
If so you should notify the authorities if not then i'm sure you've broken site rules.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
Which was what this conference was about rather than Sharia Law being introduced into Ireland.
I am concerned at where it will eventually lead. We need an integrated society - not a segregated society where everyone goes to different banks, lives on different streets etc. according to religion or ethnicity.

L'Chaim

I am concerned at where it will eventually lead. We need an integrated society - not a segregated society where everyone goes to different banks, lives on different streets etc. according to religion or ethnicity.
People should be able to go to whatever bank they like and live on whatever street they like. I quite like the idea of a Chinatown and Little Italy etc. Forced integration never works

F.U.B.A.R

Its the ole salesman gettin the ole toe in the door trick. "ya see, sharia isnt so bad afterall". Me ball.ix!!

FutureTaoiseach

Website
People should be able to go to whatever bank they like and live on whatever street they like. I quite like the idea of a Chinatown and Little Italy etc. Forced integration never works
Ghettoisation has failed in France (Paris riots), Britain (Brixton riots, 7/7) Holland (Theo van Gogh), Spain (11M), Denmark (cartoon-controversy), Italy and now even Sweden. These countries have had their fill of being talked down to by PC govt-quangos and bearded Marxist hippies in sandals, extolling the virtues of ad-hoc 'solutions' where each ethno-religious group is compartmentalised each with their own districts, parallel legal-systems etc. This prescription has undermined the cohesion of those societies and we must not allow it to take root here.

F.U.B.A.R

Ghettoisation has failed in France (Paris riots), Britain (Brixton riots, 7/7) Holland (Theo van Gogh), Spain (11M), Denmark (cartoon-controversy), Italy and now even Sweden. These countries have had their fill of being talked down to by PC govt-quangos and bearded Marxist hippies in sandals, extolling the virtues of ad-hoc 'solutions' where each ethno-religious group is compartmentalised each with their own districts, parallel legal-systems etc. This prescription has undermined the cohesion of those societies and we must not allow it to take root here.
+1. It was tried, it failed.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
you would resist paying a fee rather then paying interest on a loan this offends you?
If that's as far as it went rather than being the thin-end of the Sharia-wedge I wouldn't mind. I'm also concerned at a foreign-govt sponsoring Sharia in this country. This cannot be seen in isolation: the Saudis are also sponsoring a proposed Saudi 'school' I started a thread on some months ago, and where you find Saudi-money you tend to find Sharia, as the Saudi-regime tries to export its Wahhabist brand of Islam to the world.