US Gives Green Light On IMF-Mediated Rescue Of Europe

Ramon21

Stock indexes hit session highs in late morning trading on Wednesday as the euro jumped against the U.S. dollar after a government official said the United States would be ready to back a larger European financial stability fund via increased commitments to the International Monetary Fund.

ManOfReason

Marshall Plan part deux?

I hope the US taxpayer knows they will get about as much thanks from their European 'friends' for this bailout as they did the last time round.

Absurdo

Help ???

I wonder will it be in the form of a huge loan ?

Cassandra Syndrome

Printing Presses whirl!

Markets rally because the Eurozone is that fooked they have to resort to massive koolaid of Quantitative Easing.

Zimbabwe had the same idea, how did that turn out?

McDave

Yes indeed. The Euro is tiresomely and stubbornly staying well above $1.25. Personally, I'd like to see it drift under $1.20, giving all the Eurozone's exporting countries a competitive boost. However, there is still enough demand for it as a currency in its own right to point it more in the direction of its historic highs.

Lord Wellington

Marshall Plan part deux?

I hope the US taxpayer knows they will get about as much thanks from their European 'friends' for this bailout as they did the last time round.
Printing Presses whirl!

Markets rally because the Eurozone is that fooked they have to resort to massive koolaid of Quantitative Easing.

Zimbabwe had the same idea, how did that turn out?

If I may.

Perhaps the US does not want to see the Euro devalue by 25% against the Dollar and Sterling.

Were are in the currency war.

Let's hope the war is conducted in paper only.

Kevin Doyle

Marshall Plan part deux?

The US economy is in bigger trouble than Europes. They're on the brink of sinking under a huge tidal wave of dept.

Its laughable to suggest that the US is in a position to bail out EU countries without QE on a scale that would most likely crash the global economy when the US has to start paying off its already humungous depts

New Threads

Most Replies