• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

US: Mother who married son faces incest charges for marrying daughter too

Irish-Rationalist

A mother and her daughter are facing prosecution for incest after marrying each other in the American state of Oklahoma.

Police issued arrest warrants for Patricia Ann Spann, 43, and Misty Velvet Dawn Spann, 25, on Friday after discovering they married each other in March.

Local authorities uncovered the relationship last month during a child welfare investigation and later learned Patricia had also married her son in 2008.

He filed for an annulment 15 months later, citing “incest” and stating he was married to his birth mother, according to an affidavit.

Patricia said she had lost custody of three children, who were cared for by a grandparent, but reunited with her daughter two years ago.

Read more:

Mother who married son faces incest charges for marrying daughter in US - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

*face-palm*

'orebel

The Field Marshal

€50 says there will be an attempt to link this to SSM.
Spot on.
Once you permit SSM then you must permit marriage between any combination of family members .
Mother marries son, brother marries brother.

The reasoning that preventing such marriages is discriminatory is exactly the reasoning used by proponents of SSM.

Irish society has abandoned the natural law of the family based on male female marriage and can now hardly complain if two brothers or two sisters from the same family wish to legally marry.

ergo2

Wasn't the musical Seven Brides for Seven Brothers set in Oklahoma?

hhmmmm

Just Jack

Spot on.
Once you permit SSM then you must permit marriage between any combination of family members .
Mother marries son, brother marries brother.

The reasoning that preventing such marriages is discriminatory is exactly the reasoning used by proponents of SSM.

Irish society has abandoned the natural law of the family based on male female marriage and can now hardly complain if two brothers or two sisters from the same family wish to legally marry.
Do you really care who marries who?

Bea C

OP deserves €50 for beating cYp to the punch.
I saw it on the BBC site a few hours ago, and I wondered how I would drop it in, but it never dawned on me to actually start a thread on it.
I was content to wait for the LLS thread to kick off.

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com
I saw it on the BBC site a few hours ago, and I wondered how I would drop it in, but it never dawned on me to actually start a thread on it.
I was content to wait for the LLS thread to kick off.
Because RTÉ is a donnybrook of incestuous relations?

RodShaft

So was she a bigamist incestuator?

RodShaft

Wasn't that annulled?
Read the small print :roll:
Read the small print? Jaysis with something like that, I can barely bear to read the headline...

Fritzbox

I'm just glad that's a four-leaved clover: what would St. Patrick have said were it a shamrock?
The Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit and...?

RodShaft

I'm just glad that's a four-leaved clover: what would St. Patrick have said were it a shamrock?
He's have said it was a spit roast instead of being airtight...

I'll get me coat.

The Field Marshal

Do you really care who marries who?
Yes.
I really care about who marries who.

In completely abandoning and overturning the natural law of male female marriage , a majority of the Irish electorate have shown a contempt for normal sexual relationships and set in train the horror show of a demand for legalized incestuous marriage.

Nothing could be clearer.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies