• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

US Open leader from ROI

Joseph Emmet

Can or will Shane Lowry make history and become the first golfer from the ROI to Win the US Open? As the third round was mostly completed this evening Lowry has a two stroke lead on the field. Though he still has four holes to complete for the third round, it looks as though he will go into Sunday's final round with the lead. Does he have the nerves to withstand the pressure and win the big prize?

Betson

It would be great to see him do it , he comes across as a very decent skin but a long way to go yet and unfortunately I just don't think he will be able to do it.

owedtojoy

Can or will Shane Lowry make history and become the first golfer from the ROI to Win the US Open? As the third round was mostly completed this evening Lowry has a two stroke lead on the field. Though he still has four holes to complete for the third round, it looks as though he will go into Sunday's final round with the lead. Does he have the nerves to withstand the pressure and win the big prize?
Paraic Harrington, Rory McIlroy, Darren Clarke and Graham McDowell have all won major championships, and are from the island of Ireland.

Harrington was the first non-American to win the US PGA title since 1930.

To win from the front in golf needs skill and nerve. Lowry has both, and maybe some Irish luck will help him out as well.

mangaire2

US Open leader from ROI
he's Irish, & that's all that matters
of course the people of Offaly are especially proud of him.
& with McElroy, MacDowell, Clarke & Harrington, we certainly punch way above our weight in golf.

best of luck to Shane, today.
Go néirí leis.

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
Great to see Shane performing so well, but he is a class act and has the ability and game to win a major and it might even be today!

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com
Hon Shane Lowry! USGA refusing to rule against Dustin "I like cocaine and shagging my colleagues' wives" Johnson so the whole thing is up in the air.

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com
Paraic Harrington, Rory McIlroy, Darren Clarke and Graham McDowell have all won major championships, and are from the island of Ireland.

Harrington was the first non-American to win the US PGA title since 1930.

To win from the front in golf needs skill and nerve. Lowry has both, and maybe some Irish luck will help him out as well.
Hate to point it out to ya, owed, but Irish luck isn't the best. History buff like yourself ought to be aware of such a phenomenon. ;)

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com
Looking like a wee bit of that auld Irish luck found Shane Lowry.

Ireniall

Nordie or Cork - both are, after all, great :D
I think he's just a pure biffo. If it was hurling someone might have chopped him or something and then he'd go out in a rage and have it won before he calmed down but the golf is too civilised for that. We Irish should concentrate on the sports that suit us better like anything that involved insulting mothers-we'd be world champions lol. Anyway -he put up a good show and seems to be a coming player-but it's devilishly difficult and so many never win a major despite obviously having the talent. He's had two near misses now-hopefully this makes him a little better player.

Ex celt

He is a great grubber altogether. His munching on the 16th tee box could be heard on the 17th green where DJ was trying to line up his par putt.

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com
He is a great grubber altogether. His munching on the 16th tee box could be heard on the 17th green where DJ was trying to line up his par putt.
Gamesmanship?

redneck

Shane is a good golfer maybe a great one. But he needs to lose a stone and work on his conditioning.
Golf is no different to most other sports in that fitness and conditioning count in the last hour or the back 9 holes in Golf.

statsman

Bottled it completely.

Round tower

Hon Shane Lowry! USGA refusing to rule against Dustin "I like cocaine and shagging my colleagues' wives" Johnson so the whole thing is up in the air.
On the 12th, Johnson had a big slice of luck, he hit a shot into deep rough, there was a Television tower in his way between his ball and the green. So he was allowed a free drop 2 golf lengths away, which brought his ball out to the semi rough, but the tower was still in his way between his ball and the green. He was also in trouble on the 5th where it was deemed he had grounded his putter meaning the ball moved and he was only punished by 1 shot.

Seanie Lemass

Backed Johnson at just under evens on exchange when he was one shot up. Then I heard that there was question of him being penalised. which explained the value!

Luckily the tubby chap from Offaly's disastrous run from the 14th put an end to my worries :)

On more serious note, you would wonder if the nature of the way Saturday played out exposed his fitness? He looks like a Junior C corner forward.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies