• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

US Plans To Attack Iran in June

NJP

I received an e-mail today from a very concerned British based anti-war group regarding the Bush administration's plans to bomb Iran in June 2005 probably followed up by a US-UK invasion and attempted overthrow of the Iranian government.

The source of this information is the respected former UNSCOM inspector and anti-Iraq war campaigner Scott Ritter, who says the US government has already signed off plans for the attack on Iran.

See link http://www.ufppc.org/content/view/2295/2/

How will this look for Tony Blair and the British Labour party in an election year ?

Badnarik_Eire

The USA will be doing this one alone nobody is gonna beleive the boy who cried wolf when the USA says they are going after nukes.

badinage

I'm willing to bet €50 that the USA won't bomb Iran in June 2005, if you want to take me up on it NJP, and €100 that they won't invade over the next 4 years

pluralist

Disturbing if true but surely they would be more likely to use Israel as the proxy?

watch-this-drive

pluralist said:
Disturbing if true but surely they would be more likely to use Israel as the proxy?
Airstrikes are definately a possibility but not before some quick UN SC resolution attempts/IAEA.
Invasion not a chance.

I think your anti-war guy is struggling to be relevant in 2005

Badnarik_Eire

Nobody is expecting them to invade but they will bomb.

pluralist

watch-this-drive said:
pluralist said:
Airstrikes are definately a possibility but not before some quick UN SC resolution attempts/IAEA.
Invasion not a chance.

You seem quite relaxed about the possibility (of airstrikes)

If they are struck they will throw everything they can at Tel Aviv thus sparking a wider conflict probably.

Rocky

badinage said:
I'm willing to bet €50 that the USA won't bomb Iran in June 2005, if you want to take me up on it NJP, and €100 that they won't invade over the next 4 years
Can I join that bet as well. There is not a chance the U.S. will bomb or invade Iran in 2005. There still too busy in Iraq to bomb Iran.

watch-this-drive

pluralist said:
watch-this-drive said:
pluralist said:
Invasion not a chance.

You seem quite relaxed about the possibility (of airstrikes)

If they are struck they will throw everything they can at Tel Aviv thus sparking a wider conflict probably.

Well, Im quite relaxed because there is nothing I can do about it one way or the other...
it will be the last option not the first so it shouldnt happen - I agree Iran might have a go at Tel Aviv, but Israel definiately do have nukes so that might not happen either, I think they wont do it because the Iranian people would suppport the regieme more.

I think Germany (largest trade partner) and Russia (nuke tech supplier) have the power to put an end to their Nuke ambitions so the pressure will go from being on Iran to being on them

Badnarik_Eire

and all support for democracy in Iran will evaporate as they rally beind the regime. :)

pluralist

mjcoughlan said:
Wwll if the do bomb Iran, the Iranian regime will have brought it on themselves and I shall shed no tears.
Really, well in that case I am looking forward to Sharon getting a taste of his own medicine.

pluralist

watch-this-drive said:
Well, Im quite relaxed because there is nothing I can do about it one way or the other
easy to be relaxed if you're thousands of miles away I suppose.

Badnarik_Eire

Never fear the armchair generals are here.

mjcoughlan

Website
www.bebo.com
Badnarik_Eire said:
and all support for democracy in Iran will evaporate as they rally beind the regime. :)
Well the same thing applies for all these Islamic countries. These despotic, evil, murserous regimes cannot be permitted to abuse human rights and, at the same time, pose a serious threat to people bouth inside and outside their country. The UN appears to do nothing about these countries. On the contrary it rewards depotic regimes by putting them into influential bodies like the Human Rights Commission for example.

Ideally, in any country where there is a tendency for civil liberties to be ignored; freedom and liberal democracy most be imposed on them and their God-given rights as human beings must be guaranteed.

Badnarik_Eire

So we should regime change Israel too then they abuse human rights

We are not qualified to impose anything on anybody.

mjcoughlan

Website
www.bebo.com
Badnarik_Eire said:
So we should regime change Israel too then they abuse human rights.
No, that's just being lazy. Anything Israel does is in self defence from the terrorists and suicide bombers who seek to create an Arab-Islamic state, repress women and murder Jews in that region.

Why not?

Badnarik_Eire

mjcoughlan said:
Badnarik_Eire said:
So we should regime change Israel too then they abuse human rights.
No, that's just being lazy. Anything Israel does is in self defence from the terrorists and suicide bombers who seek to create an Arab-Islamic state, repress women and murder Jews in that region.

Why not?
I was refering to indiscriminant bombing.

Were not qualified because we tried to change other countries systems before with our arrogent white mans burden attitude in the 19th century and look at the state of those countries now.

I could go into dozens of cases of interference havin bad effects but the biggest is Afganistan where bin ladens group that was US backed cam back to attack them.

mjcoughlan

Website
www.bebo.com
Libero said:
mjcoughlan said:
No, that's just being lazy. Anything Israel does is in self defence from the terrorists and suicide bombers...
Irony, thy name is MJ.
Moral relativism is one of the chief enemies of our way of life. It's fundamental effect is to excuse the inexcusable, to justify what is clearly evil and to make us feel ashamed of ourselves.