US politics: much more forceful than ours, Dem Gov shoots Obama's bill with real gun

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
In general US politics is a lot more confrontational / forceful / hyperbolic than ours

West Virginia Gov. Joe Manchin, the state's Democratic Senate nominee feels the need to show that he is against some of "city boy" Obama's policies ... and so starts a shootin' at the Cap and Trade bill

Manchin actually puts a bullet through Cap and Trade bill – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIJORBRpOPM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Dead Aim - Joe Manchin for West Virginia TV Ad[/ame]

Is thsia good or bad aspect of US politics ?

cYp

Cato

Oh, and the chap referred to in the OP is an idiot.

Cato

A couple of posts seemed to disappear there. What happened?

Goober

Unfortunately, just like the hypocritical Blue Dog Democrats that you don’t hear much about nowadays, when it actually comes to standing up against the Obama/Pelosi/Reid triforce of Progressive reform, Gov. Joe Manchin will be switching out his ammunition and only shooting blanks.

Isn’t electioneering grand. You can lie your arse off, and not be held accountable for your prevarications until years later when elections come around again.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Unfortunately, just like the hypocritical Blue Dog Democrats that you don’t hear much about nowadays, when it actually comes to standing up against the Obama/Pelosi/Reid triforce of Progressive reform, Gov. Joe Manchin will be switching out his ammunition and only shooting blanks.

Isn’t electioneering grand. You can lie your arse off, and not be held accountable for your prevarications until years later when elections come around again.
Glad to hear it.

kerdasi amaq

NYCKY

The ad seems to have worked, last I heard Manchin had surged into a 10 pt lead. Seems Obamas coattails have shrunk.

TonyBird

Mr Manchin is a clever man .He dosent overestimate the intelligence of his audience . He must surely have a career in the american media if he dosent get elected . Though to be honest , I will be surprised if that man is not president within ten years .

andrejsv

Heck, that message was effective, if the election was held today ( I had no time to check on him, or was too lazy to do it) I would vote for him...and I'm a Republican!
sad to realize I am so easily swayed. Good ad.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies