US Presidential Election 2020 - The Democratic Candidate for President

razorblade

The dems are very weak at the moment its definitely going to be a 2nd term for Trump.

Clanrickard

So who will be the US Democratic Candidate for President in 2020?

There's no question in my mind that Hillary Clinton will be the candidate, yet again.

The Clinton's control over the DNC is almost complete through their man - DNC chair Tom Perez.
Rep. Keith Ellison was sidelined early on https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/34500247/tom-perez-becomes-the-new-national-chair-of-the-democratic-party/

Perez has been pushing pro-Ellison members out of key positions in the DNC. This is to ensure Hillary Clinton gets the nomination, no questions asked.

Progressives’ Anger Over Key Committee Appointments Roils Democratic Party Meeting
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tom-perez-ousts-keith-ellison-loyalists_us_59ea6a44e4b0a484d0634a08

The media mantra will be "Only Hillary Clinton can beat Donald Trump" and away it goes again.
Zoo.

Goa Tse

Trump is gonna run as a Dem in 2020.
And win. Bigly.

He knows all the best Democrats. The best. Believe me. There's no-one knows more about the Democrats than Trump.

(joke response for a joke thread)

HarshBuzz

There is zero chance HRC runs again. What an odd OP.

HarshBuzz

They need a young (i.e. <50) centrist.

owedtojoy

So who will be the US Democratic Candidate for President in 2020?

There's no question in my mind that Hillary Clinton will be the candidate, yet again.

The Clinton's control over the DNC is almost complete through their man - DNC chair Tom Perez.
Rep. Keith Ellison was sidelined early on https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/34500247/tom-perez-becomes-the-new-national-chair-of-the-democratic-party/

Perez has been pushing pro-Ellison members out of key positions in the DNC. This is to ensure Hillary Clinton gets the nomination, no questions asked.

Progressives’ Anger Over Key Committee Appointments Roils Democratic Party Meeting
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tom-perez-ousts-keith-ellison-loyalists_us_59ea6a44e4b0a484d0634a08

The media mantra will be "Only Hillary Clinton can beat Donald Trump" and away it goes again.
Zoo^2

Shyte of the Year so far.

Mick Mac

Hillary can't run because nobody wants her. Her own party got burned.

God knows who'll they pick . Creepy Joe would be a disaster. But it's open for everyone to try their hand such is the disarray in show.

Jack Walsh

Hillary can't run because nobody wants her. Her own party got burned.

God knows who'll they pick . Creepy Joe would be a disaster. But it's open for everyone to try their hand such is the disarray in show.
Senate seat won in Alabama
House seat won in PA that had previously been a 30% plus GOP gimme
Two GOP Gubernatorial trouncings in Virginia and Jersey
Multiple state election seats flipped, even in the deepest of GOP heartlands
A massive 23% shift to Dems in all elections held since Trump elected

If that's disarray, God Help Trump and GOP if they get organised :shock:

Paddyc

Senate seat won in Alabama
House seat won in PA that had previously been a 30% plus GOP gimme
Two GOP Gubernatorial trouncings in Virginia and Jersey
Multiple state election seats flipped, even in the deepest of GOP heartlands
A massive 23% shift to Dems in all elections held since Trump elected

If that's disarray, God Help Trump and GOP if they get organised :shock:
The Democrats biggest problem is the excess of zeal, that too many people are putting themselves forward in primaries, especially "jungle" primaries like in California.

The Republicans have learned that lesson and since "Sloppy" Steve Bannon (c) Donald Trump 2017 got his marching orders and has been exiled to Europe, none of their candidates taking on a Democratic incumbent has a challenger.

Interesting times ahead, as always with Trump in the White House.

GabhaDubh

Please, Hillary run.

CatullusV

She had pretty much everything going for her in 2016 and managed to lose. I see no reason whatever to run in 2020.

TheCitizen

The Democrats need to find a new, young political leader who will 'bring the country together'.

I would imagine some in the party would be looking at Conor Lamb's recent victory with interest. He's charismatic, has an impressive pedigree (US Marines, Federal Prosecutor), and every time I saw him interviewed he handled himself very well.

He also, crucially, is a moderate who could attract many Republican voters sickened by Trump.

Lamb is only 33 so 2020 is too soon for him, but give him a few years.

The Nal

We'll see after the midterms but hopefully a Corey Booker and Kamala Harris/Kirsten Gillibrand/Liz Warren combo.

There literally isn't a hope in hell of Hilary anywhere near 2020.

Paddyc

The Democrats need to find a new, young political leader who will 'bring the country together'.

I would imagine some in the party would be looking at Conor Lamb's recent victory with interest. He's charismatic, has an impressive pedigree (US Marines, Federal Prosecutor), and every time I saw him interviewed he handled himself very well.

He also, crucially, is a moderate who could attract many Republican voters sickened by Trump.

Lamb is only 33 so 2020 is too soon for him, but give him a few years.
I'd have a look at John Bel Edwards

He's not young, but he does have military experience (82nd Airborne) and is pro-gun and pro-life.

He's the most popular Democratic Governor and that's in a Red State like Louisiana.

Analyzer

Analyzer

GabhaDubh