US Presidential Election 2020 - The Democratic Candidate for President

constitutionus

It's hilarious the state the dems are in that people can title videos "kamala Harris quits 2020 race while dem lead bites wife on stage"

And be FACTUALLY correct.

๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

NYCKY

Hopefully Harris withdrawal will precipitate a slew and whittle it down to 4-5 realistic candidates

It really is hard to put one's finger on where it went wrong for her, she came out of the first debate on fire and was at least briefly both the favourite and front runner, but within weeks she was slipping badly.

What has happened Warren in last few weeks looks a mirror image and while not dead, she is in serious trouble.
It is so hard in these races to regain momentum

I feel Booker might get a small boost from her followers, but if he doesn't he surely has to also call it a day.

Good luck to Harris, I would think we have not seen the last of her, she is formidable and able

There are too many candidates still in the race and agree that most of them should drop out soon. Many have been in the race for close to a year and also polling in low single digits, struggling with fund raising and endorsements.

I think the California primary filing deadline might have had something to do with her decision. The deadline is this month, she could have filed and dropped out after Iowa and remained on the ballot but either way, by dropping out now, she likely avoids an embarrassing huge home state defeat.

GabhaDubh

There are too many candidates still in the race and agree that most of them should drop out soon. Many have been in the race for close to a year and also polling in low single digits, struggling with fund raising and endorsements.

I think the California primary filing deadline might have had something to do with her decision. The deadline is this month, she could have filed and dropped out after Iowa and remained on the ballot but either way, by dropping out now, she likely avoids an embarrassing huge home state defeat.
She had polled in fourth place in her home State and did not receive critical endorsements, writing was on the wall. A mere $25 million vanity exercise.

Last edited:

jmcc

At just 55 she is young and has time on her side. She should try again in 20 years at a more appropriate age. ๐Ÿ˜‚
According to SNL, she's everybody's favourite aunt. :) Good Trump and Biden are still there.

constitutionus

Didn't her California campaign manager quit to go work for Bloomberg?

Wasn't exactly a great sign either :)

NYCKY

Didn't her California campaign manager quit to go work for Bloomberg?

Wasn't exactly a great sign either :)

Yes, well not the campaign manager but a senior aide and she quit with a scathing letter that she made public. She had never encountered a campaign that was run so badly.

silverharp

Yes, well not the campaign manager but a senior aide and she quit with a scathing letter that she made public. She had never encountered a campaign that was run so badly.
her sister was a weak link i believe , but didnt have the balls to fire her

Betson

Warren will be the nominee, while there are still no guarantees he will win , it will be the best outcome Trump could have hoped for.

what the whole process has shown is just how weak the democratic field was.

so weak in fact that Hilary may yet join the race.

NYCKY

Warren will be the nominee, while there are still no guarantees he will win , it will be the best outcome Trump could have hoped for.

what the whole process has shown is just how weak the democratic field was.

so weak in fact that Hilary may yet join the race.
It is definitely looking good for Warren, at least for the Democratic nomination but I wouldn't count the others out just yet, Biden or Sanders or even Buttigieg. We are literally today two months from Iowa and while there is time for someone else to emerge, the nominee is likely to be someone from this four. If I was in Warren's camp I would be singing "it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas". That said, Bloomberg, Booker, Kloubacher could get a late surge and while not winning claim second place in an early state, or even win it, it's not unprecedented.

To your point, it does point to the weakness of the field, that the Democratic party of today that has assembled a much vaunted coalition of millennials and minorities is currently stuck with four front runners, all of whom are white, three of whom are male and three of them are in their 70s. When the polling is broken down, Biden does best with older voters while Warren and Sanders do better with younger voters. It really depends on who turns up to vote but history has shown us that older people are better at turning up to vote.

Jack Walsh

It is definitely looking good for Warren, at least for the Democratic nomination but I wouldn't count the others out just yet, Biden or Sanders or even Buttigieg. We are literally today two months from Iowa and while there is time for someone else to emerge, the nominee is likely to be someone from this four. If I was in Warren's camp I would be singing "it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas". That said, Bloomberg, Booker, Kloubacher could get a late surge and while not winning claim second place in an early state, or even win it, it's not unprecedented.

To your point, it does point to the weakness of the field, that the Democratic party of today that has assembled a much vaunted coalition of millennials and minorities is currently stuck with four front runners, all of whom are white, three of whom are male and three of them are in their 70s. When the polling is broken down, Biden does best with older voters while Warren and Sanders do better with younger voters. It really depends on who turns up to vote but history has shown us that older people are better at turning up to vote.
?
Her polling numbers have dropped dramatically and she has gone from a 5/6 favourite 6 weeks ago to 9/2 now

She's not out of it but to suggest things are currently "definitely looking good for her" is bizarre.

It's sad to see Biden and Bernie campaigning when they have "no chance, zero"
If only they had Irish clairvoyants and blowhard pundits on their campaigns instead of dozens of the best and experienced campaign staff in America, they'd realise it is all totally futile and pack it in

silverharp

Bernie has zero chance nada, zilch. Biden wont be their final pick , he will drop out even if he is still doing ok polls wise. Iโ€™d like him to get through , he would be the most amusing against Trump for the debates, it would be glorious.

silverharp

Time for Jack and Owed to dust off the 'never seen so many white people in one place' phrase when DNC debate night comes.
does Warren not count as person of colour?

New Threads

Most Replies