US Presidential Election 2020 - The Democratic Candidate for President

Dame_Enda

Gabbard-Hirono clash shocks Hawaii | TheHill

.....The Hawaii delegation in Congress has long been known as one of the most tightly-knit in Washington, but that tradition was shattered this week when Rep. Tulsi Gabbard publicly criticized fellow Democrat Sen. Mazie Hirono’s questioning of a judicial nominee.

Gabbard, who announced Friday that she has decided to run for president in 2020, made headlines and provoked an irritated response from Hirono earlier in the week by implicitly accusing the senator and other Democrats in an op-ed published in The Hill of having “weaponized religion for their own selfish gain” in their questioning.

While Gabbard did not mention Hirono by name, her fellow Hawaiian clearly saw the op-ed as a friendly fire attack.

Hirono, an outspoken critic of President Trump, returned the fire in a statement that dinged Gabbard for giving ammo to Trump’s right-wing allies.

“Over the past two years, the Senator has been attacked by right wing ideologues for her examination of Donald Trump’s ideologically-driven nominees to the courts. It is unfortunate that Congresswoman Gabbard based her misguided opinion on the far-right wing manipulation of these straightforward questions,” Will Dempster, Hirono’s spokesman, said in a statement. .....

Jack Walsh

Watch and laugh...............

[video=youtube;2gRYC67qTpc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gRYC67qTpc[/video]

[video=youtube;adsd6L-35tg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adsd6L-35tg[/video]

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/10/is_alexandria_ocasiocortez_the_dumbest_politician_ in_america.html

This one is the best. A total airhead.

[video=youtube;t_TYZ6VRNNg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_TYZ6VRNNg[/video]
She was an outstanding student at High School and also at College and graduated cum laude, but I assume a potpourri of FOX hatchet jobs disproves all of this and makes her an airhead.

bokuden

She was an outstanding student at High School and also at College and graduated cum laude, but I assume a potpourri of FOX hatchet jobs disproves all of this and makes her an airhead.
Why bother thinking for yourself when Fox news can do it for you? it's the Clanrickard way.

midlander12

Unusual about Gabbard is that she is very much foreign-policy focused.

[TWEET]1083952124113780737[/TWEET]

Not Tulsi Time - Lawyers, Guns Money

I think Gabbard's candidacy is great - because the party needs a variety of views, and needs to be shaken out of stale positions. This is probably not Gabbard's turn, though, but she might be one for the future.
She can afford to be foreign policy-focussed because of her Hawaiian background and her super-safe seat. She certainly has an unusual background - the first Samoan-American and the first Hindu to sit in Congress. Funnily enough the Hindu bit comes from her white American mother, a convert presumably. Her father is a serious Catholic and was formerly a Republican local pol in Hawaii with very anti-LGBT views, which is where her earlier stances on this issue must have come from. To be fair she changed her views on this in 2012 or earlier and came out in support of SSM. She had been serving in Iraq before that, interrupting her local political career to do so.

The contacts with the Assad regime (which included a controversial visit there in 2017) are more problematic - her views seem to be based on the 'he's a mass-murderer but at least a secular one' school of thought. It's at least realistic in the sense that there is no viable non-Islamist alternative in Syria. She has a history of extreme antipathy to Saudi Arabia and Islamofascists in general which certainly gets my vote. I definitely wouldn't write her off.

Tulsi Gabbard - Wikipedia

Mike Gabbard - Wikipedia

firefly123

it's not exactly like the LGBT community are going to vote republican enmasse or the evangelicals will support a Christian democrat candidate

midlander12

it's not exactly like the LGBT community are going to vote republican enmasse or the evangelicals will support a Christian democrat candidate
Of course not - it's a non-issue. Even Obama didn't support gay marriage until around 2012 or so.

firefly123

The Loolaa religious market is not an issue. It's gone. It has a trump messiah and they don't care if he's been a very naughty boy it's following the gourd.

You are looking for middle ground and a motivated middle ground to come out and vote. Gabbard could be motivational and i would just love trump debating with a decorated veteran about things. The optics. Oh boy.

Last edited:

owedtojoy

Bad form, and stupid move by Gabbard. A pretty dumb way to gather funding and supporters.

It reminds me of her meeting with Trump in the early days of Administration, about a "job". Trump of course was just playing her, and she ended up looking foolish. If she has learned nothing from that, she should stick to being a Congressman.

Last edited:

owedtojoy

In the Fox mythology, she only got to Boston University because of Affirmative Action. The vacuous blondes and suited airheads who populate Fox News convince themselves they are really, really much smarter.

owedtojoy

owedtojoy

I notice Gabbard's odds have shortened to 19/1 for becoming President in 2020.

Better than Warren who is 24/1

Castro is 141/1

Still Harris 7/1, Beto O'Rourke 8/1, Joe Biden 13/1, Bernie Sanders 32/1 ...

Trump 2/1 ....

Last edited:

jmcc

I notice Gabbard's odds have shortened to 19/1 for becoming President in 2020.

Better than Warren who is 24/1

Castro is 332/1

Still Harris 7/1, Beto O'Rourke 8/1, Joe Biden 13/1, Bernie Sanders 32/1 ...

Trump 2/1 ....
Cue Jack Walsh's exposition on who will win the 2020 election based on his/her betting. :)

owedtojoy

FiveThirtyEight do a five-sided figure to illustrate the factions of the Democratic Party. The coloured figure indicates how each candidate covers the five e.g. Biden, Brown and Warren are skewed to the Left, Biden, Brown and Klobuchar towards Party Loyalists, Harris and Booker towards Blacks, and Castro towards Hispanics.

Kirsten Gillibrand has a well-balanced but small support.

Harris at the moment looks to have the biggest support, and she is Favourite in the Betting Markets.

BUT she may suffer from "The Curse of the Front Runner", as well as Biden, - the one the others concentrate their fire on.

The 5 Corners Of The 2020 Democratic Primary | FiveThirtyEight

Clanrickard

Why bother thinking for yourself when Fox news can do it for you? it's the Clanrickard way.
If it was comments by a Fox reporter fine but this was her words out of her own mouth. Both of you two simpletons are annoyed that a seemingly squeaky clean PC heroine is turning out to be a vacuous lightweight.

Clanrickard

In the Fox mythology, she only got to Boston University because of Affirmative Action. The vacuous blondes and suited airheads who populate Fox News convince themselves they are really, really much smarter.
Did you watch the clips I posted? Do you think she comes across as smart and well informed?

Clanrickard

My point was owedtojoy thinking she was great , yet he would be foaming at the mouth with outrage if it was a Republican with those views , supporting Russian attacks in Syria , meeting Assad , staunch critic of Obama foreign policy etc .

Interestingly she can cite Steve Bannon as one of her supporters when it comes to foreign policy as has praised her stances in the past. Maybe Steve can stump for her on the campaign trail and we will have Owedtojoy and Jack Walsh on here telling us how great Steve Bannon is now that he is on their side.
If Bannon is on her side that is good for her. Bannon is right on the money when it comes to foreign policy.

Jack Walsh

Cue Jack Walsh's exposition on who will win the 2020 election based on his/her betting. :)
Given you Bullsh*tted the most feeble minded idiots on this site that you actually had invented a a robust and almost entirely accurate mathematical model to predict not just elections, but major political and geopolitical events years in advance, you really have a nerve.

You'll be on here in November 2020, banging on about how the election went exactly as your model had predicted in 2018, and you'll have a few simpletons believing your tripe.
But that's all you need to feed your gigantic ego.

jmcc's great event predicting model
100% accurate in predicting outcomes after they have occurred.

Trump at 2/1 is lousy value, but bookies make their best money from rubes (laying Le Pen two years ago at 6/4 was borderline theft, but the rubes just kept taking it)

Your average Trump supporter would back Trump at 1/10 and think he was on a good thing

[video=youtube;X3i0kGcmGRU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3i0kGcmGRU[/video]