US Presidential Election 2020 - The Democratic Candidate for President

firefly123

In light of the accusations of rape against Biden, where do you stand in relation to #MeToo?

Can you answer I wonder.
You"ll hit your end of month target way too fast if you keep this pace up!

Slow down lad.

O'Sullivan Bere

Well, this defamation is ageing nicely....

A claim in a Law&Crime story by a woman named Eva Murry – who alleged that former Vice President Joe Biden complimented her breasts when she was only 14 years old at a political event – has been debunked by the event’s organizer, newspaper articles from the time, and Biden’s own calendar.
However, Murry’s aunt – Biden’s former political opponent – alleges it might have happened on a different year. Christine O’Donnell, Murry’s aunt, claimed on Facebook that the incident might have happened in 2007 or 2009 instead. O’Donnell is the former U.S. Senate tea party associated candidate who controversially declared that she had “dabbled into witchcraft.” She later insisted, “I’m not a witch.” Evidence then emerged that Biden was in Iowa in 2007 . . .
A person asked O’Donnell on the comment thread why she didn’t report the allegation to authorities at the time. She responded: "My niece asked me not to. I had to respect her wishes." . . . A man wrote on the comment thread, “He was at the hospital having surgery. Maybe he got there by witchcraft,” to which O’Donnell responded, “Did you see the proof? And would if she got her years mixed up? Would it matter if it was 2007 not 2008?"

NYCKY

It was good that Biden finally came out and personally denied the allegations, it was getting embarrassing that he had his female surrogates (many vying for the running mate slot) having to publicly defend him while he was silent, bunkered up in his Delaware basement. Frankly it was about time but not sure he did enough.

owedtojoy

It was good that Biden finally came out and personally denied the allegations, it was getting embarrassing that he had his female surrogates (many vying for the running mate slot) having to publicly defend him while he was silent, bunkered up in his Delaware basement. Frankly it was about time but not sure he did enough.
I suppose if he said she was not attractive enough for him to molest you would be hailing him as great Presidential material?

How come you think Trump "did enough" to refute allegations, but Biden did not?

livingstone

The two things that simply don't ring true about Reade's claims remain:

1. That her complaint did not include the sexual assault.

I understand victims not reporting incidents against them. The reasons for that are well documented. They feel trauma or hopelessness or fear. So they don't report or complain. But what is harder to understand is the willingness to report or complain but not give details about the most damning incident. There seems to be two reasons Reade might have made her complaint. Either she resigned herself to the idea that little would be done but wanted the closure/catharsis of having put her complaint on record; or she actively wanted accountability for the wrongs that had been done to her. Either way, it doesn't make sense to leave off the most damning incident that might form part of her complaint. If she had worked herself up to being willing to complain about Biden, had accepted all of the downsides that a victim faces when complaining - career limitations, a sense of nothing being done, fear of retribution etc - why would she not throw all of her ammo at it?

Not complaining is understandable. Complaining but not about the most serious incident is much less understandable.

2. Her positive comments about Biden afterwards.

Again, many victims do not raise their experiences in public. They do not often spend their time lambasting or attacking their attackers. But they usually do not praise them either - especially their record on addressing violence against women. That just doesn't ring true.

NYCKY

I suppose if he said she was not attractive enough for him to molest you would be hailing him as great Presidential material?

How come you think Trump "did enough" to refute allegations, but Biden did not?

That has nothing at all to do with my post, pure strawman stuff. Why does everything always come back to Trump? Maybe it's something to do with the whole premise of Biden's campaign is that Trump is worse.

If you care to address my point, don't you think it's good that Biden finally came out and addressed the problem himself rather than letting his female surrogates twist in the wind while doing it for him?

Wasps

It's a tactical judgement.

Addressing it risks giving it undue oxygen, not doing so risks appearing evasive.

Trump and his camp followers would like nothing better than to take the contest to the gutter.
Flood the zone with sh1t, as Bannon said.

Biden will be looking to avoid this, particularly himself personally.
He will look to leave his surrogates to deal with that as much as possible, limiting his own interventions to infrequent, clear statements.

In a contest of credibility, what I have seen out there regarding his accuser does not auger well for her.

silverharp

You have the most appalling record of any current active poster on P.ie of deliberately and maliciously posting fabricated and doctored videos.
A ****ing moron can see that Biden video posted by Cernovich has been doctored.
I was going more for the Jon Stewart video underneath but what do you mean by doctored? there are so many videos of kids pushing awkwardly away from Biden. if you can post the same videos where they aren't?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom