US Presidential Election 2020 - The Democratic Candidate for President

midlander12

I'm astonished this Quinnipiac poll from last week didn't get a bigger airing.
Simply dire numbers for Trump

51% definitely will not vote for him, only 31% definitely will.
In Florida?
ffs!
That would be pretty extraordinary in Florida, which along with Ohio would strike me as the most likely 'swing' state t stay GOP. As for Biden's lead over fellow Dems, the following section of the poll tells its own story (and by the way Booker and Harris were in the high 40's on the same list) :-

'The possible candidates about whom Florida voters have not heard enough include:
  • Former U.S. Rep. Beto O'Rourke of Texas - 56 percent haven't heard enough;
  • U.S. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York - 67 percent;
  • U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota - 72 percent;
  • Former Gov. John Hickenlooper of Colorado - 85 percent;
  • Washington Gov. Jay Inslee - 90 percent.
These numbers will reduce dramatically when the primaries start in January, and then we'll have a nomination. By contrast, Trump, Biden and Sanders have already all been heard 'enough of' by over 85%.

And as another poster had pointed out, previous Presidents' ratings were probably no better at the start of their third year.

owedtojoy

I'm astonished this Quinnipiac poll from last week didn't get a bigger airing.
Simply dire numbers for Trump

51% definitely will not vote for him, only 31% definitely will.
In Florida?
ffs!
Among Independents, who will probably decide the election,

49% Definitely Not Vote for Trump, 21% Definitely Vote For, 24% Would Consider It​
Trump Job Approval 55% Disapprove, 35% Approve​

This suggests to me that Trump has a path to re-election if he beefs up his appeal to Independent voters. However, on the evidence so far, he has not the slightest intention of doing that.

Among Hispanics, many of whom lean conservative in Florida,

51% Definitely Not Vote for Trump, 21% Definitely Vote For, 19% Would Consider It​
Trump Job Approval 58% Disapprove, 36% Approve​
Addenum: Andrew Gillum, the charismatic candidate who was defeated for Governor in 2018 by a smaller margin than O'Rourke lost in Texas is staying in the fight to turn Florida blue in 2020.

Last edited: