US Raids And Mass Deportations About To Start "fairly soon"

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

Last edited:

Lagertha

An illegal immigrant is someone who is in a country having broken the immigration laws. They aren't ''undocumented'' and changing the label doesn't make them any more legitimate. Yes America was built on the backs of immigrants, but that was in a different century when America needed unskilled cheap foreign labour, that's not the case anymore. It doesn't matter that someone from a poor country or a country that's having a civil war wants a better life, they don't have the right to enter a country illegally.

All citizens have the right to expect to feel safe in their country, regardless of what liberals in America believe. Tell it to the families of the victims of attacks by legal and illegal migrants over there that have been wounded or killed that they have a duty to these people and see how that goes down. I have no problem with illegal Irish migrants being sent home. A lot of Irish migrants would love to return home but they can't afford to access accomodation or live without benefits. Unlike the 777 illegal migrants being housed in hotels and B&B's here and whom the government has issued applications for NGO's to tender applications to help migrants access services sooner. Something's seriously wrong with the system.

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

An illegal immigrant is someone who is in a country having broken the immigration laws. They aren't ''undocumented'' and changing the label doesn't make them any more legitimate. Yes America was built on the backs of immigrants, but that was in a different century when America needed unskilled cheap foreign labour, that's not the case anymore. It doesn't matter that someone from a poor country or a country that's having a civil war wants a better life, they don't have the right to enter a country illegally.

All citizens have the right to expect to feel safe in their country, regardless of what liberals in America believe. Tell it to the families of the victims of attacks by legal and illegal migrants over there that have been wounded or killed that they have a duty to these people and see how that goes down. I have no problem with illegal Irish migrants being sent home. A lot of Irish migrants would love to return home but they can't afford to access accomodation or live without benefits. Unlike the 777 illegal migrants being housed in hotels and B&B's here and whom the government has issued applications for NGO's to tender applications to help migrants access services sooner. Something's seriously wrong with the system.
Where does it end? Does it have to get much worse before you wake up Lagertha?

Lagertha

Where does it end? Does it have to get much worse before you wake up Lagertha?
Wake up to what? An illegal migrant is an illegal migrant. It sounds like you might be the one who needs a wake up call. What's your problem, that I don't support illegal migrants in America or that I don't agree with the appalling squandering of taxpayer money on bogus migrants that the Irish government is doing. 7 million Euro spent on the 777 bogus migrants since September. How many houses would that have built? How many hospital doctors and nurses could that have paid for?

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

Wake up to what? An illegal migrant is an illegal migrant. It sounds like you might be the one who needs a wake up call. What's your problem, that I don't support illegal migrants in America or that I don't agree with the appalling squandering of taxpayer money on bogus migrants that the Irish government is doing. 7 million Euro spent on the 777 bogus migrants since September. How many houses would that have built? How many hospital doctors and nurses could that have paid for?
I get it you don't like migrants. Let me tell you what appalling squandering of taxpayer money looks like. Take a look at the national debt in Ireland. 7 million is not even a fraction of the interest paid every day for the orgy of greed that went on for years. And the interest rate we currently enjoy in Ireland is already ultra low thanks to the kindness of strangers. have you no shame?

Lagertha

I get it you don't like migrants. Let me tell you what appalling squandering of taxpayer money looks like. Take a look at the national debt in Ireland. 7 million is not even a fraction of the interest paid every day for the orgy of greed that went on for years. And the interest rate we currently enjoy in Ireland is already ultra low thanks to the kindness of strangers. have you no shame?
Oh bring out the worlds smallest violin or better still call Joe and tell him about De banks Joe, the banks. I'm sick and tired of liberals thinking it's great to throw money at scam artists in our country illegally at the expense of the people of Ireland. I don't like benefit tourists posing as asylum seekers. I don't like that we now have more than 40 Direct Provision centres and an additional 777 in hotels and B&B's on an island in the Atlantic with a population of less than 5 million people.

They aren't here because they love Ireland, they're here because of our generous welfare system and the fact that if they manage to string it out through the appeals system they'll get a house and more money per year on benefits than they ever would have earned working in Albania or Africa or Pakistan or Bangladesh and all the other safe countries that they came from. I met my new African fugee neighbours the other day.

Nice big 5 bedroom house the council did up for them. Fully furnished, brand new curtains, recently insulated and painted. They've money for cars, probably more disposable income than the rest of their neighbours, but hey, they're black so no questions asked, although it would be interesting to know how many failed appeals they had before they were allowed to stay. It would also be interesting to know how much the Council paid for the house when they bought it last year and what the cost of the renovations was and how much the bill for legal fees and accomodation for these people was?

owedtojoy

US President Donald Trump, can you believe it, has vowed start to roundup thousands of undocumented and migrants "fairly soon". Communities will be raided and people incarcerated in concentrations camps before being removed.

Who is going to provide shelter for these people? Where are the righteous among the nations?

Large scale deportations cannot be done without concentrating the detainees at some point for efficient mass transportation e.g. concentration camps, as they are really defined.

This will work wonders for the humanitarian image of the Trump administration.

Watcher2

Are you arguing against your own use of the term "concentration camp" by posting that link? I got as far as the sub title (or whatever you call the line under the articles title and decided not to proceed further. Just to be clear, I'm talking about this line:

"Rep. Ocasio-Cortez drew criticism from some Jewish groups and Holocaust researchers for using term to refer to detention camps in U.S."

HenryHorace

Excellent news. Hopefully the illegal Irish are also included in the round up. Trump is doing a fantastic job in defending his countries borders.

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

Oh bring out the worlds smallest violin or better still call Joe and tell him about De banks Joe, the banks. I'm sick and tired of liberals thinking it's great to throw money at scam artists in our country illegally at the expense of the people of Ireland. I don't like benefit tourists posing as asylum seekers. I don't like that we now have more than 40 Direct Provision centres and an additional 777 in hotels and B&B's on an island in the Atlantic with a population of less than 5 million people.

They aren't here because they love Ireland, they're here because of our generous welfare system and the fact that if they manage to string it out through the appeals system they'll get a house and more money per year on benefits than they ever would have earned working in Albania or Africa or Pakistan or Bangladesh and all the other safe countries that they came from. I met my new African fugee neighbours the other day.

Nice big 5 bedroom house the council did up for them. Fully furnished, brand new curtains, recently insulated and painted. They've money for cars, probably more disposable income than the rest of their neighbours, but hey, they're black so no questions asked, although it would be interesting to know how many failed appeals they had before they were allowed to stay. It would also be interesting to know how much the Council paid for the house when they bought it last year and what the cost of the renovations was and how much the bill for legal fees and accomodation for these people was?
you know what you just sound jealous. get on with your on life. the few migrants are not the cause of your misery.

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

Are you arguing against your own use of the term "concentration camp" by posting that link? I got as far as the sub title (or whatever you call the line under the articles title and decided not to proceed further. Just to be clear, I'm talking about this line:

"Rep. Ocasio-Cortez drew criticism from some Jewish groups and Holocaust researchers for using term to refer to detention camps in U.S."
I am with AOC on this, concentration camps and detention centers it's what they are. Whatever way you spin it, they are not holiday homes or campsites.

owedtojoy

Jews have no naming rights for concentration camps.

Concentration camps were used by the Spanish in Cuba and the British during the Boer War. These large camps were used for incarceration of the families of rebels or guerrillas.

The term entered usage for any large centre of incarceration in an enclosed space, that was not a normal prison within a legal system.

The Nazis obviously had concentration camps, but only a few camps were built to deliberately murder people on a mass scale by gassing - Treblinka, Belzec, Sobibor, Majdanek and Auschwitz-Birkenau.

Concentration camps should be distinguished from these "Death Camps". Though, the deaths rates in concentration camps (like Dachau, Buchenwald, Ravensbruck, Belsen etc) were enormous as the Nazis "did not strive, officiously to keep alive" the inmates.

Last edited:

Watcher2

I am with AOC on this, concentration camps and detention centers it's what they are. Whatever way you spin it, they are not holiday homes or campsites.

hahahahaha, she's an even bigger loud mouth and self promoter than our own Shane Ross. But OK. Maybe you like that kind of thing. Be careful with whom you align yourself, especially when it comes to politicians. Its not just our own who lie, abuse and misrepresent.

Watcher2

Jews have no naming rights for concentration camps.
Concentration camps should be distinguished from these "Death Camps". Though, the deaths rates in concentration camps (like Buchenwald, Ravensbruck, Belsen etc) were enormous as the Nazis "did not strive, officiously to keep alive" the inmates.
Indeed they don't. And yes, I know about death camps etc but the distinguishing features are not to what AOC is alluding. She knew exactly what she was saying when she used the term "concentration camps". As did the OP. And I suspect, the Jewish community too which is one of the reasons I bet they came out to knock her back.

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

hahahahaha, she's an even bigger loud mouth and self promoter than our own Shane Ross. But OK. Maybe you like that kind of thing. Be careful with whom you align yourself, especially when it comes to politicians. Its not just our own who lie, abuse and misrepresent.
Sure thing, and I am not going to align with the lying President of the United States Donald Trump on raids and mass deportations of civilians in the US.

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

Indeed they don't. And yes, I know about death camps etc but the distinguishing features are not to what AOC is alluding. She knew exactly what she was saying when she used the term "concentration camps". As did the OP. And I suspect, the Jewish community too which is one of the reasons I bet they came out to knock her back.
As already mentioned elsewhere on p.ie Neo-Nazis don't like to be called Neo-Nazis. So make sure to call them Neo-Nazis every step the way.

Watcher2

Sure thing, and I am not going to align with the lying President of the United States Donald Trump on raids and mass deportations of civilians in the US.
You can do one of two things then (or maybe you have a third and fourth?) but you either deport illegal immigrants, or you change the laws and make them citizens. I don't think any country in the world advocates the latter.

Doing nothing is not really an option.

Watcher2

As already mentioned elsewhere on p.ie Neo-Nazis don't like to be called Neo-Nazis. So make sure to call them Neo-Nazis every step the way.
Yeah, right so Ted. You could have had an argument but invoking the emotive "naziism" renders you a little too extreme with whom to have a sensible discussion.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies