• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

US Republicans

Jezza

I have been reading 'The Coldest Winter' (David alberstam p.2007), about the Korean War.

If you think the dilema of the Reps' in the recent election was a new thing it's an eye opener. On pages 173-4 it covers the dynamics of the 1948 Presidential Election.

I won't repeat loads of text, but the final sentence on the subject could be about Romney & his backers in 2012. "To (the Republican grassroots) the internationalists were fake Republicans. Eastern snobs, who had just enough skill to steal the nomination but never enough to win an election". It all but calls them the Tea Party & RINOs.

Well worth a read if, like me, you thought that the Reps' current double-bind was a recent development.

stopdoingstuff

I have been reading 'The Coldest Winter' (David alberstam p.2007), about the Korean War.

If you think the dilema of the Reps' in the recent election was a new thing it's an eye opener. On pages 173-4 it covers the dynamics of the 1948 Presidential Election.

I won't repeat loads of text, but the final sentence on the subject could be about Romney & his backers in 2012. "To (the Republican grassroots) the internationalists were fake Republicans. Eastern snobs, who had just enough skill to steal the nomination but never enough to win an election". It all but calls them the Tea Party & RINOs.

Well worth a read if, like me, you thought that the Reps' current double-bind was a recent development.
You make a great point. I recently watched the JFK V Nixon debates and it is amazing to see how little the talking points change.