• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

US teachers to receive armed response training.

Pat Gill

Website
www.energyco-ops.ie
Twitter
Pat_Gill
Us teachers are to receive training in armed response techniques,

Employment as an educator and a valid concealed carry permit in the applicant’s state of employment are the only prerequisites for the Armed Teacher Training Program, which will build on the basics taught in concealed carry classes.

BFA mentioned that “medical trauma care, mindset, general school security, etc.” may be covered in the training, but that the program “will focus primarily on armed response to an ‘active killer’ scenario.”

Over 1,000 Educators Apply for Buckeye Firearms Foundation’s Armed Teacher Training | Media Trackers Ohio
This follows the apparent success of an armed female resource teacher in stopping a massacre at the Sullivan Centre school a few days ago,
He told her to go on ahead of him. But she never made it through the doors.
Instead, Melanie Riden, principal of Sullivan Central, came striding through the locked doors.
“He pulled out his gun and started pointing it at people,” Thacker said.
Cowan trained a .380-caliber semi-automatic pistol at Riden’s face, said Sullivan County Sheriff Wayne Anderson. Carolyn Gudger, the school resource officer, drew her gun, then shielded the principal’s body with her own.
A full account of this assault, where the gunman was shot dead is here Gunman killed at Sullivan Central - TriCities.com: News

I can remember many a tough teacher in my day but I wouldn't have fancied them being armed.

Any teachers planning to emigrate to the USA ?

Can you imagine the union negotiations on that one.

Would gun control not be a better policy response.

Aindriu

This follows the apparent success of an armed female resource teacher in stopping a massacre at the Sullivan Centre school a few days ago,

A full account of this assault, where the gunman was shot dead is here Gunman killed at Sullivan Central - TriCities.com: News

I can remember many a tough teacher in my day but I wouldn't have fancied them being armed.

Good for her! I have to say though that the US attitude to firearms is totally fecked up.

'orebel

Goa Tse

"Teacher, Teacher, an bhfuil cead agam dul go dtí an . . . "

BLAM!!

"Anyone else wanna go to the bathroom? Didn't think so. Now where were we?

GrainneDee

Hard to believe what their priorities are. Better expose kids to guns every day in school than actually consider tightening access to guns...

Carl Claudius

Good for her! I have to say though that the US attitude to firearms is totally fecked up.
the media here conveniently forgets Dunblayne. I have worked in schools where a nutcase of a parent could enter the school in a dangerous rage and nobody would even bother ringing the guards.

Carl Claudius

Hard to believe what their priorities are. Better expose kids to guns every day in school than actually consider tightening access to guns...
didn't some kid shoot his own father on this island recently. we need stricter gun control here perhaps?

Hitch 22

How many times do numbskulls like you have to be told the truth?

There are already hundreds of millions of firearms out there and there is no way in hell all of them are going to be handed in to law enforcement.

Even if the strictest controls possible were introduced it would not deter criminals from breaking the law and getting their hands on weapons.

Gun laws do not keep guns out of the hands of people who ignore the law.

Schools have been attacked because they are gun free zones with no risk of anyone shooting back.

Psychos who want high body counts do not want to be shot dead before they rack one up.

Arming teachers will be some deterrent against psycho killers and potentially save lives.

Kev408

Maybe the Irish Army Rangers from another thread should tender for the training job.

Hitch 22

It is easy to demonstrate that a lack of guns does prevent people having them.
Not when the horse has already bolted you idiot.

Hundreds of millions of guns! It's a bit late in the day to be even talking about gun control.

Back in the real world the grown ups deal with the world as it is and not how they would like it to be in a dreamland utopia.

Your solution is to bring NO gun to the gunfight.

Last edited:

Hitch 22

There is as big a difference between a shotgun and a semi-automatic weapon as there is between a knife and a spoon.
A gunman armed with a 12 gauge shot gun and a few boxes of ammo could kill just as many as the Newtown shooter.

Carl Claudius

A gunman armed with a 12 gauge shot gun and a few boxes of ammo could kill just as many as the Newtown shooter.
but just like a madman shot kids in a school in scotland it does not fit in with the popular image that americans are gun mad. that is the agenda here.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies