USA announces a 6th wing to the military...space force

gijoe

What I want to know is when will they start recruiting for 'Space Cadets'? I know a number of posters on here who would be prime candidates!!

Nemesiscorporation

https://www.independent.ie/world-ne...reparation-for-next-battlefield-37202658.html

The White House has announced ambitious plans to create the US Space Force as a sixth, separate military warfighting service by 2020.

The proposal taps into the American public’s long fascination with space but with a military focus, and faces daunting hurdles.

What does the future hold.

Will we need permission to launch a satellite.

As technology moves on ,targets and weapon's can be launched from outside the earths atmosphere.

Is it a free for all or will each country own a little bit.

Mr Pence described space as a domain that was once peaceful and uncontested but has now become crowded and adversarial.

Does that mean we will see a few satellite's being knocked out of orbit.
The Swharz is strong with Trump.

PC Principle

It’s adventurous. Progressive. Ambitious. Productive. Inventive. Ground breaking. Big thinking in action. Industrial.

All the things Ireland isn’t and why it’s such an insignificant feeble kip with perpetual lemmings for voters that never demand more from their perpetually useless government class.

USA. Simply the best country to ever exist. :)

Keep on being good at nothing Ireland. You can only bîtçh and moan well from your over priced basements.

firefly123

It’s adventurous. Progressive. Ambitious. Productive. Inventive. Ground breaking. Big thinking in action. Industrial.

All the things Ireland isn’t and why it’s such an insignificant feeble kip with perpetual lemmings for voters that never demand more from their perpetually useless government class.

USA. Simply the best country to ever exist. :)

Keep on being good at nothing Ireland. You can only bîtçh and moan well from your over priced beasements.
I'm all for space exploration. I am for sending people out there. Bases on the moon. Mars colony.
I firmly believe it's the only way to ensure our survival as a species.
I just don't see the benefit of duplicating roles like this.
It seems inefficient y'know.

PC Principle

Seriously. Grown men saying they want to create a 'space force'...this is ridiculous.
Says more about you than anybody else.

It’s called evolution. You should read up on it.

Air Force would have sounded wild back in the day too. Ireland should try give it a go. I can understand why American ambition baffles Irish people.

It’s an alien concept. Pun intended.

Last edited:

PC Principle

I'm all for space exploration. I am for sending people out there. Bases on the moon. Mars colony.
I firmly believe it's the only way to ensure our survival as a species.
I just don't see the benefit of duplicating roles like this.
It seems inefficient y'know.
Fair enough. But experts in America seem to disagree.

Russian and China have similar ambitions and so this is a very necessary move by America to make sure it dominates space too. Technology is advancing and it’s only a matter of time before humans challenge to dominate space.

I really don’t see an issue with this.

firefly123

Russian and China have similar ambitions and so this is a very necessary move by America to make sure it dominates space too. Technology is advancing and it’s only a matter of time before humans challenge to dominate space.

We are competitive. It brings out the best and worst in us. If a bit of competition gets us off our arse and out there then I'm all for it.
Seems a shame we can't cooperate but that's how the world is I suppose.

PC Principle

We are competitive. It brings out the best and worst in us. If a bit of competition gets us off our arse and out there then I'm all for it.
Seems a shame we can't cooperate but that's how the world is I suppose.
Well, that’s fair.

In my view, I’d be more disturbed if the USA WASN’T establishing a Space Force.

It’s both logical and smart, therefore ensuring early mover dominance which places the USA in a great position for survival from its enemies and from being superseded in its earthly position of dominance. Think about al those satellites that are crucial to out every days life’s they are effectively unprotected. If certain satellites were attacked we could all say good bye to our internet and even cellular communications. That’s even before we get to the satellites that the military rely upon.

It’s actually crazy to not have a space force.

It’s actually irresponsible to NOT have the ambition of dominating space.

Last edited:

Alan Alda

You dont see an issue with nations,unilaterally sending weaponry into space ?

Youd be fine with Russia doing it ? And China and the rest?

Half Nelson

Space is the high ground. Control that and you control everything below.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I believe Herr Drumpf, in an effort to project himself as Galactic Space Emperor, is thinking about a space-wall between us and the Horse Nebula.

MsDaisyC

I believe Herr Drumpf, in an effort to project himself as Galactic Space Emperor, is thinking about a space-wall between us and the Horse Nebula.
Mong the Merciless

wombat

I heard Marian McKeown? commenting from the U.S. today. I always consider her to be a typical liberal commentator but she also remembers her day job and is pretty good at reporting events as they happened rather than the way she wished they had happened - in other words, she's an old fashioned reporter. She made the point that when Reagan proposed Star Wars, it was taken seriously and pros and cons debated. Trump proposing a dedicated space defence force is treated as a joke, despite the proposal being no sillier.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
The biggest threat we face from space that we know of is a large rock travelling at enormous speeds appearing in space telescopes and projected to intersect with earth. Or the moon for that matter.

I look forward to Space Deppitty Esterhause stepping off his Space-Bike and holding up his hand to halt said threat.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom