• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

USI President John Logue Arrested at the Dáil.

ruserious

USI President Arrested at Dáil Education Vote

Not that I have much time for the USI or youth wing politics (I don't...) but little story here tonight about Loguey Bear getting himself arrested for protesting at the Dáil tonight.

Big load of meh, but may prove interesting if he ever gets elected to the Dáil.

ticketyboo

USI President Arrested at Dáil Education Vote

Not that I have much time for the USI or youth wing politics (I don't...) but little story here tonight about Loguey Bear getting himself arrested for protesting at the Dáil tonight.

Big load of meh, but may prove interesting if he ever gets elected to the Dáil.
Seen this fella a couple of times on tv on successive nights, and was impressed by him. Is he aligned to anyone particularly? It was hard to tell from his contributions, but spoke very well off the cuff.

ruserious

Seen this fella a couple of times on tv on successive nights, and was impressed by him. Is he aligned to anyone particularly? It was hard to tell from his contributions, but spoke very well off the cuff.
Someone here the other night said he was an FFer. Dunno if that was true or just a provocative slur.

Crazy horse 6

Just positioning himself for some public exposure. Hopefully he spends the night in the cells at the joy. Should put some manners on him.

TommyO'Brien

Someone here the other night said he was an FFer. Dunno if that was true or just a provocative slur.
He is a FFer.

Logue acknowledges his involvement in the UCD Ógra Fianna Fáil group, the Kevin Barry Cumann, yet maintains that he will not allow party politics to influence him in his role within the SU, saying that “I’ve no ambition to be a politician or a senator.” However, his political links are obvious in his constant references to getting advice from former Education Vice-President and current National Youth Officer for Fianna Fáil, Brian Doyle.
Election Special: Education Vice-President - University Observer

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
Excuse me I was a student politician. I was never arrested but I was once hauled up before the high court for contempt. All in the line of duty.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
I was advised by Messrs. McCartan and White, radical left wing solicitors at law, both now judges.

ticketyboo

Locking him up is the only way to keep him off the airwaves.
I have no doubt at all that you're serious. He agitates against the absolute fúcking disgrace that is causing some students to abandon their career path because of a monumental screw up, and I wonder is it deliberate obstruction in some cases or many. I had my son's returned claiming that we had not sent the complete documentation required, which we had. Some anecdotal evidence that this has been done to other students three times. yet you, in your deliberately, gratuitously offensive style, ponder your response with your usual hate-filled mindset and make a post like this. Complete and utter knobhead.
P.S. I wouldn't care if the boy is a Fianna Failer or not. Looks like a talent and a guy with some principles. Not for me, I suppose, to shatter his youthful dreams. Maybe he just belongs to one of the many families (42% or thereabouts in 2007) who thought they were the bees knees.

SayItAintSo

Ex-FF, or so someone posted on VB thread recently, last night I think. Thought he came across as a Gilmore in the making. I had him down as Labour.

nicht besonders

Was the John Logue referred to here a different man? Is he or was he ever a member of Fianna Fáil? (Not that there is anything wrong with having been a foot solider of destiny in the past)?
http://www.politics.ie/forum/youth-politics/60801-ucd-fianna-fail-agm-2009-a.html
According to The Phoenix last week, he left FF a few years back, is currently unattached (ie, The FF Undead).

Picked a bad news day for this stunt, all tomorrow's papers full of the non-abortion story.

Sierra

Was a member of FF in UCD. Possibly still is, his family would be well known FF'ers in Donegal. He would be seen to many in Donegal as a future FF TD.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies