UVF asked to assassinate Haughey?

eoghanacht

If it looks like a wind-up, and sounds like a wind-up, it probably is a wind-up.

:roll:

Or maybe you prefer to believe everything the UVF has ever said?
Untangle your knickers dear.

McTell

Twitter
No
Who knows what the truth is, but one things for sure is that the British intelligence agencies must have had a hell of a lot of the Irish Establishment compromised, when one looks at the amount of corruption and sexual abuse that was taken place in the ROI in the 70s and 80s.

Very likely. But I don't believe everything the UVF says.

Just like I'm happy not promoting unity with nutters like the UVF.

Just like the UVF didn't really believe the MI5 man, if you think about it. So it's all hot air.

Some of the posters here give the impression that they are happy to believe anything if it supports their perception of victimhood at the hands of - look who cares? It's always someone else's fault.....

Eoin Coir

Agreed, they had no need to while they had a weak, anti-nationalist leader of FG in place.

The Times reports today that HM The Queen was very fond of Garrett the Good. How spiffing!
you contradict yourself again, surely if they wanted Garret they'd have removed CJ, I am sure they had plenty on him, from arms import, to Terry keane etc. Thatcher actually preferred CJ as you know. She was also mad about extradition when some judges would find any reason to throw out warrants.One DJ did so in Portlaoise ,he was a FF appointed cronie who did not have quals to be a judge- he was later removed from bench & paid full salary until he retired. Other was Brian Walsh, dad in law of AG John Murray. he would find any reason not to extradite, he was never made CJ even by FF. He even visited Haughey offering him comfort before the arms trial, and Walsh still a judge. He was great on flouridation though !

McTell

Twitter
No

eoghanacht

Apple in Eden

Actually, one of the few things to commend him was that he had a frothing at the mouth hatred of capital punishment and was quick to commute the death sentences in the wake of the Ballaghadreen Killings!
One of the great Republican lies and there are many is that the Loyalist paramilitaries were somehow a massively inferior military force to their own beloved RA. Now I know for a fact that collusion was rife but it worked hand in glove with a well oiled protestant war machine. The Loyalists were every bit as capable of their own accord of sending the Kinsealy boy packing as the RA were of getting rid of the witch Thatcher in Brighton

parentheses

Very likely. But I don't believe everything the UVF says.

Just like I'm happy not promoting unity with nutters like the UVF.

Just like the UVF didn't really believe the MI5 man, if you think about it. So it's all hot air.

Some of the posters here give the impression that they are happy to believe anything if it supports their perception of victimhood at the hands of - look who cares? It's always someone else's fault.....

You believe them when they say the British had nothing to do with the Dublin/Monaghan bombings.

You don't believe them when they say the British asked them to kill Haughey

McTell

Twitter
No
You believe them when they say the British had nothing to do with the Dublin/Monaghan bombings.

Like I said, like you copied, I don't believe everything the UVF says.

Try more reacting and less thinking... no wait...

McTell

Twitter
No

Eoin Coir

Brits could easily have dispatched CH & Adams, but thought it better to leave both serpents in place

puffin

Who knows what the truth is, but one things for sure is that the British intelligence agencies must have had a hell of a lot of the Irish Establishment compromised, when one looks at the amount of corruption and sexual abuse that was taken place in the ROI in the 70s and 80s.
Absolutely, and probably still do,

Windowshopper

Why would the British security services do that? What benefit would accrue? I think it's nonsense.

I suppose the more interesting question was who sent the letter and why?

puffin

KGB will never expose someone they have compromised, if they do what use are they, this is the Trump business is all about, did the pros piss on him , if it exposed Trump is no further use, ps . I have forgotten what the KGB is called now.

rainmaker

Administrator
Haughey was not the leader of Ireland in 1985.
It's irrelevant - the whole story falls down on the idea that the UVF morally objected to British dirty tricks.

And as if the UVF would have put such a claim in a letter to the intended high profile target.

The whole thing collapses on common sense alone.

rainmaker

Administrator
Why would the CĂșntz lie?
Are you seriously telling me that The Britz were not capable of 'taking out' a political leader at this level, of course they would be, without a shadow!

That isn't what I said. I said they would not approach a bunch of armed thugs to carry out such a high profile op.

Do you seriously believe a group that carried out so much slaughter and mayhem supposedly objected to to carrying this out on moral grounds and that they would go so far as to tell the intended victim?

Get a grip.

rainmaker

Administrator

And that can be turned on it's head. You believe they are perfectly capable of carrying out an atrocity like the Dublin Monaghan bombing.

Yet you also believe they refused to kill one single high profile target on moral grounds.

I think it is not at all far-fetched to imply that Loyalists may have had a better sense of morality than the British.
Yet you claim they carried out the Dublin Monaghan bombing, not to mention the Glenanne gang killings. You see what you want to see & have a strange idea of morality- I rest my case

Last edited:

rainmaker

Administrator
Well Dublin & Monaghan were outsourced.
And do you seriously believe the people who had no hesitation in carrying out such an inhuman atrocity suddenly morally objected to carrying out this and to British dirty tricks in general?

NMunsterman

He may have been a philandering theiving Carvet shirt wearing gombeen extraordinaire but if the two main sets of the British secret service want you dead you can't have been all that bad?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/loyalists-told-charles-haughey-mi5-asked-us-to-execute-you-1.3339804?mode=amp
The state-run British professional murder-gang of the MI5 only used the amateur murder-gang of the UVF as donkeys to deliver the pay-load when they needed them, as for example, in the Dublin and Monaghan bombing murders.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies