UVF Force Catholics From Their Homes

theloner

It's 2017. The Housing Executive confirmed a number of Catholic families living in a shared housing scheme in south Belfast presented to the organisation as homeless because of sectarian intimidation by loyalists.
The now former-residents lived off Ravenhill Road in Cantrell Close – a housing development that was part of a Stormont 'shared communities' strategy.

Police visited them on Tuesday around midnight about a warning issued stating they were not welcome in the area because of their religion. The four families presented themselves to the NIHE as homeless as the threat also said that if the residents did not leave the area they faced violence from the East Belfast UVF.

DUP's Pengelly

In June, the area made headlines after UVF and other loyalist flags were put up in the Cantrell Close and Global Crescent neighbourhoods. A DUP MP, Emma Pengelly, said she has found no widespread demands for the removal of flags from a mixed housing development in her South Belfast constituency.

"There were some people who were very supportive of the flags, people who felt very much it was part of the tradition of the local area and the wider area," she said. "Really they didn't want a public fuss around this matter," she added.

Ms Little-Pengelly, whose candidacy for the South Belfast Westminster seat was endorsed by a UDA-linked magazine as well as the Loyalist Communities Council, which represents the UDA, UVF and Red Hand Commando.

PSNI

In June the PSNI said removing flags was not its responsibility, and police would only act to remove flags where there were "substantial risks to public safety". Today it's probable that the same PSNI personnel informed four families with young children they faced sectarian violence if they continue to live in, get this, a housing development called Together Building United Communities.

Disbelief in June

Alliance MLA Paula Bradshaw said it was "almost beyond belief" that Mrs Little Pengelly believes there was no widespread demand for removal of flags from a mixed housing development in the area.

”Emma Little-Pengelly was a special adviser for the DUP when the TBUC programme was created,” she said.
“Therefore, she should know first-hand how a shared neighbourhood works - it should be welcoming to all and intimidating to none.

She added: “I would be surprised if many residents would feel comfortable telling an MP who was publicly endorsed by paramilitaries only a few weeks ago they were intimidated by a flag glorifying one of those same groups.

SF

Sinn Féin MLA Máirtín Ó Muilleoir hit out at the UVF following the intimidation. "People in the area, Catholics in the area were very afraid before the summer that the UVF was able to go about its activity.

No fuss at all. Other Catholic families live in this area.

Catholics ordered out of Belfast shared housing in sectarian threat - The Irish News
UVF driving Catholic families out of Belfast homes, claims MLA - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
Pengelly: residents don't want 'public fuss' over flags - BBC News

Last edited:

GDPR

The UVF need to be crushed and anyone who has played along with them in Political Unionism needs to be taken out along with them.

between the bridges

A sad reflection of the inter community tensions that still exist in some areas of NI...

Dame_Enda

Disgraceful but I also believe SF are not helping matters with their artificial abstention from the NI executive

AhNowStop

Disgraceful but I also believe SF are not helping matters with their artificial abstention from the NI executive
oh aye, blame the shinners .. ffs catch a grip :roll:

thats like blaming the rapee for wearing a short skirt ...

GDPR

Normally when I read your posts even when I disagree with them I can say to myself- "I understand why he thinks that". However the above is just surreal. Whatever SF did the scum discussed in the OP would be carrying on the same given an opportunity.

Last edited:

theloner

Ironic given this housing development was a Stormont invention, the 'Together Building United Communities' programme aimed at promoting shared housing, ya ignorant tw@t.

between the bridges

So what do you think of the DUP being "besties" with "current" paramilitaries bwigey ?

paying them for votes no less
Moi would much prefer if unionist elected officials had nothing to do with criminal thugs, but ye lot keep votailing them in...

AhNowStop

Moi would much prefer if unionist elected officials had nothing to do with criminal thugs, but ye lot keep votailing them in...
I'll try again as I realise yer a bit slow......

So what do you think of the DUP being "besties" with "current" paramilitaries bwigey ?

paying them for votes no less
btw, the key words you're looking for are in bold this time :roll: ... hopefully that helps :lol:

GDPR

Loyalist scum were doing this before the Provies were around on the scene. In fact if they hadn't been up to this type of carry on Northern Ireland would very probably have been saved from a 30 year low intensity war.

between the bridges

I'll try again as I realise yer a bit slow......

btw, the key words you're looking for are in bold this time :roll: ... hopefully that helps :lol:
PIRA members believe that the PAC [army council] oversees both PIRA and Sinn Féin with an overarching strategy.”

revelations that the army council is still in operation and that some PIRA members are engaged in large-scale smuggling and other criminal activities,

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/oct/20/ira-still-exists-but-in-much-reduced-form-says-official-report

Next...

vivabrigada

PIRA members believe that the PAC [army council] oversees both PIRA and Sinn Féin with an overarching strategy.”

revelations that the army council is still in operation and that some PIRA members are engaged in large-scale smuggling and other criminal activities,

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/oct/20/ira-still-exists-but-in-much-reduced-form-says-official-report

Next...
Oh fer fuks sake Bridget, four Catholic families put out of their own homes by the UVF for being Catholic and you deflect to the Ra.
Fukkin cringeworthy, no wonder these sectarian half wits get away with their actions, Thats a disgraceful post, shameful.

former wesleyan

Total silence from unionist politicians.
South Belfast MP Emma Little Pengelly and MLA Christopher Stalford condemned the threats.

They said: “It is absolutely disgraceful that anyone should be threatened from their home. This area has traditionally been welcoming to all and those responsible do not represent the area. It must be condemned by everyone.

Remind yerself to read the links before pontificating.

AhNowStop

Next...
Ah the OO crackpot deflection strikes again .... ffs bwigey, how pathetic old chap, how pathetic :roll:

theloner

South Belfast MP Emma Little Pengelly and MLA Christopher Stalford condemned the threats.

They said: “It is absolutely disgraceful that anyone should be threatened from their home. This area has traditionally been welcoming to all and those responsible do not represent the area. It must be condemned by everyone.

Too little, too late. The DUP woman was on the committee that founded this shared housing programme. You don't think as soon as UVF flags were erected they should have been ripped down immediately given SHE was part of putting together this scheme? Instead of proclaiming the residents didn't want to create a 'fuss' around them and that some were 'supportive'?

Christ, I'm sure given the laws of average, a few on in that estate were supportive of domestic violence or 'roughing up a few fruits at the weekend'.
Unless of course, they were planning to move in pro-UVF Catholic families, in which case, she might have had a point. Her words NOW, after being warmed BEFORE, are as fecking as meaningless as that dick Levellers. A total waste of time. Your debunking of his point earns you nil poi. Now toddle off again for another few months.

AhNowStop

Yeah, she's full of concern for Catholics living in that "shared" area .....Pengelly: residents don't want 'public fuss' over flags - BBC News

Remind yerself to read up on the history of a story/incident ... ye havent a clue !!

Last edited:

between the bridges

Oh fer fuks sake Bridget, four Catholic families put out of their own homes by the UVF for being Catholic and you deflect to the Ra.
Fukkin cringeworthy, no wonder these sectarian half wits get away with their actions, Thats a disgraceful post, shameful.
Merely answering a question dear, reserve yer faux anger for somewan who might be remotely interested in what a sectarian murder gang hero worshiper has to say...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies