UVF killers Loyalist 'Band' to march past scene of murder.

st333ve

http://www.irishnews.com/appnews/540/5860/2009/11/28/633767_401660609290Victim82.html

The family of an innocent murder victim are outraged that a Loyalist banned named after his murderer will be legally allowed to march past the spot where he killed his victim Patrick McKenna , moments later he was shot dead by the British army.

Thousands of loyalists will take to the streets of west Belfast next Saturday to mark the 20th anniversary of the UVF killer’s death.

The Ardoyne victim Patrick McKenna was shot 11 times as he walked along the Crumlin Road on September 2 1989 in a random sectarian attack carried out by Brian Robinson.

SAOIRSE32 :: Murdered Catholic?s family say UVF parade ?distasteful? :: August :: 2009

When told of her son’s death Robinson’s mother Margaret suffered a heart attack and died. The two were buried on the same day....

....“Paddy’s murder affected him badly. He held his brother as he died, shot 11 times for no reason. It was very sad and very hard to see my father suffer like that,” he said.

Speaking yesterday Gerard McKenna, a nephew of Patrick McKenna, said the continued glorification of the UVF killer 20 years after his death was in poor taste.

“To be honest I have no hard feelings against Brian Robinson. As far as I’m concerned he was a victim of the Troubles as well, a victim of the circumstances he was born into,”........

Last edited:

picador

WTF? This sickening parade took place months ago. And it didn't go past Ardoyne shops. Otherwise there would have been a bloody big riot. The Parades Commission are stupid. But they're not that stupid!

This is old news indeed.

st333ve

Edited.

ts not old news, the second link is merely for information.
Maybe I should have made that clearer.

Anyway the first link is in reference to this weeks parades commission ruling, allowing this immoral parade to take place right at the scene where the killer shot his victim 11 times - so yes the parades commission is stupid.

It is in today's newspapers.

With the DUP calling for the parades commission to be scrapped, they're most likely going to allow more Taig trampling to appeal to the DUP.

Last edited:

mutley

WTF? This sickening parade took place months ago. And it didn't go past Ardoyne shops. Otherwise there would have been a bloody big riot. The Parades Commission are stupid. But they're not that stupid!

This is old news indeed.
Edited.

Anyway the first link is in reference to this weeks parades commission ruling, allowing this immoral parade to take place right at the scene where the killer shot his victim 11 times.

PicaDOH!

st333ve

It was actually my mistake, I didnt realise this sick band was allowed to march elsewhere and there was various online news articles about them.

mutley

You really do have to love that 'parody of esteem' delivered as a result of the holy GFA.
Do not rubish the parity of esteem, wasn't there trees planted at Stormont to make hurls?
Nationalists got their trees, Loyalists got their march
Feck some begrudgers are never satisfied ;)

picador

Edited.

Anyway the first link is in reference to this weeks parades commission ruling, allowing this immoral parade to take place right at the scene where the killer shot his victim 11 times - so yes the parades commission is stupid.

With the DUP calling for the parades commission to be scrapped, they're most likely going to allow more Taig trampling to appeal to the DUP.
That story you've copied is an old one.

I see the story you've linked to is dated today but I can't read anymore as I don't have subs. Is this for real? Why are they marching at this time of year?

picador

Ligoniel Walkers ABOD

And they are seriously gonna try walking past Ardoyne shops with this band!? It's almost as if someone was trying to demonstrate why the Parades Commission should be abolished!

minstrelboy

LOYALIST GUN MAN SHOT BY BRITISH ARMY?

How the hell did this happen? Surely this must be some Brit inspired lie? I thought The UK armed forces only gunned down young children because they were Catholics? This can't be right and if it is where are the protests, the TV documentaries? Couldn't the man have been arrested? Why wasn't he arrested? Was there collusion involved? I have no proof there was, but there must have been, I'm sure. Is there a book coming out? Did The Irish Government not lodge a protest? Were sanctions not threatened by Irish Americans? Did they burn down The UK embassy in Dublin? After all, here was a clear case of a Protestant Irishman slaughtered by Cromwell's men...

Oh God save us, etc, etc, etc

:rolleyes:

mutley

How the hell did this happen? Surely this must be some Brit inspired lie? I thought The UK armed forces only gunned down young children because they were Catholics? This can't be right and if it is where are the protests, the TV documentaries? Couldn't the man have been arrested? Why wasn't he arrested? Was there collusion involved? I have no proof there was, but there must have been, I'm sure. Is there a book coming out? Did The Irish Government not lodge a protest? Were sanctions not threatened by Irish Americans? Did they burn down The UK embassy in Dublin? After all, here was a clear case of a Protestant Irishman slaughtered by Cromwell's men...

who said that?

Pat Mc Larnon

Do not rubish the parity of esteem, wasn't there trees planted at Stormont to make hurls?
Nationalists got their trees, Loyalists got their march
Feck some begrudgers are never satisfied ;)
Your party supports the Parades Commission, your feigned concern is nauseating. When you vote next time around for the SDLP you will be endorsing the rulings of this Commission.

picador

A week or two previous to 2nd September a gang made up of UDR soldiers broke into a huse in Rathfriland, Co. Down and murdered a man called Loughlin Maginn in front of his family. Subsequently the UFF claimed - incorrectly - he was an IRA man. To substantiate their claim the UFF showed journalist Chris Moore a ream of security force intelligence montages. When the news of military collusion with loyalists became public it was a huge scandal. Ultimately John Stephens was appointed to look into the matter and the role of Brian Nelson was exposed. The military scrambled desperately to contain the damage. What they thought they needed was a success against loyalists. And in September the 2nd they got themselves one. that they were a shower of cynical murdering bastards was evident at the time.

This parade is a deliberate and serious provocation (more so than the usual one featuring Pride of Ardoyne FB) and must not be tolerated under any circumstances.

mutley

Your party supports the Parades Commission, your feigned concern is nauseating. When you vote next time around for the SDLP you will be endorsing the rulings of this Commission.
SDLP is not my Party, your party on the other hand can't make up its mind whether it supports them or not

Katayusha Mk2

A week or two previous to 2nd September a gang made up of UDR soldiers broke into a huse in Rathfriland, Co. Down and murdered a man called Loughlin Maginn in front of his family. Subsequently the UFF claimed - incorrectly - he was an IRA man. To substantiate their claim the UFF showed journalist Chris Moore a ream of security force intelligence montages. When the news of military collusion with loyalists became public it was a huge scandal. Ultimately John Stephens was appointed to look into the matter and the role of Brian Nelson was exposed. The military scrambled desperately to contain the damage. What they thought they needed was a success against loyalists. And in September the 2nd they got themselves one. that they were a shower of cynical murdering bastards was evident at the time.

This parade is a deliberate and serious provocation (more so than the usual one featuring Pride of Ardoyne FB) and must not be tolerated under any circumstances.
You forgot to add that Loyalists dug up Loughlin McGinn's coffin and attacked it with spades in the hope of opening it and desecrating his body, within weeks of his burial. Somebody obviously stopped them before they could break into the coffin.

Nobody has ever faced trial for his murder, the desecration of his grave, or of course the targetting that led to it all.

minstrelboy

A week or two previous to 2nd September a gang made up of UDR soldiers broke into a huse in Rathfriland, Co. Down and murdered a man called Loughlin Maginn in front of his family.
Have you the names of The UDR men convicted of this killing?

picador

WTF am I - the Court Service? A couple of UDR soldiers were later convicted for their part in the murder.

The reason I did not mention that the grave was later dug up is because it is not particularly relevant to the events of 2nd September 1989.

Last edited:

picador

Pat,

This smells like some kind of political stunt. What's your take on it?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies