Vacancy on TV show Eggheads as egghead arrested for Murder.

SayItAintSo

Egghead CJ de Mooi has been arrested for murder. He previously stated that when he was a prostitute in the Netherlands, he pushed some man into a canal.

Anybody think they have what it takes to become an egghead?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CJ_de_Mooi

Eggheads' CJ de Mooi arrested on suspicion of murder
No way! He always looked a bit weird & on that show thats saying something ☺

I prefer the format that's on now, 'who wants to be an egg head?' rather than the normal format, it's really too slow.

Not anywhere near the league of University Challenge or Only Connect but its grand as a quick fix while waiting for Mon to come round.

between the bridges

Head to head now CJ so no alternative answers...

Egghead CJ de Mooi has been arrested for murder. He previously stated that when he was a prostitute in the Netherlands, he pushed some man into a canal.

Anybody think they have what it takes to become an egghead?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CJ_de_Mooi

Eggheads' CJ de Mooi arrested on suspicion of murder
Lumme see: in his style, I am asked a question while in the question room:

"Of which country is Bangui the Capital? The options are: Comoros, The Central African Republic or Kiribati".

"Well, when I was on the treadmill this morning at the gym I was looking at a map of the World and saw that the Capital of Kiribati is South Tarawa, while the capital of Comoros is, I seem to recall, Moroni, so I'll go with B, The Central African Republic."

The eggheads can never resist a preen by using the incorrect answers and proceeding on an unneeded process of elimination. Look at me! I knew all the capitals!

The programme should be called D1ckheads.

Rural

I love quizzes (there are no good ones on RTE at all) but I find that Eggheads quiz very irritating.

I reckon CJ would be a psychiatrist's dream, he is the epitome of "attention seeker". He was on quite a few TV quizzes before Eggheads and became famous for being the sorest loser on The Weakest Link, I have searched Youtube for this, but can't find it.

SayItAintSo

I love quizzes (there are no good ones on RTE at all) but I find that Eggheads quiz very irritating.

I reckon CJ would be a psychiatrist's dream, he is the epitome of "attention seeker". He was on quite a few TV quizzes before Eggheads and became famous for being the sorest loser on The Weakest Link, I have searched Youtube for this, but can't find it.
You often see the same faces turning up on the various shows. UC contestants regularly turn up on Only Connect and Mastermind.

ruserious

https://youtu.be/J9G7ZWcmVJM
From 17:30

hollandia

Anyone who changes their name to CJ "the beautiful", is worthy of looking into, imho.

He'll be in a different type of question room now.

"CJ, the question is this, and remember that if you get it right you have beaten your opponent: did you kill a man in Amsterdam? Your options are as follows: A:Yes, B:No, or C:No comment until I see my lawyer."

Would he be able to rein in his competitive instincts?

Not that the issue is anything more than speculation at the moment, of course.

Last edited:
You'd really have to question his editors competency, not to realise this might be a problem, of course he/she knew it would garner publicity and therefore increase sales. As for the guy himself, he might be clever but it seems he's also a bit of an idiot too.
I thought about that when his autobiography came out. The tabloids were quick to pick up on that gem and it became headlines.

I don't know why it was included; it was certainly a juicy tidbit, and maybe they that the vague nature of the story (no dates AFAIK, and no certainty that the guy was dead made them thik it wouldn't followed. I'm sure, thoough, that if someone was fished out of the canal with facial injuries and bereft of life a full autopsy and investigation would have been performed at the time. When that drew a blank the details are filed away.

Then CJ makes his claims. They pull up the records, get a date, and check from airline records etc whether CJ was in Amsterdam at that time, and if so, tell their British counterparts to pick him up.

ruserious

Pretty sure he specifically mentioned 1988 in the book, Des. Wouldn't be hard to get a file to the public prosecutor it seems.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

No idea who he is nor what TV show he is from?

That might have something to do with me not watching TV very often.

However, according to his previous words, the man approached him with a knife - presumably in a threatening manner, so perhaps he might be guilty of manslaugther or even self deference?

Still, he should have called the emergency services no matter what. No excuse to leave anyone to drown.

Hunter-Gatherer

Cj always looks cross when things dont go his way. deffo a nutter. He is like 'gareth' from 'the office'.

Sotired

Lumme see: in his style, I am asked a question while in the question room:

"Of which country is Bangui the Capital? The options are: Comoros, The Central African Republic or Kiribati".

"Well, when I was on the treadmill this morning at the gym I was looking at a map of the World and saw that the Capital of Kiribati is South Tarawa, while the capital of Comoros is, I seem to recall, Moroni, so I'll go with B, The Central African Republic."

The eggheads can never resist a preen by using the incorrect answers and proceeding on an unneeded process of elimination. Look at me! I knew all the capitals!

The programme should be called D1ckheads.
I couldn't agree more.

Plus the level of difficulty of the questions in no way warrants these flutes being called eggheads.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies